Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,624 members, 7,823,747 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

A Husband’s Painful Dilemma On Paternity, Infidelity - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Husband’s Painful Dilemma On Paternity, Infidelity (2183 Views)

Infidelity: Wives, Mistresses’ Fights Get Messier, Spill To Social Media (pics) / Court Dissolves Marriage As DNA Reveals Child’s Paternity / A Husband’s Painful Dilemma On Paternity, Infidelity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: A Husband’s Painful Dilemma On Paternity, Infidelity by carnegiefan: 10:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
freecocoa:
That's why there's something called adoption, there are thousands of children needing to be loved, he can adopt.

Lol at sex being elevated, sex for who exactly? Men or women?

There was still adoption in Igbo traditional marriages. And it happens when the women cannot get pregnant. That is why the Igbo blame a woman for childlessness in a marriage.
Adoption is the LAST resort -something done after a whole range of other options have been tried and they failed. Usually it happens within the family; eg, a person adopting his nephew or neice.
Non-family adoption is rare in Igbo culture because there is no way to be sure that the children won't be abused ;eg used for rituals as happens in Nigeria these days.
The Igbo of the old were very wise people. cool

2 Likes

Re: A Husband’s Painful Dilemma On Paternity, Infidelity by carnegiefan: 10:25pm On Aug 16, 2015
TV01:

Dude, like wow!

I have loved your insights and grasp of marriage in the Igbo tradition. My admiration for both you and the culture has rocketed. From the little you've written, I can glean how rich and evolved a tradition it is in its pure form. I sincerely hope it is revitalised and reclaimed in it's essence.

As a lover of matrimony, I have really appreciated your input here - and I didn't even read the OP. It resonates really strongly with my own study of proper marriage across cultures and through history. I hereby dub you an official NL Marriage Advocate cheesy.

Thank you, very much appreciated.

TV

You're very welcome. cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

My 3 Years Old Son Cant Read Nor Write, Help Pls / Photos: Meet The Father Who Lost Lips & Four Limbs To A Flesh-eating Bug / Mom Gives Best Explanation Ever How Life Changes After Pregnancy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.