Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,464 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Diary Of An African Man Mentality - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Diary Of An African Man Mentality (970 Views)

South African Man Dies In Mistress Cupboard As Her Husband Came Home Unannounced / South African Man With 4 Wives Who Wants Other Men To Be Polygamous (Pics) / African Man Marries An Elderly Oyinbo Woman. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of An African Man Mentality by olaolu39(m): 9:27pm On Aug 16, 2015
I found myself in a gathering of some elites, British dwellers in Nigeria this evening. (when i say elites i do not only say the exposed ones, but those whom exposure have changed positively).
It was a long story but i would like to cut it as short as i could.

What is this thing with African mentality, Nigeria as a case study concerning whom our women mean to us.
At the end of the discussion,it was concluded that Africans are actually 100 years backward. I’d tell you why after you answered these rhetorical questions.
1. If for example, you met your wife to be in a party and after getting married she asked for a permission to go partying with her friends, will you allow her?
2. In the same case, will you seek your wife’s permission to go to a party?
3. What is your take if your wife earns more than you do, like massively?

Is there any rule or portion of the law that says women are weaker vessels? Husband should always take the lead?
Haven’t gone global, watch movies and see other cultures, Africans still find gender equality a big issue even while we preach it and include it in our development goals.
Delegation of duties to a gender is uncalled for. Wives are known for cleaning, cooking, care for children e.t.c asides their own work as men do only normal day work and expect a lot from the wife, and if she doesn’t deliver, trouble ensue.

We all advocate gender equality but in our mindset we find it difficult to equate husband’s power in a home to his wife.
We believe anything Daddy says is final even if He’s wrong. We make mummy second in command even when they have been proclaimed as one.We agree to the fact that husband has the full right to reprimand His wife while wife doesn’t have the privilege.

Have you thought of Mitchell Obama and others? their privilege and power…
In their opinion, they believe this mentality hinders efficient productivity of the nation since men wants someone whom they are smarter and better than (which is true), while the smart women act as if they are gullible so as to have a husband let peace reign. This is why some women quit their career for some low categorized jobs.

Many at times I’ve heard people including myself say ”getting hooked with a richer woman, who has higher certification and fame is not right to marry” because i have to be the man.
Guys in school who see a lady’s grade point as a threat of getting closer to her of which the latter doesn’t care, e.t.c are various examples.
At the end, i doff my hat for these guys analysis…

Critically examine this in your mind and feed yourself back, give your intuition, share this and have a re-think. Women are not helpers, slaves, housewives as we do call them. Many African men married because of helping hands and not for unionism. Examine your home and justify the statement.
#GENDER EQUALITY IS NOT JUST A STATEMENT, BUT MINDSET.

Leave a Reply
http://naijacouples.com/diary-of-an-african-man-mentality/

Re: Diary Of An African Man Mentality by respect80(m): 9:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
na u sabi
must we emulate the white men completely if light no dey your area travel com AY come HUG TRANSFORMER
Mtcheeeew
Re: Diary Of An African Man Mentality by olaolu39(m): 10:28pm On Aug 16, 2015
soro niyen
respect80:
na u sabi
must we emulate the white men completely if light no dey your area travel com AY come HUG TRANSFORMER
Mtcheeeew
Re: Diary Of An African Man Mentality by IgboGoat: 10:42pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mtcheeeeeew.
Re: Diary Of An African Man Mentality by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 16, 2015
Moronic fuctard,you titled your thread african man mentality,I was even thinking you were gonna say something about how un serious nigeria is towards their leaders,and I saw you ranting

Oga ade..if you are pained,kindly hug a live transformer,or better still start the movement with your dad,hopefully he will also pass your message on....

Moronic stewpid blogger ....

Ode,oloriburuku somebody....

Olodo rabata...

Ole,asinwi..olofofo

Hediot
Re: Diary Of An African Man Mentality by babaarewa(m): 11:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
All this grammer. I no gree. Name MSN pass woman too. Even the Bible talk am.

(1) (Reply)

Welcome But Not Needed / Teenager Who Was Born With Hundreds Of Birthmarks Over Her Entire Body Embraces / (pics) See What My Mum Gave Me As A Valentine Gift.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.