Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,751 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:03 PM

Ile Ife Again - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ile Ife Again (655 Views)

"The Cleanest Street In Ile-Ife To Receive N100K Every Month" Says Ooni. Photos / Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched / Ooni Ogunwusi Observing Eld Prayers In Ile-Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ile Ife Again by akudinaobi(m): 7:02am On Aug 17, 2015
Ile ife sopouse to be if not one of the oldest youroba ancient kingdom,it ir rich in culture and tradition
Let me go staright to my point
,The death of the oba has brought massive criticisim on the people of ile ife on there way of life regarding the death of the royal father and instaling a new royalty

When the oba died history made us to believe that a live human who dedicated his life to the throne will die along side the royalty they call them abobaku or something permit my spelling
That fact has been denied by the council of elders where they refuse vehemently that such is not hapning again at ile ife but they are all lies because the final burial of the monarch is always done in secret so let them prove use wrong by showing us the grave content,I know its dificult ,my repect tho to the king(deceased) and their tradition

Secondly ,imagine the new to be installed king will eat the heart of the old king as a pledge and mark of honor to the diety ,which ever one they worship ,that is bizare , the council of elders under the office of the traditional prime minister also denied the fact thereby distancing ife throne from such act

My question is history and historians made us to belive that all these things are real and its being poerform as their culture and a show of respect and dignity to the throne ,so why then are they denying that fact
Re: Ile Ife Again by shobroy10(m): 7:21am On Aug 17, 2015
So.........
Re: Ile Ife Again by macof(m): 7:03pm On Aug 19, 2015
Jobless and stuupid op

2 Likes

Re: Ile Ife Again by akudinaobi(m): 6:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
macof:
Jobless and stuupid op
Hmmmmmmmm, toungue's

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Pastor Kumuyi Visits To New Ooni Of Ife, Preaches To Him. / I'm Very Sure There's No Word For This In Your Language! / Former President Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates The New Oba Of Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.