Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,072 members, 7,811,008 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns (2594 Views)

Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform / Abdullahi Inde Dikko In Hospital In Abuja / FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by shaddoww: 10:01am On Aug 17, 2015
The Comptroller General of the Nigeria Customs Service, Abdullahi Dikko Inde has thrown in the towel. Daily Sun gathered that the Customs boss resigned following indication that he would be fired by President Muhammadu Buhari. It was also gathered that ever since President Buhari came into power, Inde has made spirited efforts to be in his good books to no avail. Sources revealed that since the result of the March presidential election was an­ nounced, the Customs boss, who backed former president Goodluck Jonathan, had tried to make amends but failed. He was said to have shunned Buhari in 2011, when his support was sought and therefore his effort to now align with him (Buhari), after the March victory was like medicine after death. Born on May 11, 1960, Inde who is from Katsina State as Buhari, became Comptroller-General of Customs on August 17, 2009. He enlisted in the Superintendent Cadre of the Nigeria Customs Service in 1988. From 1988 when he enlisted in the Service, he made tremendous progress by rising to the rank of an Assistant Comptroller-General within a few years. His promotion was quite rapid as he quickly rose to the rank of an Assistant Comptroller-General within a few years, but because of his performance over the years, he was given a very prominent position of the ACG Headquarters from there and in no time, he was made the Comptroller-General of Customs. He was appointed a member of the Port Decongestion Committee in 1994. This snowballed into his appointment in 2001 to open Phase II and III of the Kirikiri Lighter Terminal to ease congestion. He has served in several customs commands which include Tincan Island Port, Apapa, Imo Command, Kaduna, Investigation and Inspection Headquarters, Abuja, Badagry Area Com­ mand, Seme Border, ACGHeadquarters, Comptroller-General of Customs.
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 17, 2015
ok
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 17, 2015
source
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 17, 2015
ok
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by SouthernBreeze(m): 10:03am On Aug 17, 2015
It's better to resign than work with a dictator
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by hola106(m): 10:03am On Aug 17, 2015
Ok another opportunity for d unemployed
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by Immanueladebol(m): 10:04am On Aug 17, 2015
Ok
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by Immanueladebol(m): 10:04am On Aug 17, 2015
Ok
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by EdCure: 10:05am On Aug 17, 2015
Ok

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by ifyan(m): 10:06am On Aug 17, 2015
Hey Nigerians are we sure PMB is not on a revenge mission because as things are going hmmm
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by merry02(m): 10:08am On Aug 17, 2015
Better!I wish ogar resign as well!
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by Ttalk: 10:21am On Aug 17, 2015
Why this sudden rush for resignation when he is not yet due for retirement. This simply indicate there is something wrong somewhere, could it be what i'm thinking? Then EFCC and ICPC must do the needful.
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by clip: 10:23am On Aug 17, 2015
i will be surprised if he is not probe.
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by Sunnymatey(m): 10:25am On Aug 17, 2015
That's de best tin to do. After all, wat is he lackin? He's one of the silent multi billionaires in dis country.
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by dayo23(f): 10:29am On Aug 17, 2015
Yes yes yes!
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by kazmanbanjoko(m): 10:41am On Aug 17, 2015
Okay/
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by kokoA(m): 10:50am On Aug 17, 2015
Baba will reject his resignation an fire him later. Don't ask me how I know.
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by clip: 11:10am On Aug 17, 2015
Sunnymatey:
That's de best tin to do. After all, wat is he lackin? He's one of the silent multi billionaires in dis country.

So you support him go free with the billions. Can his salary support his worth,if No, that means he has compromised and should be made accountable
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by ArodewilliamsT: 11:24am On Aug 17, 2015
Another abo.ki will definetely replace him. So where is the #Change?
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by Jesusloveyou: 11:24am On Aug 17, 2015
SouthernBreeze:
It's better to resign than work with a dictator
and is better for d corrupt man to easily work with ur clueless corrupt hero
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by omolami: 11:50am On Aug 17, 2015
I respect the retired CG of custom service, at least he did not allow one hater full of vendetta to mess him up . Kudos to you my man God bless your new endeavour
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by ZKOSOSO(m): 12:02pm On Aug 17, 2015
Oya Buhuri quick quick arrange anoda musa mohamed dia na na!
Northernization on course!!
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by OAMMB(f): 12:04pm On Aug 17, 2015
dont go yet....wait let us finish our probe first.
nnpc and customs the haven of corruption
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by 2dillu2(m): 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2015
Shege barawon banza angry
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by dokiOloye(m): 12:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
So Buhari sought d help of a serving custom boss in 2011?
Interesting.
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by omowolewa: 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2015
Smart moves, he knows his job is likely on the line.
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by shaddoww: 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:
Another abo.ki will definetely replace him. So where is the #Change?
And he will surprise u dis time
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by TheMadame(f): 12:54pm On Aug 17, 2015
omolami:
I respect the retired CG of custom service, at least he did not allow one hater full of vendetta to mess him up . Kudos to you my man God bless your new endeavour

Let me enlighten you.
Dikko Inde forged all the certificates and documents he used to become the Comptroller general of customs.
He then turned the service into his personal fiefdom,where he verbally promoted junior officers loyal to him over their seniors and posted them to lucrative sea ports like Apapa and Tin can from where they made stupendour returns to him in dollars.
Dikko encouraged economic sabotage by encouraging notorious cross border smuggler,Dahiru Mangal, to import consignments of prohibited goods/illegal arms and ammunition through Jibiya border in Katsina state.
Dikko blatantly refused to pay so many retired officers their benefits which he appropriated and laundered these proceeds through the brother of a popular Nigerian musician,by building mansions and hotels in Dubia.
Dikko Inde promoted indiscipline in the Service by stagnating officers on one rank for over 8 years while his cronies and vassals enjoyed constant promotion.
Dikko Inde is richer than many states in this country. Probably the most corrupt civil servant that ever lived.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by Gboliwe: 1:05pm On Aug 17, 2015
omolami:

Are you for real? shocked shocked shocked
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by 175(m): 1:28pm On Aug 17, 2015
My own is when is the next recruitment starting? Shey na Dikko tie am down since
Re: BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns by Caveatemptor(m): 2:40pm On Aug 17, 2015
My own worry about Abdullahi lnde Dikko,is that it will be paying lip service to the war on corruption if this character is allowed to resign and get away to enjoy his ill gotten wealth in piece because he is from Katsina state like the President.
Many officers died in penury because they were denied their retirement benefits while Dikko flew all over the world laundering the proceeds of his ill gotten wealth and economic sabotage.
I know almost all the Emirs in the North and Newspaper editors are on his payroll but there must be NO soft landing for this guy. He must face trial and regurgitate all he has swallowed.
No way to tribal soft landing for Dikko.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra’s Self-determination Suit Against Nigeria Continues Sept 22 / PHOTO: Bukola Saraki's Fate / Breaking News: Produce Saraki In 24hrs, CCT Orders IGP Arase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.