Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. (24862 Views)

7 Reasons Why You Must Start An Online Business In 2017 / Dairo Damilola Opeyemi Redefining Auto-parts Business In Nigeria / Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by phonesNgadgets: 5:43pm On Aug 26, 2015
@favparis, respect una sef ooo angry
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by phonesNgadgets: 8:05am On Aug 27, 2015
Good morning Nigeria. smiley
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by NnamdiN: 9:53am On Aug 27, 2015
FAVPARIS is pat ogidi aware you're putting his video up for sale online
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by phonesNgadgets: 10:35am On Aug 27, 2015
NnamdiN:
FAVPARIS is pat ogidi aware you're putting his video up for sale online
So it's not even the guy's original intellectual property? I don't think s/he will come here and defend the story. grin
Anyway, don't let us allow him derail the thread.
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by NnamdiN: 10:46am On Aug 27, 2015
phonesNgadgets:

So it's not even the guy's original intellectual property? I don't think s/he will come here and defend the story. grin
Anyway, don't let us allow him derail the thread.
it's not his property, he didnt even edit anything, copied everything word for word cheesy
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by phonesNgadgets: 11:34am On Aug 29, 2015
Meanwhile, I've got this qoute for you guys. Happy weekend. smiley

Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by prinkipas: 10:26am On Sep 01, 2015
Happy New Month To You All!

Good Job PhonesNgadgets we are here to help and contribute.

Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by phonesNgadgets: 6:29am On Sep 02, 2015
prinkipas:
Happy New Month To You All!

Good Job PhonesNgadgets we are here to help and contribute.
Thanks a lot smiley I wish you the same.
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by enolife(m): 9:27am On Sep 05, 2015
phonesNgadgets:

Bro, I guess you are ordering this watch from China. Unfortunately, I have never bought anything from China before and I don't know how pricing of imported goods from that side works. I buy mostly from North America.( US/Canada)
I don't know the market value of this brand in Nigeria, maybe some other contributors on this thread or another thread may be of help.
You are already taking a good step in doing your research before placing order smiley It's a way to go. I would be looking forward to hearing from you when you get vital information concerning the watch order. I wish you the best bro.
Ciao!
Alot of good advisers said I should drop the order business is too expensive and will not sell fast.
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by enolife(m): 9:30am On Sep 05, 2015
@ phonesNgadgets, Am still following and learning from you. please don't be discourage to update the house.
More Grease to elbow
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by phonesNgadgets: 11:03am On Sep 05, 2015
enolife:

Alot of good advisers said I should drop the order business is too expensive and will not sell fast.
Well, it's sometimes good to heed advice, particularly those from experienced person in that field.

As per my contribution to this thread. I'm so sorry that I've not been able to drop post recently. I've been occupied with some activities for my personal development. But be assured, I will posting more pieces soon.

Thank you for keeping faith with this thread. smiley
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by joeybankz: 7:53am On Sep 29, 2015
Insurance Industry Slow to Adopt e-Commerce (Principle Of Pooling Risks)

Among the scholars who contributed on insurance was, Opp and Group (1993), (IB study text, they explained that, insurance is a policy taken out to provide compensation in the event that something does happen, although the event is by no means certain to happen. This is made effective 'by insurance brokers (a person who arranges the insurance). Thus, the role of the insurance broker is to obtain insurance on behalf of a client by researching the market and finding a policy that is most suited to the need of the client. The broker is the go between the client and the insurer; it is through this broker that the policy holder pays his regular premium and other requirement to the insurance company.

Adeeko et al., (2001), Examination focus commerce for Y ASSCE and SSCE, said that insurance is based on the principle of pooling risks.

They also outlined the basic principles of insurance, which included the following;

Pooling risk; it includes the contribution of large number of a people to a fund, out of which compensation can be paid to those experiencing a particular loss or damage.
Insurance Interest: This Guarantees that the person who takes out an insurance policy must have an interest in the subject matter of the insurance policy.
Utmost Good Faith (i.e. Uberima 1-ide); all parties to the contract must deal openly and honestly with each other and disclose all relevant facts.
Indemnity; Under this policy the policy holder is entitled to be placed in the same position after a loss, so that he makes no gain or loss.
Surbrogation: it refers to the right which person has to stand in the place of another and enjoy all the right and remedies of that other person,

http://www.joeyarticles.com/insurance-industry-slow-adopt-ecommerce-principle-pooling-risks/
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by phonesNgadgets: 8:45am On Oct 05, 2015
Wow! It has been a while since I posted here. I am not to be blamed, please blame it on my offline activities, which also generates income for me.

I should be posting more experience and tips on e-commerce soon. Meanwhile, I wish everyone a profitable week. smiley
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by phonesNgadgets: 3:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hello everyone. Thank you for keeping an eye on this thread. I have been preoccupied with some offline activities in the recent time. Nevertheless, I will still find time and update the people.
I just took delivery of some goods I ordered from the U.S. So, I want to seize the opportunity to show you the goods. If you would like to know how I order the goods and how I got them all delivered to me, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you like any of the goods and would like to purchase from me, please go ahead smiley I'm in business because of you. grin

*I deliver nationwide.
*I deliver for free within Abeokuta.
*I accept payment on delivery option.

See pictures below:

1. Casio Men's watch

Made in USA 
Straightforward and streamlined, this Casio watch features a simple, versatile design yet boasts high-quality timepiece technology.
Japanese Quartz movement with analog display
Protective mineral crystal dial window
Features non-click rotating bezel, luminous hour hands, dual time, and date window at three o'clock position
Water resistant to 330 feet (100 M): suitable for snorkeling, as well as swimming.

2. Casio Men's "Edifice" Multifunction Analog Watch. 

Made in USA
Sport watch in stainless steel with black dial featuring chronograph subdials and luminous hands and hour markers
Quartz movement with analog display
Protective mineral crystal dial window
Features buckle closure, inner bezel indicators and black resin band
Water-resistant to 300 feet (100 M): suitable for snorkeling, as well as swimming, but not diving. 

3. Casio Men's Metal Fashion Analog Casual 50M Sports Watch. 

Core Collection
Quartz Movement
30 Meters / 100 Feet / 3 ATM Water Resistant
37mm Case Diameter
Mineral Crystal

4. Konigswerk Men's multifunction Watch. 

Japanese-Quartz
Multifunction Day Date
Big Face Watch
German Design
Case Diameter : 44mm

For further information, please check my signature.

1 Like

Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by phonesNgadgets: 3:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
More photos

1 Like

Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by newacca: 3:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
Cool.
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by phonesNgadgets: 7:34am On Oct 29, 2015
Thank you for keeping faith with this thread. More informative piece loading...
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by prinkipas: 10:02pm On Nov 20, 2015
Anticipating for its arrival and ready to drop my contribution to enable us grow cool
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by Youngzedd(m): 7:18am On Nov 21, 2015
phonesNgadgets:

Bro, I guess you are ordering this watch from China. Unfortunately, I have never bought anything from China before and I don't know how pricing of imported goods from that side works. I buy mostly from North America.( US/Canada)
I don't know the market value of this brand in Nigeria, maybe some other contributors on this thread or another thread may be of help.
You are already taking a good step in doing your research before placing order smiley It's a way to go. I would be looking forward to hearing from you when you get vital information concerning the watch order. I wish you the best bro.
Ciao!

Which USA and Canada sites?
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by Youngzedd(m): 7:19am On Nov 21, 2015
prinkipas:
Anticipating for its arrival and ready to drop my contribution to enable us grow cool

Your site is not mobile friendly, too bad.
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by phonesNgadgets: 8:03am On Nov 21, 2015
Youngzedd:

Which USA and Canada sites?
Amazon
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by prinkipas: 9:57am On Nov 21, 2015
Youngzedd:

Your site is not mobile friendly, too bad.
thanks for the feedback. Will work on it.
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by Youngzedd(m): 12:21pm On Nov 21, 2015
phonesNgadgets:

Amazon

Amazon products are expensive.

You dont buy from Ebay?
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by phonesNgadgets: 9:31pm On Nov 21, 2015
Youngzedd:

Amazon products are expensive.

You dont buy from Ebay?
I have e-bay account, but. I've never purchased from e-bay.

I get quality products and good deals on amazon, and that's what I actually want to deliver to my customers.
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by Youngzedd(m): 10:03pm On Nov 21, 2015
phonesNgadgets:

I have e-bay account, but. I've never purchased from e-bay.

I get quality products and good deals on amazon, and that's what I actually want to deliver to my customers.

Which shipping company do you use?
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by phonesNgadgets: 5:55am On Nov 22, 2015
Youngzedd:

Which shipping company do you use?
For goods that ships to Nigeria, Amazon/merchants on Amazon handle the shipping. For goods that don't ship to Nigeria, I use MYUS.
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by phonesNgadgets: 7:36am On Nov 23, 2015
Hello house. I wish everyone of us a profitable week. I don't know if I have shared the story of how I just got a funding from a local investor to expand my e-Commerce business; as I have shared with my followers on other platform.
I will try my level best to share the story this week. I urge followers of this thread to remain conversant with this thread. Meanwhile, if it's taking too long for the story to come, please send a reminder grin Don't blame me, I need double my hustle, now that an investor as come on board cheesy
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by Horus(m): 11:06am On Nov 24, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_ccaJ3JkA

[size=15pt]Highlights Of E-Nigeria Conference 2015[/size]
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by ideologies(m): 4:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
Give your business unbeatable exposure at no extra cost ...
Increase sales and turn over in a matter of months ...

SELL ON www.latalata.ng

Latalata.ng is owned by Latalata and Kishers Limited.
We are an online marketplace with uniqueness and value offering.
We are not just another e-commerce site.

We are the best next thing .
We have come up with a solution that integrates an online market and a business directory on the same platform.

Through this platform, we want to meet the need of Nigerians seeking convenient finding, buying and selling of goods and services in one place.

YOU TOO CAN BE PART OF IT BY SELLING THROUGH US.

Grow with us and be a part of the next big thing in Nigeria.

visit www.latalata.ng today!!!

for enquiries
Call: 01- 2933044
helpdesk@latalata.ng
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by ideologies(m): 4:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
phonesNgadgets:
@favparis, respect una sef ooo angry
you too can take advantage of our audience and promote your business

visit www.latalata.ng

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Restrains Dangote, Police From Interfering With BUA Mining Sites / Dangote Names Major Road Leading To His Refinery After Herbert Wigwe / How To Make Money Printing Recharge Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.