Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,849 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:20 PM

Gov. Wike To Spend Public Funds To Rehabilitate Church After Prayers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Wike To Spend Public Funds To Rehabilitate Church After Prayers (439 Views)

South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members / FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads / FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Wike To Spend Public Funds To Rehabilitate Church After Prayers by Yhunoos: 6:06pm On Aug 17, 2015
Gov. Wike to spend public funds to rehabilitate church for praying for his victory

The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, on Sunday, promised to rehabilitate the Lord’s Chosen Charismatic Revival Mission Church in Port Harcourt for praying for his success at the polls.

Speaking Sunday at a Service in Port Harcourt, Mr. Wike attributed his victory in the last general election to prayer, saying God has vindicated him before his political enemies.

Mr. Wike also recalled the prayer he said to God when his political opponents called him a member of a secret society.

His words: “If you recall, I did say that if I belong to a secret society, I should not win the governorship elections of Rivers State. By the special grace of God, the pastor prayed for me before the congregation, he prayed for me in private, and he has been praying with me up till now. To the Glory of God, the elections came and God Almighty triumphed.”

Mr. Wike, who further recalled how the church supported him during his turbulent periods, said he would redeem his campaign promise to carry out renovations in and around the church headquarters premises in Port Harcourt.

He said: “If you recollect, I said that if I win, I would tar the road leading to the church compound and interlock its premises”.

The governor maintained that the renovation of the church would be part of his 100 days in office programme.

The governor said that his administration is the first in history of Rivers State to achieve many road construction progresses despite the heavy rains. He attributed these achievements to the power and grace of God.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/188499-gov-wike-to-spend-public-funds-to-rehabilitate-church-for-praying-for-his-victory.html

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Gov. Wike To Spend Public Funds To Rehabilitate Church After Prayers by Yhunoos: 6:07pm On Aug 17, 2015
Imagine say na buhari do same for mosque nw

Dem for no allow us hear word
Re: Gov. Wike To Spend Public Funds To Rehabilitate Church After Prayers by Ask4bigneyo(m): 6:07pm On Aug 17, 2015
Roger that
Re: Gov. Wike To Spend Public Funds To Rehabilitate Church After Prayers by temitemi1(m): 6:08pm On Aug 17, 2015
Cheap propaganda cheesy
Re: Gov. Wike To Spend Public Funds To Rehabilitate Church After Prayers by chachanga: 6:28pm On Aug 17, 2015
are they not awarding #200m for prayers against BokoBros in the north also?

let the man service his constituency o

he will see to you dissidents last

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Allegedly Negotiating With Sa On Henry Okah's Release / Real Reason Buhari Suspended Immigration Boss / Now, The Senate Is Set To Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.