Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,850 members, 7,820,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread - Phones (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread (776970 Views)

How To Set Your Songs As Ringtone On Infinix Hot 2 X510 / Infinix Hot 2 (x510) Supports Usb Otg / How To Quickly Root Infinix Hot 2 X510 Without PC - Android One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by slimmyjimmy(m): 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2016
Toluene15:

less than 5min
thanks grin

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Toluene15: 8:22pm On Jul 15, 2016
slimmyjimmy:
thanks grin
Does that app Compartilhar work?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by lycann(m): 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2016
slimmyjimmy:
thanks grin
which Rom is that?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Toluene15: 10:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
lycann:
which Rom is that?
XUI ROM installed via Twrp recovery.

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by jakoe: 10:58pm On Jul 15, 2016
Toluene15:

Fake

1. "system update" not system software update
2. "send feedback about this device" is missing
3. Available memory should always be around- 11GB(for new device) then total-16 GB

thanks....I av returned it.....
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by jakoe: 10:59pm On Jul 15, 2016
Carlcaresophia:

Hello Jakoe, you can try to check it on following web.
gc.carlcare.com
Or you can try to take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our colleagues there will help you check it. If you need us send you contact info, please let us know the state and city you are living in now. Thank you!

thanks I have returned d phone
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by jakoe: 11:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
samflex:

Thanks for your advise bro, you saved me and made me return the phone I thought was original. Finally got the original from an infinix sub delivery store.

can I get infinix hot 2 (2GB RAM) from dis store?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by slimmyjimmy(m): 11:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
Toluene15:

Does that app Compartilhar work?
yeah very well. Firstly connect vpn then tether wifi to pc then click ativar.. The app would start running in background.. . Needs root tho
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Toluene15: 11:29pm On Jul 15, 2016
slimmyjimmy:
yeah very well. Firstly connect vpn then tether wifi to pc then click ativar.. The app would start running in background.. . Needs root tho
which data plan are you using and is that tweakware?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by roufy235(m): 10:48am On Jul 16, 2016
Toluene15:
XUI ROM installed via Twrp recovery.
I'm on infinix custom 5.1 ROM, can I flash this ROM on it
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Toluene15: 1:27pm On Jul 16, 2016
roufy235:
I'm on infinix custom 5.1 ROM, can I flash this ROM on it
You meant infinix stock ROM not A1. Screenshot.
If so yes. follow the process from previous post.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by roufy235(m): 2:32pm On Jul 16, 2016
Toluene15:

You meant infinix stock ROM not A1.
Screenshot.

If so yes.
follow the process from previous post.

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by samflex(m): 2:35pm On Jul 16, 2016
jakoe:

can I get infinix hot 2 (2GB RAM) from dis store?

Yeah I think so, the store i got my infinix from is in ikorodu.....it's a 3c hub
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by djoke1: 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2016
Toluene15:

if you want system update stay on Androidone. No system update on other ROMs
ok thanks!
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Toluene15: 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2016
[quote author=roufy235 post=47600436][/quote]

Yes you can.
firstly download the ROM, fix, & root. Also download twrp recovery & #rasher App.
-Root with kingroot
-flash twrp boot img+ scatter file via Rasher App[Device must be rooted]
-Reboot to recovery then click mount(select all)
-wipe davllik, cache[do not wipe internal & External storage]
-install the zip files
Flash successful!
reboot.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Toluene15: 6:18pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yes you can.
firstly download the ROM, fix, & root. Also download twrp recovery & #rasher App.
-Root with kingroot
-install the zip files
Flash successful!
reboot.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by calmdude(m): 6:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
I got this message from my hot 2 but even though I've tried moving my date and using Hotspot as I am right now it isn't downloading. Please help

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Rocky97(m): 11:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
calmdude:
I got this message from my hot 2 but even though I've tried moving my date and using Hotspot as I am right now it isn't downloading. Please help

Hope your phone is not rooted if so don't try to update just go and flash it manually, and to update you have to look for a good hotspot not the one on mobile phone, some thing more like a wifi modem or router
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by calmdude(m): 12:39am On Jul 17, 2016
Rocky97:

Hope your phone is not rooted if so don't try to update just go and flash it manually, and to update you have to look for a good hotspot not the one on mobile phone, some thing more like a wifi modem or router
thanks
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Collinz2(m): 7:15am On Jul 17, 2016
negga4al:

Yes, I am. Unfortunately, the systemless root somehow manages to modify the boot partition of the ROM.

This is what I discovered, when I attempted to update, my system restarted but just went straight to recovery (TWRP) and stared back at me, instead of the usual Android logo with open belly...

I heard flashfire works but in beta mode. So, to be safe I did the option below.

However, you can do a readback of your present ROM without root and save it somewhere. So as soon as you receive the update, you do the readback and update your device and then on go about rooting.

OR

Make a backup of your boot partition, as this is the only part that rooting modifies, and restore it when OTA updates become available.

Now, you need SP Flash tool to this. You can download the latest SP Flash Tool and then follow this instructions religiously (the YouTube video particularly will help) http://forum.xda-developers.com/hot-2/development/guide-how-to-sp-flash-tool-to-unroot-t3311669

Have a problem? Quote me.
hey good day bro. i tried to installed the recovery but an issue occur.

I install mtk vcom drivers and download SP flash tool.

this tool always give me headache, the first time i tried to use it, it complain of invalid scatter file name which i downloaded from different sources but still the same so i delete the tool and the drivers.

OK yesterday it accepted the scatter file, and i load the download agent from the SP flash tool folder and i click download, plugged the phone in with battery removed and at the bottom i saw a red 100% progress bar and the tool show a popup message saying "PTM changed for ROM. Must be downloaded" and if i click OK it will just stop, the progress bar disappear.

please what is the cause. I've used other rooted phones and tools and i had no problem but i don't know why SP flash tool is like this.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Collinz2(m): 7:17am On Jul 17, 2016
Like seriously i don't understand this phone. Am already on Marshmallow but yet.....

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Collinz2(m): 7:19am On Jul 17, 2016

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Rocky97(m): 9:57am On Jul 17, 2016
Collinz2:
Like seriously i don't understand this phone. Am already on Marshmallow but yet.....
Dude, d latest update on marshmallow is June 1, so u gat to update it.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 11:07am On Jul 17, 2016
Collinz2:
hey good day bro. i tried to installed the recovery but an issue occur.

I install mtk vcom drivers and download SP flash tool.

this tool always give me headache, the first time i tried to use it, it complain of invalid scatter file name which i downloaded from different sources but still the same so i delete the tool and the drivers.

OK yesterday it accepted the scatter file, and i load the download agent from the SP flash tool folder and i click download, plugged the phone in with battery removed and at the bottom i saw a red 100% progress bar and the tool show a popup message saying "PTM changed for ROM. Must be downloaded" and if i click OK it will just stop, the progress bar disappear.

please what is the cause. I've used other rooted phones and tools and i had no problem but i don't know why SP flash tool is like this.

What exactly are u trying to do? Root? If so, then use Infinix tool, somehow, SP Flash tool sometimes go AWOL if you don't know how to use it or use the right files.

Also, u needn't remove your battery just switch your phone off after you hit the download button, then plug in your phone till it shows the OK pop up. Infinix tool is quite straightforward.

Please, let me know if you intend to root or something else.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 11:16am On Jul 17, 2016
Collinz2:

How did you get on to Marshmallow, through OTA update or did you flash it from recovery.

You are way back in the security patch. January is the initial one, and later February but there were bugs that need fixing and all. So you'll need to update this one. Which will bring you to March, and then a couple of small OTA updates will give you the June security.

Before you root. Please ensure your phone is up to date with the June Security Patch, and then back up before rooting.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 11:27am On Jul 17, 2016
@Collinz2 I only told you to use SP Flash tool if you need to do a readback with a specific link that explains the process. For rooting, I gave u a link that listed the steps to be taken with downloadable files and you use Infinix flash tool. Please, ensure you follow these instructions.

And before you do a readback, make sure your phone is up to date.

Here is the most up to date pics

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Collinz2(m): 12:00pm On Jul 17, 2016
Rocky97:

Dude, d latest update on marshmallow is June 1, so u gat to update it.
thats the problem. Am suppose to receive mm tiny updates not that large upgrade. Am gonna do it anyway.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Collinz2(m): 12:05pm On Jul 17, 2016
negga4al:

What exactly are u trying to do? Root? If so, then use Infinix tool, somehow, SP Flash tool sometimes go AWOL if you don't know how to use it or use the right files.

Also, u needn't remove your battery just switch your phone off after you hit the download button, then plug in your phone till it shows the OK pop up. Infinix tool is quite straightforward.

Please, let me know if you intend to root or something else.

so infinix has their own tool. I want to flash recovery enabler and recovery b4 i install systemless root.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Collinz2(m): 12:11pm On Jul 17, 2016
@negga4al u were not clear enough, i thought infinix tool and sp flash tool are the same. Ok i should use infinix tool for flashing anything and sp flash tool for readback.

i install marshmallow via recovery i guess thats why it want me to update again.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2016
Collinz2:
@negga4al u were not clear enough, i thought infinix tool and sp flash tool are the same. Ok i should use infinix tool for flashing anything and sp flash tool for readback.

i install marshmallow via recovery i guess thats why it want me to update again.

Well, if you have followed the instructions in the link religiously and what I said...there wouldn't have been wahala for you.

Ok, the one you flashed via recovery is January, so you have to update with OTA till you get to June...don't worry, it would be pushed automatically to your phone.

On, the flash tools; Infinix flash tool is a simplified version of SP Flash tool, for laymen. SP Flash tool and MTK Droid tool are for advanced users, you must know exactly what you are doing or else you will brick your device.

Note: Do not root before you update your phone otherwise you will encounter error. If you do not understand, please read all I have written previously...I explained clear enough for layman.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Kingsean(m): 1:58pm On Jul 17, 2016
Toluene15:

Yes you can.
-Root with kingroot
-install the zip files
Flash successful!
reboot.

pls i heard you talk about ppssp game which is PES 2013. pls av searched for the file everywhere but can't find it. i already have the PSP emulator but i need the ISO file.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Toluene15: 2:31pm On Jul 17, 2016
Kingsean:

pls i heard you talk about ppssp game which is PES 2013. pls av searched for the file everywhere but can't find it. i already have the PSP emulator but i need the ISO file.

Go to http://crazy4android..com/ you'll find all kinds of ppsspp games there both ISO & CSO files

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (270) (Reply)

Android, Anyone? Part II / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.