Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,355 members, 7,819,259 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years (5089 Views)

After 15yrs, I'm Still Haunted, Help!!!! / I Snubbed Him 12 Years Ago In School, Today We Have 3 Kids / MIRACLE! After 12 Years Of Barrenness, Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by ConfessionsNgr: 7:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
The story I’m about to tell is a true story. This might be long but I appreciate all that would take the time to read through. The incident I am about to tell you all happened 12 years ago, all this while and even till date I have never spoken a word about this to any soul. It is my dark secret, that has been eating me up every day for 12 years and I have never had the courage to tell anybody, until I discovered this site, so I thought to get it off my chest here because it is too heavy for me. Please judge me, I have been a bad person. It was never my intention, but I have killed 2 people. It all happened back in 2003 when I was an undergraduate in the university. I am not going to mention names of places or anything that can be traced back to me by family and friends, or otherwise. I was in 300L then and still a small boy that knew little about the real world, then it was all parties, drinks and girls. On that fateful day, I and my friends were in a neighboring town to our school, about 1 hour 45 minutes drive to our school, and we were drinking heavily, we had drank heavily the night before also, it was kind of a routine then. I now got a call from my parents that my younger one was on his way to my school to deliver to me a laptop I had requested from them and that he was close already, not wanting to miss this (I couldn’t anyway as my parents wouldn’t expect me to be anywhere else) I asked my friend to give me his car so I could rush down, pick the laptop and be back as soon as possible. He asked me if I could drive as I was tipsy, I bragged that even if I had 10 more bottles I could still drive perfectly so he gave me the keys. I rushed to school and picked up the laptop successfully. When coming back, I started to fall asleep on the wheel. I tried my best to keep awake but it was futile as you wouldn’t know when you doze off, only to realize I had dozed off after waking, all this in high speed. I finally woke up to the loud horn of a large trailer I was almost having a head-on collision with, I immediately swerved and held brakes but the car was uncontrollable then I ended up knocking down two people by the road side before the car stopped. I rushed out of the car to see that it was an old woman and a young boy both carrying firewood. The car had climbed and completely crushed the boy and he was instantly lifeless. The woman was badly disfigured but still managed a few shakes on the ground. This is a somewhat lonely highway with no houses around. I looked around and no one was close just some more people carrying firewood but still far off. As they made to run towards me, dumbfounded and scared for my life I got in the car and sped off back to the town where we were drinking and returned the car back to the owner. The way that woman was injured and her age too I doubt she survived and the boy was already dead on impact. I didn’t know what I could have done and so I kept it a secret and never spoke of this to anybody but it haunts me every day to this day. I have always wished I had that head-on collision instead. I see pictures of that day every time I close my eyes and wonder how different it would have been had I not lived a reckless life. God help me

Posted anonymously on www.confessionsnigeria.com
http://confessionsnigeria.com/post/231/my-secret-that-has-haunted-me-for-12-years
Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by marshalcarter: 7:55pm On Aug 17, 2015
Those who live by the sword shall DIE by the sword...nd you shall reap what you sow angry

I aint gat mercies for wicked creatures undecided

1 Like

Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by Otutu1(m): 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
Wow!

Wicked world
Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by winetapper: 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2015
cry
Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by Sandydayz(f): 8:08pm On Aug 17, 2015
Odikwa very serious... undecided
Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by Ezerbullet(m): 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2015
God loves a repentant sinner

2 Likes

Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by nedu2000(m): 8:27pm On Aug 17, 2015
don't destroy your life by confessing to the police or someone else,you just need to beg God for forgiveness afterall it wasn't pre-meditated murder....the best you can do now is to live a life of responsibility and goodness. The Lord will bless you.
You are only bothered because you have a good heart

14 Likes

Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by adewaletb3(m): 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2015
So na you kill shukura mama and grandchild. Chai I dey come your side like straight away angry

1 Like

Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by Lilyomi(f): 8:43pm On Aug 17, 2015
Poor them.
Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by DollyParton1(f): 10:30pm On Aug 17, 2015
Now this just ruined my night.
I think anyone caught with DUI should be hanged.
They are the major cause of most accidents.

1 Like

Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by DollyParton1(f): 10:31pm On Aug 17, 2015
adewaletb3:
So na you kill shukura mama and grandchild. Chai I dey come your side like straight away angry

How u can get a comic relief from this is beyond me.
Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by pacino26(m): 11:04pm On Aug 17, 2015
Appears it's a shared story from a blog abi site sef. The poster isn't here to take any of the advice so I'll just put him in prayers that he find his path to true forgiveness in Christ Jesus.

RIP to the dead souls 12yrs ago.

1 Like

Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by adewaletb3(m): 11:38pm On Aug 17, 2015
DollyParton1:

How u can get a comic relief from this is beyond me.
You know life is too short to feel sober over an untrue story immediately I read the story I smelt lies and by the way your pics seems like you are shy of your legs.

1 Like

Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by DollyParton1(f): 12:37am On Aug 18, 2015
adewaletb3:

You know life is too short to feel sober over an untrue story immediately I read the story I smelt lies and by the way your pics seems like you are shy of your legs.
oh yea. I have yam legs. Very big and ripe. Ready to eat like the yams after the new yam festival.
Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by cococandy(f): 12:52am On Aug 18, 2015
You probably can't trace the family anyway to know who they really were.
All the blame lies on your drunken driving but looking at what happened from when you had the collision, your immediate reaction was probably the most human thing you could have done as staying there might have earned you instant death from a lynching mob. So I don't really blame you for running away.
I blame you for not reporting to the police immediately though. You could have gone to jail (fair enough) and/or be made to compensate the family (which you probably couldn't afford as at that time).

Now you can try to atone for your sins through charity. Do things that cost you much and make you sacrifice. Maybe that will help. Although it won't take away all the guilt but that guilt is also part of your atonement and one you have to keep making until you die. Talking a life isn't a joke.

There's no easy way out of this for you.

4 Likes

Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by mrcasanova1(m): 8:59am On Aug 18, 2015
nedu2000:
don't destroy your life by confessing to the police or someone else,you just need to beg God for forgiveness afterall it wasn't pre-meditated murder....the best you can do now is to live a life of responsibility and goodness. The Lord will bless you.
Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by Chidoks(f): 11:07am On Aug 18, 2015
nedu2000:

It wasn't premeditated?? he was drunk, he knew it, he knew the consequencies of drinking and driving, that was obviously not the first time he drove in that state.he was literate so he must have heard or read of road saftey YET he indulged and terminated a life that had not really started.if terminating a life is such a good thing why didn't he wait to face the approaching persons why did he flee.he didn't want to take responsibility for his actions right?
I know people make mistake YET i know that there is a big difference between irresponsibility and honest mistake..if he was in the secondary school , you may make excuses for him but an under graduate in 300 level.no sire, that's an adult!
did you think of the parents of that little child, do you know the pains in burying your child instead of the child burying you or don't you know that burying a child is synonymous with burying your future?c'mmon how could you say such?? if he drove on a good day and hit a person i may understand but driving while drunk?? even when his friends warned him ?? please please.what happened to conscience??
Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by Chidoks(f): 11:22am On Aug 18, 2015
it's unfortunate that the person that committed this crime may not read our opinion but he should trace the place where the accident took place.he should ask of the families of the affected persons( people seldom forget such occouraces)that is where your atonement should start from.
You may not tell them what you did but you should find a way of making inpact in that family so that they will bless you with the same mouth with which they cursed you or do you think they didn't curse you? oh yes they heaped a trailer load on your future!
pay for someone's education, adopt some one, do somethong to redeem your self.asking God for forgiveness is a start but it's not enough..cocacandy suggested charity ; that's good but let them benefit mostly if you can trace them.( you lived in that town for like4 yrars)

2 Likes

Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by nedu2000(m): 1:38pm On Aug 18, 2015
Chidoks:

It wasn't premeditated?? he was drunk, he knew it, he knew the consequencies of drinking and driving, that was obviously not the first time he drove in that state.he was literate so he must have heard or read of road saftey YET he indulged and terminated a life that had not really started.if terminating a life is such a good thing why didn't he wait to face the approaching persons why did he flee.he didn't want to take responsibility for his actions right?
I know people make mistake YET i know that there is a big difference between irresponsibility and honest mistake..if he was in the secondary school , you may make excuses for him but an under graduate in 300 level.no sire, that's an adult!
did you think of the parents of that little child, do you know the pains in burying your child instead of the child burying you or don't you know that burying a child is synonymous with burying your future?c'mmon how could you say such?? if he drove on a good day and hit a person i may understand but driving while drunk?? even when his friends warned him ?? please please.what happened to conscience??
his intention wasn't to kill anyone,if this was 2003 all over again,i would've told him something different,its 12 yrs!!!old wounds shouldn't be reopened.His confession will be of no help to anyone
Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 18, 2015
Chidoks:
it's unfortunate that the person that committed this crime may not read our opinion but he should trace the place where the accident took place.he should ask of the families of the affected persons( people seldom forget such occouraces)that is where your atonement should start from.
You may not tell them what you did but you should find a way of making inpact in that family so that they will bless you with the same mouth with which they cursed you or do you think they didn't curse you? oh yes they heaped a trailer load on your future!
pay for someone's education, adopt some one, do somethong to redeem your self.asking God for forgiveness is a start but it's not enough..cocacandy suggested charity ; that's good but let them benefit mostly if you can trace them.( you lived in that town for like4 yrars)

I agree with you 1000%.
I've nothing but bile for the writer of this ineffectual sob story. Even as he tells it now, he makes it all about himself and makes no move towards claiming any real responsibility, but instead vies for public sympathy. Screw him. His cries mean nothing. My sympathy and condolences to the family that had to find their loved ones...dead and abandoned on the side of some empty road somewhere, their disfigured bodies clutching firewood with not a soul to answer to them.

DUI drivers are an effing plague, more so the hit-and-run variety.
Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by Chidoks(f): 5:44pm On Aug 18, 2015
nedu2000:
his intention wasn't to kill anyone,if this was 2003 all over again,i would've told him something different,its 12 yrs!!!old wounds shouldn't be reopened.His confession will be of no help to anyone

His intention was not to kill anyone right?? why did he turn deaf ears when his friends asked him not to embark on that journey.do you know the pain, anguish his actions caused the innocent family that did nothing wrong to him? can't you think of the pain that the mother of that child must have gone through beholding her future hope in such a lifeless state, crushed to death beyoun recognitiona.a 300 level undergraduate is not a kid..if he must not tell the police nor the family, he should at least try and trace the family and make an inpact in their life before nemesis catches up with him.driving while drunk is one of the most irresponsible act, and this guy was forewarned...
Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by oluwanoni: 6:19pm On Aug 18, 2015
Wow...I am sure God would forgive ther write but like all sins and as humans one would never forget.
Redepemtion is can never easy, I dont even want imagine how you feel.
In my opinion the only thing that can give you peace of mind is to tell the truth in a wise manner and approach.
Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by kodyx(f): 6:51pm On Aug 18, 2015
First and foremost, you committed a crime by driving under the influence of alcohol and that in itself is an offence, secondly you committed what can best be described as manslaughter not murder,because it was not premeditated, so under law you are guilty for the death of those two,well you can make atonement by confessing to your pastor and also by making personal sacrifices, I would want you to take up visiting motherless babies home and presenting them gifts,if not every month,then every other month as part of your sacrifice.
Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by adewaletb3(m): 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2015
DollyParton1:

oh yea. I have yam legs. Very big and ripe. Ready to eat like the yams after the new yam festival.
Are you seriously serious or you are seriously kidding. Just tell me you are kidding
Re: Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years by Ojoibadan: 11:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
If your story is true, you need God's forgiveness. You can get this by confessing this to God, ask for His forgiveness and then go and tell the police force in the area it happened in , as a sign of repentance. The law may not find anything really to hold you guilty anymore, but if it does, you would only be paying for this recklessness with a prison sentence but you will have peace. You will not have peace all your life unless you do this, which is worse than a physical prison and at the end of your life you will still have the judgement of God which is eternal damnation in hell. Save yourself from this.

(1) (Reply)

I.Q TEST: Let's See How Sound You Are In Quantitative Reasoning / OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives / Femi Gbajabiamila’s Daughter Caught In Her Usual Slotful Lifestyle [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.