Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

The Darkest Shade Of Blue - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Darkest Shade Of Blue (5312 Views)

The Darkest Night / Dark Shade Of Pink / In My Darkest Hour, A Story That Depict What Will Hapen In The Darkest Hour.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Missmossy(f): 8:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
MZespoir where art thou??
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by MzEspoir(f): 11:54pm On Nov 21, 2015
Update tomorrow. I solemnly promise. I was writing now, but the stupid thing closed when I minimized to check the dictionary for something cry lipsrsealed sad angry
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by MzEspoir(f): 5:44pm On Nov 22, 2015
Update as promised cool
For a whole week Sarah waited for Chris to call but he didn't. She shrugged it off and focused on more important things. Few days later she was on her way back from a class when her sixth sense alerted her. She felt him before she smelt him, smelt him before she saw him. He stood before her, blocking her path, a scowl in his handsome face.
'Why have you been avoiding me?'
. 'Hello Tunde. Pleasant day, isn't it?'.
. 'The hell it is. Answer my question.'
. 'I haven't been avoiding you. I've just been busy. Very busy.'
He gave her a suspicious look, then sighed and said, 'I guess it's okay then. So you wanna hang out?'
. 'Like right now?'
. 'Yes. Or you've got something more important to do?'
She shook her head and soon they were seated under one of the numerous trees in the school. They were having a nice time together when Sarah spotted Jennifer. She prayed that her twin hadn't seen her. Her prayers obviously weren't answered because Jennifer headed straight towards them.
Jennifer gave Tunde a sugary smile and turned to face Sarah.
. 'I've got an assignment due tomorrow and i haven't done it.'
. 'So how do I come in?'
. 'I need you to do it for me.' she dumped some books in Sarah's arms.
Sarah sighed and said, 'How soon do you need it?'
Jennifer tapped her foot impatiently and said'Yesterday' before storming off.

Tunde looked at Sarah in wonder. 'But,you're not studying the same course as she is.'
. 'I know.'
. 'So how are you going to do it.'
. 'I have these books. And Google.'
Tunde shook his head. 'You should stand up to her. She's only using you, playing you for a fool.'
. 'I know. But she's my sister. It's always been like that, she dumping stuff on me. I've long stopped resenting her for it.'
Tunde frowned, but decided to let the topic be. He asked, 'So when are you going home for the holidays?'
. 'I'm not.'
. 'Huh?'
. 'Yup.'
. 'Why?'
. 'There's nothing for me at home. Nobody waiting earnestly to see me.'
. 'Your folks are filthy rich. You live a life of luxury, you have more than you want, you're smart. Why wouldn't you want to perfect your already almost perfect life by going home to be with your family? You know, watch your parents brag about your brains.'
Sarah smiled and said, 'Sometimes, what we see isn't real at all. Some things are only visible through faith.'
Tunde was confused. 'What does that mean?'
She shook her head and said, 'Nothing. It's just a quote from a movie I watched.'
. 'What movie?'
. 'Boys before flowers. You probably don't know it. It's a Korean movie.'
He rolled his eyes and she laughed as she stood up. Gesturing to the books in her arms, she said, 'I have to leave now. I need to get an early start on this.', and she left before he could say a word.
As he stared at her back, he realized all too late that she didn't reply his question. He was confused. She was beautiful, no doubt, and smart. An overpowering combination. Unlike her airhead twin, who had more makeup on than sense. But oddly enough, Sarah lacked self confidence, and it grew worse when her sister was around her. She was also tight-lipped, and kept everything to herself. She didn't let people in, she had a wall built around her to keep people out, and he intended to find out why. He shook his head. Of all the people in the world for his heart to choose, it had to choose a girl who probably wouldn't reciprocate. He sighed and headed to his hostel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Afz9095(m): 10:07pm On Nov 22, 2015
U na weldone. More pls
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by MzEspoir(f): 7:36pm On Feb 28, 2016
Been a very long time since i last updated. Im so sorry. Was caught up in admission stuff and at the end, i didnt get the admission. Then, i started working(ugh!), then my phone got stolensad. But thats all by the way. I promise to update daily, and if i dont, remember i dont have access to internet, so bear with me.
Cc Twaci Kingtom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by MzEspoir(f): 8:03pm On Feb 28, 2016
Sarah groaned as the continuous buzzing of her phone interrupted her sleep. She glanced at her bedside clock. Who in the world could be calling her by 2 a.m? Didnt the person have any sort of respect for sleep? She picked the call.
'Who are you?'
'Guess.'
'You're calling by 2a.m, and you're playing a game of guess? Seriously?'
'Aww, take a chill pill. Its Christian.'
She felt like the wind had been kicked out of her. 'Oh' was all she could manage to say.
'Surprised?'
'Definitely.'
'Why?'
'For starters, its past two a.m, you haven't called me in weeks....'
'Hmmm, you sound like you've been waiting for me to call'
'What? No. I havent.'
'So you didnt want me to call?'
'No, not that.'
'So you have been waiting for me to call?' There was laughter in his voice.
'I.....'
'Calm down. I was just teasing. How are you?'
And so the conversation went on. Before she knew it, it was almost 4 a.m
'Chris, I gotta go. It's almost four. In like, two hours, the call for Islamic prayer will sound.'
'You're a muslim?'
'No. It's a sort of alarm for me. I dont get up until I hear it.'
'Funny you. Stay a little while, hmm?'
So they talked on and on. The next thing Sarah knew, she heard the call to prayer from the mosque opposite her apartment. She groaned. 'Its almost six'
'Sorry I kept you awake. But are you really sure you cant talk a little longer?'
'No. My day starts in like, two hours, and incase you havent noticed, the sun doesmt have a snooze button. I gotta go. Bye. Take care of yourself and have a nice day.'
'Bye. Have a splendid day.'
she hung up. It was thirteen mintues before six. 'Maybe I can squeeze in an hours sleep', she mused
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by KingTom(m): 6:50am On Feb 29, 2016
MzEspoir:
Been a very long time since i last updated. Im so sorry. Was caught up in admission stuff and at the end, i didnt get the admission. Then, i started working(ugh!), then my phone got stolensad. But thats all by the way. I promise to update daily, and if i dont, remember i dont have access to internet, so bear with me.
Cc Twaci Kingtom
ride on cool
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by MzEspoir(f): 8:45am On Mar 01, 2016
Angelina996
Sarah slid into a seat at the front of the class just as the lecturer walked in. Her friend, Aisha whispered 'What's wrong? Youre never late for class.'
'I had a late night. Or early morning. Whatever.'
'Why?'
'Was on a call from two 'til almost six.'
'Call ke? For four hours? With who?'
'Someone.'
'Ooooooh. Its a guy right?'
'Concentrate on the class.'
'C'mon. Spill!'
'Focus!'
Sarah was leaving for her apartment when she spotted Tunde with a group of girls. An unexpected wave of jealousy coursed through her. What did she care anyway? But it was to be expected. A hot guy like him was bound to have girls flocking all around him. Hot girls, not plain janes like her. She sighed and walked past without acknowlwdging them. She felt a tap on her back, and turned, expecting to see Tunde. But she was disappointed. It was Chris.
'Hi Sarah. You dont exactly look pleased to see me.'
'Oh, I am. I just wasnt expecting you.'
'Who were you expecting?'
she paused before replying 'No one important.'
'Ok. So where you headed to'
'Home.'
'Home, like home?'
'Home. My apartment.'
'Oh. You stay off campus?'
'Yeah. Wanna walk me?'
'Lead the way.'
'You dont have to. I was kidding'
'I want to.'
'Its far.'
before he could reply, they heard a voice calling out her name. It was Tunde. He caught up with them. Chris' eyes narrowed as Tunde hugged Sarah,
'Hi Sarah. Hi person with Sarah that i do not know.'
'Hello Tunde. Uhh, this is Chris. My friend.'
Chris pulled her closer. 'Her boyfriend', he emphasized

1 Like

Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by MzEspoir(f): 8:48am On Mar 01, 2016
Please ignore/correct all grammatical blunders. Teaching 2 year olds ABC and 123 doesnt do much for the brain:p another update later today
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Missmossy(f): 2:18pm On Mar 01, 2016
Interesting,keep it coming.

1 Like

Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Angelina996(f): 3:11pm On Mar 04, 2016
MzEspoir:
Angelina996
Sarah slid into a seat at the front of the class just as the lecturer walked in. Her friend, Aisha whispered 'What's wrong? Youre never late for class.'
'I had a late night. Or early morning. Whatever.'
'Why?'
'Was on a call from two 'til almost six.'
'Call ke? For four hours? With who?'
'Someone.'
'Ooooooh. Its a guy right?'
'Concentrate on the class.'
'C'mon. Spill!'
'Focus!'
Sarah was leaving for her apartment when she spotted Tunde with a group of girls. An unexpected wave of jealousy coursed through her. What did she care anyway? But it was to be expected. A hot guy like him was bound to have girls flocking all around him. Hot girls, not plain janes like her. She sighed and walked past without acknowlwdging them. She felt a tap on her back, and turned, expecting to see Tunde. But she was disappointed. It was Chris.
'Hi Sarah. You dont exactly look pleased to see me.'
'Oh, I am. I just wasnt expecting you.'
'Who were you expecting?'
she paused before replying 'No one important.'
'Ok. So where you headed to'
'Home.'
'Home, like home?'
'Home. My apartment.'
'Oh. You stay off campus?'
'Yeah. Wanna walk me?'
'Lead the way.'
'You dont have to. I was kidding'
'I want to.'
'Its far.'
before he could reply, they heard a voice calling out her name. It was Tunde. He caught up with them. Chris' eyes narrowed as Tunde hugged Sarah,
'Hi Sarah. Hi person with Sarah that i do not know.'
'Hello Tunde. Uhh, this is Chris. My friend.'
Chris pulled her closer. 'Her boyfriend', he emphasized
Wow! I don miss. Here I am sweetie
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Angelina996(f): 3:30pm On Mar 04, 2016
Give us another update nah, biko.
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by MzEspoir(f): 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2016
Sorry for the lack of updates. Had to study for jamb....but thank God sha. I no fail. Update.
Sarah was quiet all through the journey to her apartment. The events of the last couple of minutes ran through her mind. She felt giddy with a strange kind of joy. Chris had called her his girlfriend. Handome, cute, yummy Chris. If only it had been Tunde. She still didnt understand her feelings for Tunde. She didnt understand the heat that coursed through her whenever she saw him, neither did she understand the smile that came to her lips every time she thought of him. She was knocked out of her thoughts when Chris touched her.
'Are you okay?' He asked, concern written all over his face.
'I'm fine...', she hesitated briefly before going on '...Why did you tell Tunde that I'm your....you know'. She was too embarrased to say 'girlfriend'
'I didnt like the way he was looking at you. And besides, i like you. A lot'
She didnt know how to reply, so she didnt. Chris stepped closer and cupped her face in his palms.
'The first time i saw you, i felt something strong. Something i hadnt ever felt before. Something inexplicable.'
She leaned closer into him. He continued, 'I'm not going to lie and say you're the first girl in my life, but you're the first that makes me feel this way.....'
his voice trailed off and before Sarah could do more than gasp, his mouth came crashing down on hers. He kissed her with a force that shocked her. She squirmed and pushed at his chest.
'Chris, we're in public! Stop!'
He said, 'I'm sorry. I've wanted to do that since the first time i saw you. But i should have controlled myself. Im sorry.'
'I think its best if i just go home alone.'
'Are you sure? I....'
'Yes. I'll see you some other time. Bye'
She left before he could say a word. He sighed and brought out his phone. He suddenly had an idea. He would text her.

Sarah had just gotten home when she heard a knock. She opened it and saw Ai.
'Guess what?!' Ai screeched, breezing past her friend into the apartment.
'What?'
'Ebuka and i are now officially an item.'
'He asked you to go steady?'
'Yes!'
at that moment, her phone buzzed. It was a text from Chris
*I'm so sorry for what happened. I couldnt control myself anymore. Please be mine?**
She felt light-headed. She dropped the phone on the bed. Ai was prattling on, oblivious to her friend's emotions. Her phone rang. She picked it, expecting it to be Chris, but it was Tunde.
'Hi.' She said
'You never told me you had a boyfriend.'
'I....'
'You kept it a secret from me. I thought we were friends.'
'We aren't dating'
'Yet you didnt deny it when he called you his girlfriend', he snarled
'he said he was my boyfriend.'
'same thing'
Something snapped inside her. 'Hey, listen to me. Whats business of yours is who i date? Its nothing to you. So before you condemn me, or whatever, take a look at yourself. What with those brainless bimbos flocking about you. If you had an iota of sense, this wouldnt be happening. So take a look at yourself before judging.'
He sounded bewildered. 'Me? What did i do?'
She suddenly felt tired. 'Im sorry for yelling. I gotta go now.'
she terminated the call. Ai looked at her like she had suddenly grown another head.
'did i just hear you yell? Sarah? Ha!'
her phone rang a third time. She was tempted not to pick. But she did, and when she saw Jennifer's name her mood plunged deeper.
'Sarah? Are you home?'
'Yes. Why?'
'I need to pick up the assignment i asked you to do. I trust you've done it?'
'No.'
'What? I told you how important it is! I'll be over by evening to pick it up.'
'Im not doing it. If its important, then do it yourself. And if you come over, l'll have you thrown out'
she ended the call. She didnt believe she stood up to Jennifer. Anger really makes one bold. Ai was looking at her with an incredulous look on her face. Sarah sighed and pulled off her shoes. She laid on the bed and went to sleep, leaving Ai staring.
Cc Divepen1

1 Like

Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by DandyPearl(f): 11:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
MzEspoir...We are long overdue for an update. Plz don't forget us here....
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by eyezik3(m): 12:02am On Apr 19, 2016
Nice story you got here dear
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by MzEspoir(f): 11:49pm On May 02, 2016
Sarah closed her eyes and rested her head on the window pane, almost oblivious to the rain pouring outside. Almost. In truth, the rain made her feel better, like the skies were pouring out the emotions she couldn't bring herself to start to imagine. She pursed her lips. Chris had manned up and asked her out outrightly, though she hasn't given him an answer. She'd told him to give her time, using exams as an excuse. Soon, the exams would be over and there would be no excuse. What then would she say? Then there was Tunde, and the feelings she had for him which she couldn't understand.....and refused to go away. Over and over, she told herself that it wasn't love. She didn't love him. If only she could believe that. A knock on her door interrupted her thoughts.
'Come in, the door's open.'
She bit back a groan when Jennifer entered.
'Hi Sarah'
When her sister didn't reply, she pressed on. 'I'm sorry about what happened the other day. I really am. I know you've done a lot for me, and I'm really grateful. But just this one time, I promise.'
'How many times have I heard those same words? Just one more time? I am tired of you walking over me, taking me for granted. You've been doing this all our lives, dumping your responsibilities on me, and...'
'I know Sarah. But its because you're so capable. please. I need you to help me out. I'm your sister. Please Sarah.'
'Fine. But in return, you'll do something for me.'
'Anything. Thank you so much.'
The next time Sarah saw Ai, her friend literally stopped in her tracks and almost doubled over.
'Sarah?'
'In the flesh'
'Oh my God, you look different.'
'Good different or bad different?'
'Amazing different. You're wearing makeup! And wearing something that isn't a sack!'
Sarah smiled as her friend continued
'Why the change? And who did your makeup? Because I know for a fact that you're hopeless. And you have no makeup. So who's behind this?'
'Jennifer.' Sarah said simply as Ai frowned.
'OK. Quick recap. Isn't Jennifer your evil twin sister?'
Sarah gave a short laugh as they turned a corner. 'She's not evil.'
At that moment, her phone went off and she opened her bag to answer it, she heard Ai mutter 'Talk of the devil', and looked up to see Jennifer locked in a deep kiss with someone. Rolling her eyes, she was just going to pass by, when she saw who she was kissing. Her heart froze as she recognized the face that was imprinted in her heart. Tunde.
Sarah felt stupid. She had gone great lengths to impress Tunde, only for him to kiss her sister. Tears blurred her vision as she hurried away, praying he had not seen her. She had no such luck.
'Sarah! Wait up. Please!'
She didn't want to wait, didn't want to talk to him, didn't want him to see how upset she was. But her feet had other ideas. They simply refused to move. Ai stood there, unsure of what to do. When Tunde caught up with them, she looked at Sarah, silently asking her whether or not she should leave. At Sarah's nod, she gave a little smile, hugged her and promised to call her later.
As Sarah pivoted to face Tunde, she willed her face impassive. At the sight of him, the tears threatened to come back again.
'Hello Tunde. How are you?'
Her voice came out stronger than she felt, and for that she was grateful.
'Sarah, what you saw, it's not what it looked like. I can explain.'
'What did I see?'
'C'mon Sarah, don't be this way. Let me explain'
What she wanted to say is 'Why couldn't it have been me Tunde?'
But what she said was 'There's no need to. Your life is your business, as is whoever you decide to kiss.'
He sighed then said, 'I didn't kiss her Sarah. I promise, I didn't.'
'Really, because it seemed like you two were really exchanging spit big time'
He ran his tongue over his lips, and Sarah found herself wishing that he would run it over hers. Over her skin... and far more sensitive places she could believe she was thinking about. She dragged her attention back to the conversation, only to see Tunde looking at her with concern written on his face. 'Are you OK?'
She wanted to say 'No, I'm not. I love you and took the time to dress specially so you would maybe notice me, but instead you ended up kissing my sister. Whose help, might I add, I enlisted to help me look especially good and...' The fact hit her smack in the face. She should be shocked, but she wasn't.
What she said was, 'I'm fine. I really have to go now. I have to study.'
Before he could reply, her phone went off. It was a text from Ai.
You better get here ASAP.
She said 'I have to go. I'm meeting Ai at the library.'
'OK. I'll walk you.'
She didn't bother to argue.
As they neared the library, they saw a little crowd gathering. With a ball of dread sitting cold in her stomach, she pushed her way to the front. Chris was on a table in the middle. How on earth had he managed to get a table, she wondered. He started speaking.
Love is a wonderful thing. The greatest of all virtues. Now, I know you all know my reputation as a playboy, but cupid had hit me smack in the middle of my heart. I am here to profess to someone. a very special someone. Someone who makes my heart beat faster every time I think about her. She is the very air I breathe, an answer to a prayer I wasn't even aware I made.
Sarah could feel her own heart begin to beat faster, but it wasn't out of love. It was from dread. Please, she prayed silently. Please...
But it seemed like God had stopped answering her prayers because Chris stepped down from his makeshift stage and came up to her, kissed her on the cheek, and right there before everyone said, 'Sarah, will you be mine?'
At that very moment, somehow, her eyes locked with Tunde's for a moment. She willed him to do the same, to profess how much he loved her, but of course he just shrugged and looked away. She rolled her eyes. Of course he wouldn't. He loved her sister, not her.
She smiled up at Chris and said, 'Yes. I will'
Fleetingly, she thought she saw hurt and disappointment on Tunde's face, but it was so brief, she wasn't sure. She began to wonder...was it possible? Could he....? No, she couldn't think about that now. She had a boyfriend now. One who loved her. She looked up at the said boyfriend again. Even though she wasn't too sure she loved him back
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Ridwan0100(m): 1:08am On May 03, 2016
Following ma
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Chigold121(f): 12:19pm On May 03, 2016
welcome back ma, you have a wonderful piece here pls dont abandon it again. Tanx 4 d update, it worth the wait
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by MzEspoir(f): 10:10pm On May 03, 2016
Tunde's POV
He paced around the room, quelling the urge to punch something, anything. Oh, he knew well enough what he wanted to punch. Chris' face. He couldn't get the mocking look the bastard gave him out of his head. And he still couldn't believe Sarah had said yes. Their eyes had connected ever so briefly before she answered, and in that moment, for the first time in his life, he had wished to be telepathic. He wanted to pour out his heart like Chris had done, but the timing was wrong. She had just seen him kiss her sister. Or so she believed. She would have laughed at his profession of love. And to say the truth, he wasn't sure he could do that, not before everyone.
He sat down on his bed and put his head in his hands. He had planned to court her, to make her fall in love with him. He gave a short bitter laugh. Life never turned out the way you wanted it to. it wouldn't be life if it did. He was so sure that things could definitely not get any worse. But, just when he thought that, life LOLed and showed him how. At that moment, his phone began to ring. He closed his eyes and took several deep breaths before picking it.
'Joanna.'
He heard the voicecallthe other end of the line.
'Tunde, what is this I'm hearing about you kissing some other girl?'
'Damn it, Joanna. I didn't kiss her. She was upset about something, and I was trying to comfort her. Before I knew it, she drew me in and kissed me. It lasted for all of five seconds.'
'Comfort her? That is the Holy Spirit's work. He's the comforter, not you. You have no right being around any other girl, do I need to go over the details again with you?'
'She means nothing to me.'
'Good. And keep it that way. Or else.....'
With that note of warning, she ended the call. Tunde grimaced. He had totally forgotten about Joanna. Things just got complicated. Before he could think any further, his phone went off again. Joanna again. Why would she be calling again so soon?
'Yeah?'
'I almost forgot to tell you. I'm moving back. I'm going to be in the same school as you.'
He let his phone drop. Oh great. Things just got bad. Really bad. To think about it, she didn't attend the same school as he, so how had she found out about the kiss? He tried to flashback, to think about who could have seen him and Jennifer. But he hasn't been paying attention. He sighed. He'd deal with it later. All he wanted now was sleep.

Sarah's POV
She studied Ai who was sitting opposite her on the rug expertly plucking her brows. She took a deep breath and asked,
'So when two people date, what do they do?'
'Huh?'
'You know, what so they talk about, what do they say, how do they say it, when do they say it, why do they say it, what do they wear.......stuff like that'
Ai rolled her eyes. 'Get over yourself Sarah. Just be yourself.'
Promptly, Sarah got out a book and a pen and wrote it down.
Ai furrowed her brows and deftly plucked the book from Sarah's hands. She opened it and shook her head in pity.
'How to be the perfect girlfriend. Really, Sarah? Get your brows waxed, get your nails done, change your hairstyle bimonthly- who uses words like bimonthly anyways-, wear heels more often - yeah, I'd love to see that-, get things that don't look like a sack...'
'Ai, stop please. Don't make me feel even more foolish than I already do.'
Ai exhaled. 'Sarah, a relationship cannot have a to do list. It is not the same as grocery shopping. You're trying too hard. I mean, I know this is a new experience for you, but still, calm down.'
'I just want it to work out. I want him to see me as beautiful. You see the girls that flock around him, how beautiful they are...I want to be like that too.'
Ai dropped the book and scooted closer to her friend. 'Is it me, or are you lacking in confidence?'
Sarah lied through her teeth, 'Of course not.'
But inside, she thought, 'Conceal. Don't let her know. Nobody will understand. Lie.'
So she smiled and said, 'I'm fine. Guess I'm just overwhelmed by everything.'
And like the fool she was, Au believed her, when in truth, nothing could be farther from the fact.

I'm sorry for all the typos I know are definitely going to be, had a really bad day, but I had to write something because I finally put myself on a schedule. Oh, and sorry for the horrible dialogue. Will probably proofread sometime soon. Probably
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Nwiboko26(f): 5:55pm On May 10, 2016
Nice one keep it up.i am seriously waiting for ur update.
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by MzEspoir(f): 11:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
Sarah took a deep breath and stepped into the school. She did her best to strut, which was not an easy feat, considering the fact that she was wearing four inch stiletto heels. She slipped into the class with plenty time to spare. she brought placed her bag on the table and brought out her phone. She turned on the front camera and stylishly checked herself out. She inspected every inch of her face carefully and allowed herself a small smile. Her YouTube makeup tutorials finally paid off.
'Hey beautiful.'
She looked up sharply, and was surprised to see Chris.
'Hi. I wasn't expecting you.'
She narrowed her eyes, 'You're not having a class here. What are you doing here?'
'What? I can't come looking for my girlfriend?'
He bent and gently kissed her. Her face grew warm with embarrassment as the few students in the class began to snicker.
'Chris! You can't keep doing things like this. Not before everyone.'
'You have a problem with PDA?'
'I....Don't you have to be in a class now?'
'Nope. Not for the next three hours. I'm all yours until then. Scoot over'
She shifted and stifled a groan as he sat down beside her. She bit back her complaints as the lecturer sauntered into the room. She tuned off and focused on the class.

Tunde shoved his hands into the back pockets of his jeans and started to pace the living room.
'You're going to wear the carpet with your incessant pacing, Babatunde', his mother said gently. He ignored her and continued pacing.
'Tunde, sit down and keep calm.'
He kept right on ignoring her, pausing only long enough to glance out the window.
'She's going to be here any moment from now', he said to no one in particular.
His father came in and spoke gruffly to him
'Tunde, I hope you're ready.'
In response, his son closed his eyes and but down on his lips hard. His mother stood up from the chair she had been sitting in and touched his shoulder, ' I know this is hard for you my son, but remember your duty. Remember ...'
'I remember all right. You have never given me the opportunity to forget.' he interrupted with no small trace of bitterness in his voice.
'I will not tolerate rudeness to your mother! She's only trying to help you.'
'I'm afraid I'm beyond help now father. If you both had made better choices all those years ago, if you had both used your heads...' He was cut short by a slap from his father. He clenched his teeth and looked into his father's eyes, hoping his own eyes showed the hate and anger he felt.
'Is it not enough that I'm paying for something I did not do? Is it not enough that I am guilty of a crime that I'm innocent of? Will it ever be enough, father?' He said the last word with heavy sarcasm. His father lifted his hands to hit him again, but he was held back by his wife.
'It's all right, Akin.' She turned to her son and said, 'He did it so that we could survive.'
'And that makes it okay?'
She closed her eyes before answering, 'The things we do to survive do not define us.'
Tunde ran his tongue over his lips, not knowing what to say. Then they heard the gate open and a car drive in.
'Well, I guess the princess is here'

The girl was out of the car before they got to it. She was tall, with a long, lean athlete's body. She was also beautiful. Big wide eyes were framed by thick long lashes and perfectly groomed brows. Her full lips were currently pursed in anger and a small crease in her forehead didn't make her any less beautiful.
'Joanna.'
She gave him a quick once over, and with a sour expression on her face said, 'Why didn't you come the instant you heard the car? What were you so busy with that you couldn't spare all of twenty minutes to see me for the first time in three years? And why are you standing there and not doming over to hug me?'
She spoke in rapid fire, and her British accent made it even harder for Tunde to comprehend her. He forced a smile and said, 'Welcome home Joanna.'
She looked past him at his parents. 'Oh, I didn't see you there. Hello. Its been a long time.'
Tunde raised a brow as his mother rushed to Joanna and hugged her. Hello? If he or any of his siblings had tried that, they would have gotten a slap that would have sent them back to their factory settings. Joanna called out, ' My bags are in the car, Tunde. Bring them in OK? Be quick about it and don't dawdle.'
When he didn't move, his father called out, 'Move, boy. Don't be all day about it,'

He turned to the car and lifted the first trunk, muttering under his breath, 'Welcome home, princess'
Re: The Darkest Shade Of Blue by Omoh1998(f): 7:20am On Mar 20, 2017
MzEspoir:
Sarah took a deep breath and stepped into the school. She did her best to strut, which was not an easy feat, considering the fact that she was wearing four inch stiletto heels. She slipped into the class with plenty time to spare. she brought placed her bag on the table and brought out her phone. She turned on the front camera and stylishly checked herself out. She inspected every inch of her face carefully and allowed herself a small smile. Her YouTube makeup tutorials finally paid off.
'Hey beautiful.'
She looked up sharply, and was surprised to see Chris.
'Hi. I wasn't expecting you.'
She narrowed her eyes, 'You're not having a class here. What are you doing here?'
'What? I can't come looking for my girlfriend?'
He bent and gently kissed her. Her face grew warm with embarrassment as the few students in the class began to snicker.
'Chris! You can't keep doing things like this. Not before everyone.'
'You have a problem with PDA?'
'I....Don't you have to be in a class now?'
'Nope. Not for the next three hours. I'm all yours until then. Scoot over'
She shifted and stifled a groan as he sat down beside her. She bit back her complaints as the lecturer sauntered into the room. She tuned off and focused on the class.

Tunde shoved his hands into the back pockets of his jeans and started to pace the living room.
'You're going to wear the carpet with your incessant pacing, Babatunde', his mother said gently. He ignored her and continued pacing.
'Tunde, sit down and keep calm.'
He kept right on ignoring her, pausing only long enough to glance out the window.
'She's going to be here any moment from now', he said to no one in particular.
His father came in and spoke gruffly to him
'Tunde, I hope you're ready.'
In response, his son closed his eyes and but down on his lips hard. His mother stood up from the chair she had been sitting in and touched his shoulder, ' I know this is hard for you my son, but remember your duty. Remember ...'
'I remember all right. You have never given me the opportunity to forget.' he interrupted with no small trace of bitterness in his voice.
'I will not tolerate rudeness to your mother! She's only trying to help you.'
'I'm afraid I'm beyond help now father. If you both had made better choices all those years ago, if you had both used your heads...' He was cut short by a slap from his father. He clenched his teeth and looked into his father's eyes, hoping his own eyes showed the hate and anger he felt.
'Is it not enough that I'm paying for something I did not do? Is it not enough that I am guilty of a crime that I'm innocent of? Will it ever be enough, father?' He said the last word with heavy sarcasm. His father lifted his hands to hit him again, but he was held back by his wife.
'It's all right, Akin.' She turned to her son and said, 'He did it so that we could survive.'
'And that makes it okay?'
She closed her eyes before answering, 'The things we do to survive do not define us.'
Tunde ran his tongue over his lips, not knowing what to say. Then they heard the gate open and a car drive in.
'Well, I guess the princess is here'

The girl was out of the car before they got to it. She was tall, with a long, lean athlete's body. She was also beautiful. Big wide eyes were framed by thick long lashes and perfectly groomed brows. Her full lips were currently pursed in anger and a small crease in her forehead didn't make her any less beautiful.
'Joanna.'
She gave him a quick once over, and with a sour expression on her face said, 'Why didn't you come the instant you heard the car? What were you so busy with that you couldn't spare all of twenty minutes to see me for the first time in three years? And why are you standing there and not doming over to hug me?'
She spoke in rapid fire, and her British accent made it even harder for Tunde to comprehend her. He forced a smile and said, 'Welcome home Joanna.'
She looked past him at his parents. 'Oh, I didn't see you there. Hello. Its been a long time.'
Tunde raised a brow as his mother rushed to Joanna and hugged her. Hello? If he or any of his siblings had tried that, they would have gotten a slap that would have sent them back to their factory settings. Joanna called out, ' My bags are in the car, Tunde. Bring them in OK? Be quick about it and don't dawdle.'
When he didn't move, his father called out, 'Move, boy. Don't be all day about it,'

He turned to the car and lifted the first trunk, muttering under his breath, 'Welcome home, princess'

Hiii
Am following
Pls could you update
Luvin it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funny Street Life Quotes! (pictures) / The Other Side Of Love / The Teenage Lifestyle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.