Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,827 members, 7,831,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians (1506 Views)

Recession Will Soon Be Over – Osinbajo Assures Nigerians / "I'm Not Leaving APC" Tinubu Assures Nigerians / Tell Me What Happened While I Was Away - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by lolaxavier(m): 8:15pm On Aug 17, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari assured Nigerians Monday in Abuja that no amount of pressure will make him give up the war against corruption in the country, noting that, they his administration will not let any corrupt person off it.
In an address to a group of Nigerians who marched to the Presidential Villa to pledge their full support for his administration’s anti-corruption campaign, President Buhari promised a relentless prosecution of the war against corruption, with due regard for the rule of law.
The President said that all persons charged with stealing the nation’s resources will have their day in court and that, upon conviction, their ill-gotten wealth will be seized and returned to government coffers.

“I believe it is time for Nigeria to change course. That is why I sought election as President and got elected. As President, I am determined that Nigeria must move away from a course of endemic corruption that was leading us to perdition.
“There can be no question of our willfully allowing anyone to get away with corruption. No matter the pressure and entreaties, the anti-corruption war will continue and all accused persons will have their day in court,” the President said.

Welcoming the support of the group – Nigerians March Against Corruption, President Buhari, who was represented by his Special Adviser (Media & Publicity), Mr. Femi Adesina, also reaffirmed his commitment to curbing insecurity in the country and boosting employment opportunities for Nigerians, especially the youth.
He called for the continued support and solidarity of Nigerians as the present administration works to correct the wrongs of the past.
The Nigerians Against Corruption group led by Aisha Yesufu had condemned recent statements by some individuals against the President’s anti-corruption campaign.

They assured the President that the vast majority of ordinary Nigerians fully supported his ongoing efforts to curb corruption and urged him not to be deterred by the antics of those who do not share his laudable vision of a fairer, more equitable, corruption-free and progressive nation.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/08/17/no-corrupt-person-will-get-away-buhari-assures-nigerians/

Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by socialmediaman: 8:16pm On Aug 17, 2015
I passed through a very bad road today and I was like "This is one of the faces of corruption in Nigeria"

Nigerians are solidly behind you Mr President! If you bow to their pressure and allow them escape justice with all the damage they did to this country, you will lose much of your support base, but if you help Nigeria fight for justice and recover much of its embezzled resources, you will win the admiration of well meaning Nigerians who did not even support your presidency initially. God be with you Mr President.

3 Likes

Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by Hawlahscho(m): 8:17pm On Aug 17, 2015
Ride-on my youngest old man smiley

No look Uche face @all cool

1 Like

Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by Cutehector(m): 8:19pm On Aug 17, 2015
Jobs r on d way...
Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by lolaxavier(m): 8:27pm On Aug 17, 2015
Nigerians are in full support of your move. By Nigerians, I mean well-meaning citizens who know that there is no fine line and clear distinction between stealing and corruption. It is a shame that the previous administration never had the courage to make assertions such as this and bring them to pass. Buhari, ride on. Ma wo oju uche!

3 Likes

Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by hakeem4(m): 8:28pm On Aug 17, 2015
Buhari ride one

We dey your back

GEJ .... Your kirikiri room is already waiting for you
Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by TRUTHTOPOWER: 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2015
Instead of blackmail, suspects under the past administration should "pray for their days in court" or sue anyone "defaming" them. FFk went in and came out. judges don't bite!

1 Like

Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by lolaxavier(m): 8:33pm On Aug 17, 2015
socialmediaman:
I passed through a very bad road today and I was like "This is one of the faces of corruption in Nigeria"

Nigerians are solidly behind you Mr President! If you bow to their pressure and show them liniency, you will lose much of your support base, but if you give them their due punishment accordingly, you will win the admiration of well meaning Nigerians who did not even support your presidency initially. God be with you Mr President.

It's hard to cover ones view from the shambles the country has become. GEJ, you need to answer for your misdeeds.
Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by funlord(m): 8:34pm On Aug 17, 2015
undecided
This nigerian version of corruption worse pass AIDS sef! I don tire abeg!
Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by POWEROFPEACE(m): 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2015
If a man does something very wrong and goes free, others will follow suit. But if the man is punished seriously for it, they will be afraid and stay clear. I think there is something special about president Buhari and I support him
Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by lolaxavier(m): 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2015
POWEROFPEACE:
If a man does something very wrong and goes free, others will follow suit. But if the man is punished seriously for it, they will be afraid and stay clear. I think there is something special about president Buhari and I support him

Totally agree! Buhari is great.

1 Like

Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by lolaxavier(m): 9:35pm On Aug 17, 2015
Up Buhari...

1 Like

Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by lolaxavier(m): 11:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
funlord:
undecided

This nigerian version of corruption worse pass AIDS sef! I don tire abeg!

grin
Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 18, 2015
Kpomo mouth bushari, talkative. Make we hear word jare

1 Like

Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by lolaxavier(m): 6:52am On Aug 18, 2015
Niagarafall:
Kpomo mouth bushari, talkative. Make we hear word jare

What is dis one saying
Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by Bobbystanley(m): 7:05am On Aug 18, 2015
God why have u chose to punish us by giving us a Dullard as President?

All he talks about is fighting corruption.
How does that build Good roads and bridges?
How does it elevate the power sector?
How does it equip our Universities?

Get to work old fool.
Fighting corruption isnt the only reason people voted you.
Yes we support your fight against corruption but there are better things to do that would benefit the common man out there and not this witch hunting

1 Like

Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by lolaxavier(m): 7:06am On Aug 18, 2015
Hawlahscho:
Ride-on my youngest old man smiley

No look Uche face @all cool

Gbam!!!

1 Like

Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by horlabowale(m): 7:11am On Aug 18, 2015
We de your back. ....
Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by fulanimafia: 7:15am On Aug 18, 2015
Bobbystanley:

Get to work old fool.
Yes we support your fight against corruption but there are better things to do that would benefit the common man out there and not this witch hunting

Fighting corruption frees up the resources to provide all that you have listed up there and more.

It's simple logic once you remove the hatred for PMB which blocks clear thinking.
Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by Bobbystanley(m): 7:21am On Aug 18, 2015
fulanimafia:

Fighting corruption frees up the resources to provide all that you have listed up there and more.

It's simple logic once you remove the hatred for PMB which blocks clear thinking.

Shut up.

Are u saying there is no money to start up projects?

If he really wants to fight corruption then he should start by probing his own campaign fund.

Ameachi emptied Rivers treasury to fund his campaign and President Buhari is here spewing trash about fighting corruption

1 Like

Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by lolaxavier(m): 7:24am On Aug 18, 2015
Bobbystanley:

Get to work old fool.

Even from your comments, it clearly shows you are absolutely empty upstairs. If you are not satisfied with Buhari's steps, why not debate it out with him rather than raining unnecessary and ineffective curses? Like someone already advised you, remove the hatred and your eyes will be open to see the gigantic and bold steps the president is making, sorry your president.

1 Like

Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by Bobbystanley(m): 7:30am On Aug 18, 2015
lolaxavier:

Even from your comments, it clearly shows you are absolutely empty upstairs. If you are not satisfied with Buhari's steps, why not debate it out with him rather than raining unnecessary and ineffective curses? Like someone already advised you, remove the hatred and your eyes will be open to see the gigantic and bold steps the president is making, sorry your president.

Another fool
Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by fulanimafia: 7:33am On Aug 18, 2015
Bobbystanley:

Shut up.

Are u saying there is no money to start up projects?

If he really wants to fight corruption then he should start by probing his own campaign fund.

Ameachi emptied Rivers treasury to fund his campaign and President Buhari is here spewing trash about fighting corruption

You don't have to display your uncivilized state by speaking like a tout after being spoken to respectfully.

What petitions (not propaganda but facts) have been raised regarding his campaign fund? Once the systemic corruption is tamed or eliminated, all will be affected regardless of party.

P.S: For your information, PMB reserves the inalienable right to choose the direction his fight takes, Jonathan did too but was too corrupt and incompetent to exercise it.
Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by lolaxavier(m): 7:37am On Aug 18, 2015
Bobbystanley:

Another fool

I'm not here to trade curses with you. You are just a spec of sand in this matter and highly inconsequential. If you are looking for a partner to curse, you are at liberty to pick any of your family members. Lo and behold, this is my last response to you. If you like, rain all the curses in the world, it doesn't change the fact that you are empty-headed. If you quote me again, that means you have signed a contract with thunder to be firing you from left, right and centre.
Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by Bobbystanley(m): 7:38am On Aug 18, 2015
fulanimafia:

You don't have to display your uncivilized state by speaking like a tout after being spoken to respectfully.

What petitions (not propaganda but facts) have been raised regarding his campaign fund? Once the systemic corruption is tamed or eliminated, all will be affected regardless of party.

P.S: For your information, PMB reserves the inalienable right to choose the direction his fight takes, Jonathan did too but was too corrupt and incompetent to exercise it.

I wanted to reply u until I Saw ur moniker.

U are just one of the uneducated Fulani Herdsmen
Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by sammyj: 7:39am On Aug 18, 2015
Still reading! !
Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by fulanimafia: 7:41am On Aug 18, 2015
Bobbystanley:

I wanted to reply u until I Saw ur moniker.

U are just one of the uneducated Fulani Herdsmen

You lack the substance to engage in intelligent banter. Simple.
Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by Bobbystanley(m): 7:41am On Aug 18, 2015
lolaxavier:

I'm not here to trade curses with you. You are just a spec of sand in this matter and highly inconsequential. If you are looking for a partner to curse, you are at liberty to pick any of your family members. Lo and behold, this is my last response to you. If you like, rain all the curses in the world, it doesn't change the fact that you are empty-headed. If you quote me again, that means you have signed a contract with thunder to be firing you from left, right and centre.

You must be a Yoloba man
The South West slaves
Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by lolaxavier(m): 7:51am On Aug 18, 2015
It's time Nigeria gets cleansed of corruption. Good move. It doesn't have to go down well with everybody.
Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by anigbajumo(m): 8:01am On Aug 18, 2015
Pls let consider da fact without sentiments..

"I wil bliv in PMB ant-corruption war d day he reject/cancel or slashes security votes of president (over 500 milion naira /month) nd also security votes of all the 36 state governors (over 100 million naira 4 each governor evry month)". Anigbajumo 2015

That is lagalised corruption in Nigeria....

Frm APC supporter
Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by lolaxavier(m): 8:21am On Aug 18, 2015
anigbajumo:
Pls let consider da fact without sentiments..

"I wil bliv in PMB ant-corruption war d day he reject/cancel or slashes security votes of president (over 500 milion naira /month) nd also security votes of all the 36 state governors (over 100 million naira 4 each governor evry month)". Anigbajumo 2015

That is lagalised corruption in Nigeria....

Frm APC supporter

Facts or fiction!
Re: No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians by anigbajumo(m): 8:37am On Aug 18, 2015
lolaxavier:

Facts or fiction!

Facts originate frm fiction

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full List Of Buhari’s 35 Appointments Since Becoming President Of Nigeria / Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau / Things You Should Know About Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.