Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns (2888 Views)

'Do Not Murder Sleep In Ondo'' - Femi Fani-kayode Warns INEC / Fani-Kayode Warns Lai Mohammed: 'Stop Insulting PDP Or I Will Spank You' / If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Okimski(m): 8:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
ABUJA- FORMER Director of Publicity, Peoples Democratic
Presidential Campaign Organisation, PDPPCO, Chief Femi
Fani- Kayode Monday lampooned the Convener of the
Coalition of Northern Politicians, Academics, Professionals
and Businessmen, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, describing his
comments that President Muhammadu Buhari owes Igbos
nothing as most insensitive, cruel and Puerile.
Responding to comments credited to Junaid, Fani- Kayode
in a message to Vanguard noted that his statements that If
the igbo feel marginalised they should attempt to break
away again, was most uncharitable and careless, warning
that if there was any attempt to butcher the Ibos or a repeat
of what happened in 1966, it would be resisted by not only
the Ibos, but by all Nigerians, with attempt to secede, which
according to him, would be successful.
According to him, the like of Junaid must learn from history,
our mistakes, preach peace and peaceful coexistence, rather
that boast and beat our chests for yet another round of war.
Fani- Kayode reacting to a statement titled, ” If the igbo feel
marginalised they should attempt to break away again”- Dr.
Junaid Mohammed, The Punch Newspaper, 17th August
2015, said, “Given the immense suffering that the igbo were
subjected to both before, during and after the civil war this
is one of the most insensitive, cruel and puerile comments that I
have heard in recent times.
“I dare say that if Junaid Mohammed’s Nigeria ever
butchers over 100,000 innocent igbo civilians again, as they
did in the north in 1966 just before the civil war, there will
indeed be another attempt to secede, but this time it will not
only be successful, but they will also take many others with
them.
“Rather than boast and beat our chests, we must learn from
our history and we must never repeat its mistakes.”
Dr. Junaid Mohammed, had in an interview in one of the
national dailies( not Vanguard) , dismissed the sentiments
shared by a former Governor of Anambra State that the Igbo
have not been treated fairly in the governance of Nigeria.
Junaid who noted that people of the Igbo nation have
enjoyed favourable treatment, said it was wrong to reward
the Igbo simply on the basis of the Nigerian Civil War, which
lasted between 1967 and 1970.
Mohammed had said, “If it is about Buhari making the
appointments based on merit, I have no problems with it. I
don’t believe Buhari or Nigeria owes any Igbo anything. I
don’t care what Ezeife says; if they had seceded, there
would have been no Nigeria today. As people who acted
outside the interest of Nigeria as a country, to expect
compensation is a very odd logic.
“If the Igbo don’t like it, they can attempt secession again. If
they do, they must be prepared to live with the
consequences. Nobody owes them anything and nobody is
out to compensate them for anything.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/if-igbos-are-butchered-again-nigeria-will-break-fani-kayode-warns/

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Warldbest(m): 8:53pm On Aug 17, 2015
Yes
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by lordimmaogidi(m): 8:54pm On Aug 17, 2015
Let's watch n see de outcome
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Cleanman(m): 8:54pm On Aug 17, 2015
hmm
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by 9jii(m): 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
He must mocking igbo in style
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by socialmediaman: 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
Junaid's statements were completely unguarded. He should be condemned by every well meaning Nigerian!
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by ibedun: 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2015
FFK your dicky dey there. Na so Igbo toto sweet reach?
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by honourhim: 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2015
Nothing mega biko. Na only noise dem dey make. Na today?
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2015
Buhari and his mad cows he morally empowered may set this country on fire

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Baawaa(m): 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2015
Fani-kayode,stop smoking Marijuana,it is affecting your brain negatively
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 17, 2015
Even though junaid na misfit of a doctor but na ibo punany sweet fani kayode reach wey he dey talk?
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by kettykings: 9:03pm On Aug 17, 2015
The truth is that the next civil war might not be like the first civil war.

The theater of war will definitely not be in the east. The use of advanced weaponry and technology like drones, cluster bombs, GPS for precision and ogbunigwe 2.0 which will be killing people in 1000000 will pervade the war.
My only prayer is let Britain and Russia back out so that some people will learn war 1. 0

3 Likes

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by bogolobango(m): 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2015
Dat his wife toto Don dey make him talk rubbish
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 17, 2015
FFK should shut up and stop luring the igbos into violence.

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by erikcantona: 9:17pm On Aug 17, 2015
Let me tell you all am an IPOB member in IGWEOCHA (PH)we Will not fight a defensive War again!we will bring terror to lagos abuja kano nassarawa in just two weeks we will outrun the zoo!! Left for me I dnt want a referendum I want us to accomplish this mission as men !! My dad fought this same war 48 years ago and he is ready to fight with us again!! Imagin some one finishing school and nysc with no job insight ! This is not the life I plan for my kids

5 Likes

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by SOUNDKING: 9:58pm On Aug 17, 2015
erikcantona:
Let me tell you all am an IPOB member in IGWEOCHA (PH)we Will not fight a defensive War again!we will bring terror to lagos abuja kano nassarawa in just two weeks we will outrun the zoo!! Left for me I dnt want a referendum I want us to accomplish this mission as men !! My dad fought this same war 48 years ago and he is ready to fight with us again!! Imagin some one finishing school and nysc with no job insight ! This is not the life I plan for my kids
you spoke my mind exactly,me myself dey go for revenge.

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by T8ksy(m): 10:04pm On Aug 17, 2015
erikcantona:
Let me tell you all am an IPOB member in IGWEOCHA (PH)we Will not fight a defensive War again![b]we will bring terror to lagos abuja kano nassarawa [/b]in just two weeks we will outrun the zoo!! Left for me I dnt want a referendum I want us to accomplish this mission as men !! My dad fought this same war 48 years ago and he is ready to fight with us again!! Imagin some one finishing school and nysc with no job insight ! This is not the life I plan for my kids

Please, my brother (from another father), much as I don’t really advocate nor give support to solving our common problem through violence, taking full cognizance of the fact that, in any war as it’s usually the case without any recorded exception so far, the main casualties are always the innocents souls, I will caution you to, if indeed you must resort to violence to actualise your biafran utopia then, do tarry a minute and learn from the mistakes of your grand/fathers in the last war.

As FFK asserted and I, for once concur with, if ibos are slaughtered again in the north as was the case in 1966, for whatever reason/s offered, there will b e war in the country. My advice to you and your ilk however, is if the northerners are killing your folks, it’s your just prerogative if you decide to retaliate in kind but PLEASE don’t come looking for northerners to kill in a neutral (Yoruba) land.

In essence, don’t try to turn our ancestral land into a battlefield between you and the northern oligarchy.

We will resist you. This was ojukwu’s final mistake IMHO but then ojukwu wasn't really fighting for Biafra alone as he also had a much more bigger fish in mind.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by erikcantona: 11:51pm On Aug 17, 2015
T8ksy:

Please, my brother (from another father), much as I don’t really advocate nor give support to solving our common problem through violence, taking full cognizance of the fact that, in any war as it’s usually the case without any recorded exception so far, the main casualties are always the innocents souls, I will caution you to, if indeed you must resort to violence to actualise your biafran utopia then, do tarry a minute and learn from the mistakes of your grand/fathers in the last war.

As FFK asserted and I, for once concur with, if ibos are slaughtered again in the north as was the case in 1966, for whatever reason/s offered, there will b e war in the country. My advice to you and your ilk however, is if the northerners are killing your folks, it’s your just prerogative if you decide to retaliate in kind but PLEASE don’t come looking for northerners to kill in a neutral (Yoruba) land.

In essence, don’t try to turn our ancestral land into a battlefield between you and the northern oligarchy.

We will resist you. This was ojukwu’s final mistake IMHO but then ojukwu wasn't really fighting for Biafra alone as he also had a much more bigger fish in mind.
. Yes we now know our mistakes which is not. Conqering lagos then !! Lagos and abuja is our first assignment we will make sure nothing breaths there again

2 Likes

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by vicadex07(m): 12:09am On Aug 18, 2015
Lol are they goats that can just be slaughtered at will by its owner or captor...well considering their stubborness and crminal tendencies, their behaviour may be likened to that of a goat eternally attracted to yam on its course to ultimate destruction
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Okimski(m): 6:16am On Aug 18, 2015
vicadex07:
Lol are they goats that can just be slaughtered at will by its owner or captor...well considering their stubborness and crminal tendencies, their behaviour may be likened to that of a goat eternally attracted to yam on its course to ultimate destruction
This one just spoke like one of the Northern cow.

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by luckylucky: 6:27am On Aug 18, 2015
President Buhari should work hard to embrace the entire ethnic groups we have in Nigeria. We must live together with peace and love because unity is only vehicle that can landed us as a nation to a promising society. And to all the APC party it's only a fool king that we use his hand to divide his empires!

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by eagleeye2: 6:33am On Aug 18, 2015
Igbos have over the years blended with many ethnic groups in Nigeria. I as much as I hate violence, i don't see the experience of 1966 repeating itself.
Dr Junaid Mohammed is living with past sense of victory. A lot of other ethnic groups will die alongside the Igbos and Hausa/Fulani. Which I doubt will be very good for either side. It is better we break this 'mere geographical expression' peacefully. Cos War will spell a disaster for all.
Also Dr Junaid should not forget how difficult it has heen for the Nigeran Army to defeat the BH. Nor did they defeat the MEND. Moreover men of the Nig. Army won't be willing to die for the likes of Junaid Mohammed to live and own Oil Wells in the future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 18, 2015
Before you talk about war,imagine being a Syrian citizen in this age.
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by handie(m): 6:51am On Aug 18, 2015
Who still takes this one serious? Ogbeni to be noticed again, u've gotta do a Kaithlyn Jenner
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by engrjacuzzi: 6:59am On Aug 18, 2015
I wish it was Mugabe or Fayose that made the statement rather than this gullible man.
we are yet to see massob and opc cause chaos in any government dispensation.
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by LordMecuzy(m): 7:01am On Aug 18, 2015
I HATE WAR

lol most people clamouring for war will run away immediately the war starts looming... All our Rich politicians and Elites will abandon this country and return back after the war....

Even the south south will not wanna sail with biafra...

I want PEACE
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by koboko69: 7:04am On Aug 18, 2015
After announcing how he oiled Bianca the wife of the runaway....he is trying hard to redeem is image.

2 Likes

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by truthman2013: 7:05am On Aug 18, 2015
9jii:
He must mocking igbo in style
Definitely.

truthman..
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by CreampieAngela(f): 7:09am On Aug 18, 2015
erikcantona:
. Yes we now know our mistakes which is not. Conqering lagos then !! Lagos and abuja is our first assignment we will make sure nothing breaths there again
why do you want to conquer Abuja ? Wetin Gwari and Gbagyi people du for una. I though your beef is only against the Yoruba and Hausa, why do you want to drag the MiddleBelt into your bloodletting ?
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by tsdarkside(m): 7:12am On Aug 18, 2015
erikcantona:

oyyy...we know history...i know the igbos were the first to spread out,immediately after declaration of war......your armys reached so far as kwara,deep in the nw,what i dont understand,you had realy no business so far in the nw.......you tried to caught of the yorubas from the north,,,you made a aggression-war...anybody that knows history,knows that!!!!.....YOU ARE ALREADY THE AGGRESSOR...!!!!
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by tsdarkside(m): 7:19am On Aug 18, 2015
erikcantona:

bring it on!!!!....we are ready for you....lets see if you will even pass port-harcourt...port-harcourt shall be the end for you!!!!!!....we know now your intensions.......you people are completly evil..and we shall fight evil till the very end!!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by bigerboy200: 7:20am On Aug 18, 2015
Nonsense...FFK the ass licker

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba Youths Protest Incessant Fulani Invasion And Intimidation / See Fuel Price Of Other African Countries.... / Man's Spirit Reportedly Pictured Leaving Body After Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.