Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,916 members, 7,956,447 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:06 PM

Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State (32035 Views)

Flood Kills Man Returning From Prayers In Gombe State. Photos / Hungry Man Collapses On A Highway In Owerri (Photos) / Rainfall Breaks Tall Tree In Gombe. Photos updated!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by NICOGRAVITY: 8:20am On Aug 18, 2015
The builder of this bridge should be made to return all the contract money and jailed for 35 years without parole.

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by oshibote1: 8:21am On Aug 18, 2015
God please help us
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by Pidggin(f): 8:22am On Aug 18, 2015
Mediocre engineers every where
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by Okijajuju1(m): 8:24am On Aug 18, 2015
Kingsasian:
The car now belong to the gods.

Spoken like a High Priest of the Gods..
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by naijainfogalery: 8:25am On Aug 18, 2015
This statement of yours is very demeaning and without knowing you makes me lose respect for you, saying humans like you no be person, Truth is they might have their personal issues which every tribe has but calling them less of a human is very wrong,. If a white man calls you monkey now everyone will be shouting
missKiffy:

I no be aboki, aboki no be person

3 Likes

Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by MadCow1: 8:26am On Aug 18, 2015
Looks like the Handwork of UNIBEN Engineers.

angry
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by YurFatHer: 8:31am On Aug 18, 2015
Most shocking video clips on sonymax.
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by Dynaman(m): 8:38am On Aug 18, 2015
Kingsasian:
The car now belong to the gods.
lols yeye fowl
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by RoyalRoy(m): 8:39am On Aug 18, 2015
missKiffy:

I no be northerner, notherner no be person

This is a very irresponsible and careless comment.

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by onunwa21(m): 8:40am On Aug 18, 2015
local contractors
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by adehabproperties(m): 8:40am On Aug 18, 2015
If this happen in China the contractor will be sentenced to life imprisonment, in North Korea it is execution but in Nigeria he be awarded more contract.

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by missKiffy(f): 8:42am On Aug 18, 2015
naijainfogalery:
This statement of yours is very demeaning and without knowing you makes me lose respect for you, saying humans like you no be person, Truth is they might have their personal issues which every tribe has but calling them less of a human is very wrong,. If a white man calls you monkey now everyone will be shouting
Calm down bros, you misunderstood me, someone was asking me so I be abokii? and I was telling him am not, then I asked him abokii no be person? I obviously didn't put the question mark then, have modified it and the "autocorrect" changed the abokii to northerner.
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by LockDown69(m): 8:42am On Aug 18, 2015
Spybradd:

Gombe..

so you be abokii...

grin

Feeble-minded kid, #smh

2 Likes

Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by missKiffy(f): 8:44am On Aug 18, 2015
johnshagb:

I don't think that's appropriate
You guys misunderstood what I meant, I meant abokii (northerner) no be person? I was asking someone who asked me if am an abokii, I didn't put the question mark that's why

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by FRANKOXY(m): 8:45am On Aug 18, 2015
JEHOVAH HELP US IN THIS COUNTRY WHERE EVERYTHING IS SUBSTANDARD.
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by naijainfogalery: 8:47am On Aug 18, 2015
Oh ok the lack of the question mark changed the thing, Its ok, You got my respect back tongue . but not 100% sha for confusing me in the first place grin
missKiffy:

Calm down bros, you misunderstood me, someone was asking me so I be abokii? and I was telling him am not, then I asked him abokii no be person? I obviously didn't put the question mark then, have modified it and the "autocorrect" changed the abokii to northerner.
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by missKiffy(f): 8:48am On Aug 18, 2015
RoyalRoy:

This is a very irresponsible and careless comment.
U guys are getting it wrong, I didn't put the question mark that's why the statement sounded like I said northerner no be person, and the abokii I typed was changed to northerner, u can check again anyway. Have modified it
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by missKiffy(f): 8:49am On Aug 18, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Oh ok the lack of the question mark changed the thing, Its ok, You got my respect back tongue . but not 100% sha for confusing me in the first place grin
Na you sabi cheesy grin
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by prospero15(m): 8:52am On Aug 18, 2015
Oya wailers and their chant of "BUHARI"
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by rman: 8:56am On Aug 18, 2015
This collapsed bridge is one of the ways everyone should support the fight against corruption.

Someone awarded a contract to an incompetent company, contractor was paid. Somebody certified job is complete and properly done.

They all have endangered human life and the catastrophe could have been worse. In saner climes, some people will be answering serious questions and will probably pay for damages, endangering human life and end up in jail.
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by shut(f): 9:02am On Aug 18, 2015
A whole bridge collapsed shocked
Holy Moses! Nigeriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiia!

Damn it,I goan Sue whatever people involved in ditching out that contract and whoever handled that contract. I'll Sue even the godam labourers and even insects,flies,animals and whatever that witnessed such evil .

sad
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by sammie92: 9:03am On Aug 18, 2015
[color=#000099]There re several factors responsible for collapse or deflections of a structure. Defects in structure might be in Its design, Construction and the underlying soil .until proper examination is carried out by relevant authorities , then the cause of failure can be addressed. .
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by naijainfogalery: 9:08am On Aug 18, 2015
Oya beg me so that i can increase it to 60% trust
missKiffy:

Na you sabi cheesy grin
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by sweetgala(m): 9:13am On Aug 18, 2015
dominique:
If you know that you cannot erect structures that will not endanger people's lives, by all means DONT! The rickety looking bridge was constructed by one of those polithiefcians to score some cheap points. The evil contractors constructed with extremely substandard materials. The ĺevel of wickedness in this country is just disgusting.

It's not the materials that actually were the principal fault here but the design. Even the bible says you can not built a structure of loose foundation, you can see a complete section of the bridge sank into the sand because it's weight could not be supported.

I would need the initial pictures of the bridge before collapse to fully analyse the main point of failure

Edit : looking at that picture whoeever done the design and the government engineers who signed it off as safe should be arrested, they literarily just threw the concrete slab sections unto the pillars, given the bridge is not that long they could have done a suspension bridge even, that would be safer
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by IceDude(m): 9:14am On Aug 18, 2015
tchidi:
shocked

That's how we almost sank in one part of kaduna. Someone misdirected us and when we got to the 'sand', we didn't know water was right under the sand!!!

Na God help us that day. embarassed
Did u do thanksgiving in church? If yes why didnt u invite me, abi u nor know say party rice dey sweet wel wel?
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:15am On Aug 18, 2015
So sad, it can happen 2 anybody R.I.P
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by sweetgala(m): 9:16am On Aug 18, 2015
philfrey08:
Ah
The gods hv taken their sacrifice. Why aren't the men sinking sef?
Lol.... jus saying grin grin

The bridge collapsed while he was driving on it or before he drove on it?

By faith he drove on the SINKING SAND
CHRIST ALONE IS THE SOLID ROCK

Density of the sand/water mixture and body weight, a 1 tonne car would sink easier than a 70 kg man
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by Christmasdon(m): 9:17am On Aug 18, 2015
Is dis not the bridge built with wood that made front page the other time.
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by obailala(m): 9:19am On Aug 18, 2015
THe only painful and depressing side of this story is that absolutely no one would be punished for this. I just weep for my nation.
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by Akinz0126(m): 9:23am On Aug 18, 2015
On christ da solid rock I drive all other ground is sinking Sand.the ancestors of the land intended to receive their sacrifices either by crook or nook but its look like Allah still have mission for the driver.
Re: Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State by kencrystal: 9:26am On Aug 18, 2015
Good morning everybody, here is my won ticket of saturday's fixed matches, congratulations to all my subscribers that won with me and to those who also won my games for the first time, you can now proudly say that fixed matches exist because you have benefited from it. My next games are ready with an odd of 958 and 50 odds. For those who want to be part of my next games should call me now on 09036540701. Fixed matches won't last forever, let make good use of this opportunity being offered to us now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#itsonlyinnigeria Trending On Twitter (screenshots) / A Kind Nairalander Deposited 2000k To My Account For D Fake 1k I Received Pics / What Are Your Regrets For This Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.