Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,754 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

I May Reverse, Abandon Some Policies I Inherited – PMB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I May Reverse, Abandon Some Policies I Inherited – PMB (536 Views)

Reps May Reverse Senate Amendments To CCB/CCT Act / I Can’t Complain Of The Mess I Inherited—buhari / I May Reverse, Abandon Some Policies I Inherited – PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I May Reverse, Abandon Some Policies I Inherited – PMB by Elummah(m): 7:10am On Aug 18, 2015
By George Agba

President Muhammadu Buhari hinted yesterday
that he would gladly reverse or abandon some
economic policies he inherited from past
administrations if doing so would lead to the
creation of more jobs for Nigerians.

Accordingly, he has directed the Ministry of
Industries, Trade and Investment, and that Finance, as well as the Central Bank and other
relevant government agencies to evolve, before
next year’s budget, new policies to boost domestic manufacturing.

Buhari, who stated this at a meeting with the
executive members of the Manufacturers
Association of Nigeria (MAN) in the Presidential
Villa, Abuja, lamented that the textile industry that
employed about 320,000 people in the past only
has about 30,000 now.

Presidential spokesman, Mr. Femi Adesina quoted Buhari as saying in the meeting: “We are
in difficult times economically, but we’ll continue
to do our best for manufacturing to pick up. We
must begin to behave as if we have no oil at all.

“We will gladly have policy somersaults if it will
mean more jobs, particularly for youths. I
campaigned on three major planks: to effectively
secure our country, provide employment through
revamping the economy, and wage a relentless
war against corruption. I intend to keep faith with
these promises.”

Expressing regret at the dwindling fortunes of the
textile industry, the president said, “It shows the
carelessness of past governments if almost
300,000 people lose jobs in a single sector. We
have a clear idea of how we can stimulate
employment and we will work very hard to do
so.”

Earlier, MAN president, Dr Frank Udemba Jacobs,
had appealed for a review of policies that were
stifling the manufacturing sector.

He told the president that a robust manufacturing
sector was essential to the country’s economic
wellbeing.

www.leadership.ng/news/454639/i-may-reverse-abandon-some-policies-i-inherited-pmb
Re: I May Reverse, Abandon Some Policies I Inherited – PMB by Stephansmily(f): 7:11am On Aug 18, 2015
I prefer the word 'MUST' to 'MAY'
Re: I May Reverse, Abandon Some Policies I Inherited – PMB by 5starmilitant: 7:12am On Aug 18, 2015
W
Re: I May Reverse, Abandon Some Policies I Inherited – PMB by tempex88(m): 7:17am On Aug 18, 2015
well said....reverse unfriendly policies
Re: I May Reverse, Abandon Some Policies I Inherited – PMB by Splashme: 7:29am On Aug 18, 2015
So, who is forcing Buhari to continue in all the polices of previous admin?

Is reversal or abandonement of policies a new thing?
Re: I May Reverse, Abandon Some Policies I Inherited – PMB by MegMich(m): 7:39am On Aug 18, 2015
Nigerian government good on paper.

I've seen alotta this b4! should I believe this now?
Re: I May Reverse, Abandon Some Policies I Inherited – PMB by mdbissalla(m): 11:53am On Aug 18, 2015
Caryy go PMB

Re: I May Reverse, Abandon Some Policies I Inherited – PMB by macpetrus(m): 12:04pm On Aug 18, 2015
In few weeks, our Sole Administrator will mark 100 days in office

No policy....
No 5k.....
No single capital project. ...
No Probe.....

yet you want to reverse or abandon some policies.... Continue... just continue...
Re: I May Reverse, Abandon Some Policies I Inherited – PMB by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2015
He should come up with APC Policies and programmes to drive the course of change.

There should be new rules of doing business in Nigeria that will discourage corruption among citizens and foreigners alike.

Let's not forgot where the milestone by past administration, we can do far better as a country.

(1) (Reply)

L / Men’s Standards Of Beauty Around The World / Saraki Hired Uboh To Smear EFCC.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.