Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Paypal Response To My Payment Receiving Complaint - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Paypal Response To My Payment Receiving Complaint (2715 Views)

Facebook Decline My Payment, Which Card Is Acceptable At The Moment? / DMCA Complaint Help Needed / Complaint. . . Mods Please Take Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paypal Response To My Payment Receiving Complaint by seeun(m): 7:39am On Aug 18, 2015
I sent a mail to paypal in complain of inability to receive payment from paypal in Nigeria. Below is the reply I got.

Dear

Hi! My name is Miles from PayPal Consumer Support. I hope all is well with you today. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I’m glad to clear things up about the receiving payment feature.

We are doing our best to make the payment receiving feature available in the near future. Since PayPal has just recently launched the services in your country, currently, the receiving payment feature is not yet available.

Don’t worry, I’m glad to inform you that we have already submitted the application for the option to receive payments with your Nigerian banking regulators. This is to comply with local laws and financial regulations in Nigeria. Online safety and compliance is a top priority for us. We continue to work very closely with regulators in your country to ensure full compliance with all applicable regulations.

In the mean time, I recommend using or arranging other payment solutions to receive funds from your client (e.g. money order, check, etc.) I’m glad to inform you that sending money or international payment is free.

Alternatively, if you maintain an address in a country where the receive payment service is available and if you have financials in the said country, you may register a PayPal account in any of the following countries: South Africa, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Botswana, Mozambique.

You have my assurance that we’re constantly working towards expanding our service to include this feature since it would be beneficial for both of us to offer this to you. When additional features are made available you’ll be the first to know.

If you have additional questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at +1-402-517-4519 Monday through Friday 8:00AM to 4:30PM local Nigeria time.

I'm glad you got in touched with us and I get this clarified for you. Your patience is greatly appreciated. We are pleased to have you as a member of the PayPal community.

Sincerely,

Miles

PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2015 PayPal. All rights reserved.
Re: Paypal Response To My Payment Receiving Complaint by swtchicgurl: 7:41am On Aug 18, 2015
Don't worry. Buhari is working on it.
Re: Paypal Response To My Payment Receiving Complaint by mymadam(m): 7:58am On Aug 18, 2015
angry Interesting but... My observation is the unforced grammatical errors smuggled into the assumed Paypal reply. This is a trademark of Internet fraudsters.
Re: Paypal Response To My Payment Receiving Complaint by seeun(m): 9:34am On Aug 18, 2015
mymadam:
angry Interesting but... My observation is the unforced grammatical errors smuggled into the assumed Paypal reply. This is a trademark of Internet fraudsters.

Nothing was smuggled into this message. The exact message I received was posted here. Would you just point out grammatical errors you notice from the message?
Re: Paypal Response To My Payment Receiving Complaint by mymadam(m): 9:44am On Aug 18, 2015
seeun:

Nothing was smuggled into this message. The exact message I received was posted here. Would you just point out grammatical errors you notice from the message?

"...I'm glad you got in touched with us and I get this clarified for you..."

Ordinarily when I receive any message online, I first look out for 'gram errors' because spam/fraudulent messages tend to contain one or two. In this case, since the message was not unsolicited, it may simply be a typographical error... though I'm sure you'll agree with me that it's kinda unusual for a mega company like Paypal. Remain blessed.
Re: Paypal Response To My Payment Receiving Complaint by seeun(m): 1:57pm On Aug 18, 2015
mymadam:

...I'm glad you got in touched with us and I get this clarified for you...

Ordinarily when I receive any message online, I first look out for 'gram errors' because spam/fraudulent messages tend to contain one or two. In this case, since the message was not unsolicited, it may simply be a typographical error... though I'm sure you'll agree with me that it's kinda unusual for a mega company like Paypal. Remain blessed.
I've tried to read the message times without number in search of the grammatical or typographical errors, but couldnt see one. My inability to find could be the result of my poor strength in English spoken. Can you just help in pointing out where you see one probably I can learn from you. No offence please. God bless
Re: Paypal Response To My Payment Receiving Complaint by mymadam(m): 2:37pm On Aug 18, 2015
seeun:
...I'm glad you got in touched with us and I get this clarified for you. Your patience is greatly appreciated. We are pleased to have you as a member of the PayPal community.

Sincerely,

Miles

PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2015 PayPal. All rights reserved.

@seeun, never mind. Anyway, there it is in bold letters. However, it was just a simple observation, nothing to worry about really. Every Nigerian Paypal user would like the restriction lifted ASAP. I personally hope they do so soon. Have a nice day.
Re: Paypal Response To My Payment Receiving Complaint by seeun(m): 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2015
mymadam:

@seeun, never mind. Anyway, there it is in bold letters. However, it was just a simple observation, nothing to worry about really. Every Nigerian Paypal user would like the restriction lifted ASAP. I personally hope they do so soon. Have a nice day.

Its okay, though, I still can't find any error on that line. Don't mind me, I'm poor when it comes to Spoken English. Thanks for your observation
Re: Paypal Response To My Payment Receiving Complaint by iwriterng(m): 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2015
Paypal won't make a dime until they allow Nigerians to start receiving payment.
Re: Paypal Response To My Payment Receiving Complaint by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 18, 2015
iwriterng:
For your mind...

PayPal is close to 20 Years Old! You can say that to console yourself. But they have been making their money for the past 15+ Years!
Re: Paypal Response To My Payment Receiving Complaint by iwriterng(m): 7:13pm On Aug 18, 2015
coolsix:

For your mind...

PayPal is close to 20 Years Old! You can say that to console yourself. But they have been making their money for the past 15+ Years!

PayPal is not making a dime from Nigeria market right now. Simply because debit transactions are always free on PayPal. They only charge commission when you make credit transaction from one user to the other.

So I was right when I said they won't make I dime until they allow us to start receiving payment.

PS: Don't just attack issues head on, learn to ask questions that are unclear to you.
Re: Paypal Response To My Payment Receiving Complaint by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 18, 2015
iwriterng:

PayPal is not making a dime from Nigeria market right now. Simply because debit transactions are always free on PayPal. They only charge commission when you make credit transaction from one user to the other.

So I was right when I said they won't make I dime until they allow us to start receiving payment.

PS: Don't just attack issues head on, learn to ask questions that are unclear to you.

And learn to compose your statements with elucidation! Read your statement

Its basic English Mr! You said PayPal Won't Make a dime until they allow Nigerians Receive Payments which is what i countered! If you were referring to the Nigerian Market, you should specified it clearly! So again, you were wrong! Not right!
Re: Paypal Response To My Payment Receiving Complaint by iwriterng(m): 9:39pm On Aug 18, 2015
coolsix:

And learn to compose your statements with elucidation! Read your statement

Its basic English Mr! You said PayPal Won't Make a dime until they allow Nigerians Receive Payments which is what i countered! If you were referring to the Nigerian Market, you should specified it clearly! So again, you were wrong! Not right!

I was never wrong! The context of the original post is about Nigeria market.
Re: Paypal Response To My Payment Receiving Complaint by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 31, 2018
Nobody is saying anything about how to unlimit the account when PayPal finally limits it. Anyways i sell Lesotho Address document for verification. costs 5k. i paid an arm to get it. If interested, i'll need just your name and the address you registered PayPal lesotho with.
contact on my signature. Please no negotiations. 5k

(1) (Reply)

Best Digital Skills To Learn In Nigeria Today / Naija Host( Testimonies Please) / Is Bankalert Income Program Scam? Or Legit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.