Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,594 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

DANA Airlines-my First Experience - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DANA Airlines-my First Experience (1670 Views)

Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) / Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) / Dana Airlines’ Pilots Embark On Strike, Disrupt Flights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DANA Airlines-my First Experience by scobaba: 12:31pm On Aug 18, 2015
DANA AIRLINE- My First Experience.

This post is not to ridicule or discredit DANA Airlines. Its in fact my best airline after First Nation. I sha just want to share my first experience.
Serious boredorm today in the office as everybody seems to be on vacation except me sad

I got a call from one of my home bois informing me of a party organised by awon bois which was to go down dat friday nyt in lagos. Based on who i be, i dont like gist of gruvs, i always want to be part of the gruv, na scobaba naaaa.

Dats how i quickly went online to check the available flights for friday evening. Omo the cheapest was =N=32,000 out of the 7 available flights that evening.. Too expensive joor. even ordinary AERO with dem 'pof pof' refreshment dey form 32k? Na wa ooooo lipsrsealed.
I decided to bone the party, den it struck me...DANA.... I had not checked DANA. So i sharply checked and bonzaiiiii... 6:45pm flight...18k. Hmmmm. I smiled like ds smiley and den i remembered something and frowned like ds angry. I was just looking at the site blankly for like 5mins, so many tyns running thru my mind.

I sha clicked 'personal information' and started the booking process. While filling it, my hands got heavy, i started sweating under heavy Ac. I looked around the office like i would not be seeing it again. I felt cold running down my spine. Anyways i filled my atm card details, when it got to the last point where you click 'pay', i paused, sank back into my seat and closed my eyes. After 30 secs i braced up, sat upright, clicked 'pay' and said loudly ' i am covered by the precious blood of jesus'. My closest colleague dave looked at me, ' guy ur krase don start?' He said, 'No, shey ur own don stop?' I replied.
'Booking successful, be at the airport 45mins to the flight tym, bla bla bla'.

I could not work thru out dat day. I kept asking myself how i got into ds kinda issue.

4.30pm...work over. People hurriedly left the office. Its always like dat in my office on friday. From 3pm, people go out to pee or make private calls, then few minutes later, their bags will just disappear( especially the ladies), after dat their PC will go off and they will neva return... Till monday. Dat kind long pee and call.
So by 5pm, i was alone in the office. I sat there doing nothing. I just wanted something to come up so i have a reason not to travel again.
5:15pm, i put off my system, while leaving the office, i took one quick look, shook my head and left. I drove home slowly. I used to do 20mins from my maitama office to my lugbe residence, but that day i took my time, slowly i rode home. Got home by 6pm, picked a few clothes, looked at my haus like i did the office, then left.

I was not thinking of the flight tym at all. The cab i took got to the airport by 7:00pm, i dint care.
I strolled to DANA counter, from a distance, i saw there was no customer at the counter, i was happy. 'dem don fly' i said to myself. I got there and asked one pretty lady with the name 'joyce' written on her id, ' is the 6:45pm flight to lagos still on?' I asked.
Smiling like my wife, she said ' yea u r lucky, hurry up' shocked ahhhhhh i shifted backwards. 'Me lucky? For DANA?'. Still smiling she said 'yes u will be the last person for today'.
In my mind i was saying many tyns same time...'scoro which kind rubbish be this one wey you enter so? Must you attend this party? Which kind rubbish airline be this one wey no fit keep to time?, this yeye girl sef no dey fly DANA, she dey tell me say i lucky, which kind...." undecided

Anyways i got my PASS and proceeded to the plane. As i got closer, just like an american soldier in the movies who wants to die for others to survive( armageddon), i said to myself, 'scobaba see as u take go'.
We took off at exactly 7:25pm. I cant remember anything that happened en flight cos i told the guy by my side not to wake me up even when they serve refreshment. 55minutes later we landed. grin ( help me say amin ooo, amin)

I opened my eyes, smiled, looked at that guy next to me and said 'scobaba u can fear sha', he said 'who?', i said ' nothing, dont worry, i was referring to something else'.

Ever since that first trip in 2013, i have flown DANA at least 10 times till date. Apart from a few minutes delay, av not had any hitches with them. Finally na God.

wink

2 Likes

Re: DANA Airlines-my First Experience by niyoni: 12:44pm On Aug 18, 2015
Re: DANA Airlines-my First Experience by Immanueladebol(m): 12:46pm On Aug 18, 2015
mmm story dat touch!
Re: DANA Airlines-my First Experience by Melahou(m): 12:50pm On Aug 18, 2015
clap for yourself
Re: DANA Airlines-my First Experience by tdayof(m): 10:26pm On Aug 18, 2015
Op... Funny thread . But I think you felt that way because it's a Nigerian airline.. Air France and American Airlines has so many craaaaaa (I no complete am o) history.. Even ppl still fly the popular Malaysia airline .

Re: DANA Airlines-my First Experience by AlexDGr8: 1:22pm On Jan 03
[quote author=scobaba post=37081891]DANA AIRLINE- My First Experience.

This post is not to ridicule or discredit DANA Airlines. Its in fact my best airline after First Nation. I sha just want to share my first experience.
Serious boredorm today in the office as everybody seems to be on vacation except me sad

I got a call from one of my home bois informing me of a party organised by awon bois which was to go down dat friday nyt in lagos. Based on who i be, i dont like gist of gruvs, i always want to be part of the gruv, na scobaba naaaa.

Dats how i quickly went online to check the available flights for friday evening. Omo the cheapest was =N=32,000 out of the 7 available flights that evening.. Too expensive joor. even ordinary AERO with dem 'pof pof' refreshment dey form 32k? Na wa ooooo lipsrsealed.
I decided to bone the party, den it struck me...DANA.... I had not checked DANA. So i sharply checked and bonzaiiiii... 6:45pm flight...18k. Hmmmm. I smiled like ds smiley and den i remembered something and frowned like ds angry. I was just looking at the site blankly for like 5mins, so many tyns running thru my mind.

Hello Scobaba, please l would like to have a word with you, l want to find out something very important, my email address is alexzico7061@gmail.com, thank you

(1) (Reply)

Travel Out Of The Country With Academics Certificates. / Welcome To The WORLD CLASS Murtala Muhammed Airport, Terminal 2, Lagos - Vid / Nigerian Dies On Deportation Flight From Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.