Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy (1844 Views)

Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed / Our Growth, A Result Of Jonathan’s Economic Policies – Dangote / Civil Servants Call On President Buhari To Reverse Jonathan’s Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by saintopus(m): 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2015
’No pressure can stop anti-graft moves’ PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari yesterday gave a fresh indication that he might be forced to reverse or if possible, abandon some inherited economic policies from the past administration, if doing so would lead to the creation of more jobs for Nigerians.The President stated this during a meeting at the Presidential Villa with the Executive members of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN).Meanwhile, the President said that all persons charged with stealing the nation’s resources will have their day in court and that, upon conviction, their ill-gotten wealth will be seized and returned to government coffers.Buhari directed the Ministries of Industries, Trade and Investment, and Finance, as well as the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and other relevant government agencies to evolve before next year’s budget, new policies to boostdomestic manufacturing.According to him “We are in difficult times economically, but we’ll continue todo our best for manufacturing to pick up.We must begin to behave as if we have no oil at all. “We will gladly have policy somersaults, if it will mean more jobs, particularly for youths.I campaigned on three major planks. To effectively secure our country, provide employment through revamping the economy, and wage a relentless war against corruption.I intend to keep faith with these promises,” the President assured Nigerians that no amount of pressure will make him give up the war against corruption in the country.He lamented that the textile industry thatemployed about 320,000 people in the past only parades about 30,000 now. “It shows the carelessness of past governments, if almost 300,000 people lose jobs in a single sector.We have a clear idea of how we can stimulate employment and we will work very hard to do so,” Buhari added . The MAN President, Dr Frank Udemba Jacobs had appealed for a review of policies that stifle the manufacturing sector, noting that the importance of a robust manufacturing sector for the general well-being of the economy cannot be over-emphasized.In an address to a group of Nigerians who marched to the Presidential Villa to pledge their full support for his administration’s anti-corruption campaign, Buhari, however, promised a relentless prosecution of the war againstcorruption with due regard for the rule of law. Buhari stressed that the time has come for a real change, saying “I believe it is time for Nigeria to change course.That is why I sought election as President and got elected. As President, I am determined that Nigeria must move away from a course of endemic corruption that was leading us to perdition. “There can be no question of our willfully allowing anyone to get away with corruption.No matter the pressure and entreaties, the anti-corruption war will continue and all accused persons will have their day incourt,” the President said.Welcoming the support of the group – Nigerians March Against Corruption, President Buhari, who was represented by his Special Adviser (Media and Publicity), Femi Adesina, also reaffirmed his commitment to curbing insecurity in the country and boosting employment opportunities for Nigerians, especially the youth.He called for continued support and solidarity of Nigerians as his administration works to correct the wrongs of the past. The Nigerians MarchAgainst Corruption led by Aisha Yesufu had condemned recent statements by some individuals against the President’s anti-corruption campaign.They assured the President that vast majority of ordinary Nigerians fully support his ongoing efforts to curb corruption, and urged him not to be deterred by the antics of those who do not share his laudable vision of a fairer, more equitable, corruption-free and progressive nation.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/08/i-may-reverse-jonathan-economic-policies-says-buhari/
Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by kamair237(m): 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2015
Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by bluaero(m): 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2015
Reading...
Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by merry02(m): 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2015
Pls sir u don't need to tell us!start working and forget. Jonthan!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by kilode100(f): 3:42pm On Aug 18, 2015
Farts*

3 Likes

Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
[size=50pt]I Will[/size]

7 Likes

Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
Dis buhari too dey make mouth

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by DropShot: 3:47pm On Aug 18, 2015
No problems as far as we see results unlike Jonathan who had a policy but failed to work it through.
Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by DropShot: 3:48pm On Aug 18, 2015
merry02:
He was not talking to us. He was addressing MAN and it's not his fault that reporters brought the news to us or someone brought it here,

1 Like

Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by libertyfather(m): 3:52pm On Aug 18, 2015
merry02:

Yeah the work is already on bringing Jonathan to book is number one prospect, except you don't want him to do anything then he leaves Jonathan......agreed?
Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by omolami: 3:53pm On Aug 18, 2015
This is no news, it has been so from one new president to the other in Nigeria since 1960.
Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by merry02(m): 3:56pm On Aug 18, 2015
libertyfather:

Yeah the work is already on bringing Jonathan to book is number one prospect, except you don't want him to do anything then he leaves Jonathan......agreed?
buhari himself knws he dear touchs his predecessor! grin
Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by merry02(m): 3:57pm On Aug 18, 2015
DropShot:

He was not talking to us. He was addressing MAN and it's not his fault that reporters brought the news to us or someone brought it here,
I wll! I will!I will!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by Toktee(m): 4:03pm On Aug 18, 2015
merry02:
Why are you pained?
Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by Toktee(m): 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2015
islandprincess:
Dis buhari too dey make mouth
And who are you to are you?
Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:05pm On Aug 18, 2015
Under Jonathan, Nigeria was taken to Golgotha. What remained was for it to be nailed to the cross, before Buhari came to the rescue.
Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by merry02(m): 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2015
Toktee:
Why are you pained?
hypocrite behaves like that!!!when it comes to jonathan possitive impct,some of u keeps quiet.....
Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by merry02(m): 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
[size=50pt]I Will[/size]
naa so cos he never dream of forming his cabinet! cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 18, 2015
Toktee:
And who are you to are you?
is dis english or wat
Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by saintopus(m): 4:50pm On Aug 18, 2015
Cc:Lalasticlala
Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by 400billionman: 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2015
So much talk, no action..

Front page directly. .

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by 400billionman: 4:58pm On Aug 18, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
[size=50pt]I Will[/size]

Future impossible Tense..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by saintopus(m): 5:09pm On Aug 18, 2015
400billionman:
So much talk, no action..

Front page directly. .

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by baralatie(m): 5:27pm On Aug 18, 2015
(".Buhari directed the Ministries of Industries, Trade and Investment, and Finance, as well as the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and other relevant government agencies to evolve before next year’s budget, new policies to boost domestic.")

SO IT IS NOW UNTIL NEXT YEAR 2016 BEFORE THIS ADMINISTRATION WILL EVEN EVOLVE A POLICY.

MEEEEEHNNNNNN!
Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by DropShot: 6:35pm On Aug 18, 2015
merry02:
I wll! I will!I will!!! cheesy
This "I will" better continue with the results we've seen so far. His dead body is better than healthy gej.
Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by biafranqueen: 6:37pm On Aug 18, 2015
Yes we see your handy work the policy that made us the biggest economy of Africa is slowly turning us back to the the dark ages cry

1 Like

Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by merry02(m): 7:13pm On Aug 18, 2015
DropShot:

This "I will" better continue with the results we've seen so far. His dead body is better than healthy gej.
is jonathan coming to rule u again?y can't u think straight?
Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by TheFreeOne: 7:33pm On Aug 18, 2015
Buhari should tell nigerians his economic policies and stop playing to the gallery.

Is he not tired of 'I will this' 'We will that'
Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by owobokiri(m): 7:53pm On Aug 18, 2015
They always moan about the loss of direct jobs in the textile industry. But nobody calculates the quantity of jobs, taxes and rates that arise from the importation of cheap chinese products. How cost effective will it be to manufacture this type of goods locally? Will the money spent on importation be lesser/bigger than the amount spent producing some goods locally? Which helps spread the wealth around; creating a multi millioniare factory owner or legions of millionaires who make decent incomes through cheap importations while paying healthy taxes? We don't have to act based on emotional instincts here. Fact of the matter is that job is job. You have to be smart to know the areas of the economy where we are competitive and try to leverage enough funds to help investors in these areas. You don't have to go bananas simply because the kaduna textile industry went kaaput. . Dubai is not your typical example of a manufacturing center, yet billions are rekked in yearly through trade, taxes and levies on transactions.
Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by saintopus(m): 8:41pm On Aug 18, 2015
owobokiri:
They always moan about the loss of direct jobs in the textile industry. But nobody calculates the quantity of jobs, taxes and rates that arise from the importation of cheap chinese products. How cost effective will it be to manufacture this type of goods locally? Will the money spent on importation be lesser/bigger than the amount spent producing some goods locally? Which helps spread the wealth around; creating a multi millioniare factory owner or legions of millionaires who make decent incomes through cheap importations while paying healthy taxes? We don't have to act based on emotional instincts here. Fact of the matter is that job is job. You have to be smart to know the areas of the economy where we are competitive and try to leverage enough funds to help investors in these areas. You don't have to go bananas simply because the kaduna textile industry went kaaput. . Dubai is not your typical example of a manufacturing center, yet billions are rekked in yearly through trade, taxes and levies on transactions.

Good thinking !Good product !

1 Like

Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by KanwuliaJara: 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2015
I WILL!
I WILL!
I WILL!

. . . . soon QUENCH with making NOISE!!! grin
Re: BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy by Agwoden(m): 9:00pm On Aug 18, 2015
As if he has a policy of his own.

(1) (2) (Reply)

warning: Yorubas should leave Chima okoro alone / Prince Abubakar Audu Dead? / Disclaimer! Orji Uzor Kalu Distances Self From Fake Letter To Gov. Ikpeazu(photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.