Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,552 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. (5009 Views)

3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start Today / 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 / 10 Businesses A Good Christian/muslim Should Not Venture Into (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by databoy247(m): 5:54pm On Aug 18, 2015
You have an existing business, or are about to start a business and you really have some passion for what you do with a serious intent of expanding, then there are a whole lot involved, which you can do to become successful. Every new or small business must do promotions do get new customers, make more sales, and of course get more future leads.

One sure way to promote and grow your business is with email marketing. I can bet my GTBank account that 92% of business owners here on Nairaland DO NOT use email marketing, and i also know that they do not also believe in it.

Over time, so many Akin Alabi wanna-bes have successfully spread the concept and ideology that email marketing is tied to information marketing business (the business of selling eBooks).

In this thread, I am going to teach you everything i Know about email marketing and how it can be used to run a small business, grow your business and make more money. I am not acclaiming to being a guru, but i sure know a thing or two.

It is a marketing tool (one of the cheapest you will ever find) and if you do not know, it can be used in every aspect or category of business. Be it real estate, sales, ICT, information marketing, beauty and make up business, etc.

What this course will teach you;

Everything you need to know about email marketing and why it is very important.

Recommended Email Clients (or emailing system)

How to get new and fresh opt-in email subscribers everyday.

How to send the right type of emails to your subscribers.

How not to spam people in the name of email marketing

How to "increase your sales, and earn more money" using email marketing.

Etc...

Everyone here wishes to get some spare 10k or 20k to do some NL adverts but after one week and your ads stops running, what next?

When i pay for NL ads, it runs for one week and stops. I might not make a dime during the advert duration, but i WILL surely get some new email subscribers which to me are way more valuable.

If you know how to do it right, you will surely make money and increase your business and let me re-emphasize, it is not meant for just information marketing business (selling of eBooks), it is used for virtually ANY kind of business.

Have you ever heard of the term "The money is in the list?". This is true, and i will prove it.

If you are interested in learning this unique and simple marketing tool to increase your sales, build your business and expand your network, then sit tight because i will be revealing alot here....for FREE. cool

Those who know me here, knows I don't joke around. Your interests will motivate me to continue.

2 Likes

Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by worthygent: 6:20pm On Aug 18, 2015
Thanks for your good heart. You have a follower.I am interested.
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by Ewizard(m): 6:27pm On Aug 18, 2015
Following..
Fire down ma nigga cheesy
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by kentochi(m): 6:28pm On Aug 18, 2015
following
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by psalmade(m): 7:01pm On Aug 18, 2015
Following
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by kennyman2000(m): 7:42pm On Aug 18, 2015
Following boss...
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by pepe1: 8:53pm On Aug 18, 2015
Yes boss, I have always followed you now following this thread.
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by pattybf(f): 9:14pm On Aug 18, 2015
Very much interested, pls ride on
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by Okattamgbee: 11:30pm On Aug 18, 2015
I am very keen to learn this brother and God bless you for wanting to do this.
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by Booty4me: 11:47pm On Aug 18, 2015
present
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by Maximus85(m): 7:39am On Aug 19, 2015
Let the Class start already.
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by emmadejust(m): 7:59am On Aug 19, 2015
BRING IT ON I'M READY BOSS
KEEP IT SIMPLE FOR BETTER MASTERING APPLYING
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by databoy247(m): 9:27am On Aug 19, 2015
Back in the day when email was invented, it immediately solved the problem of communication via writing of letters. Back then if you wanted to communicate with someone in Lagos, you would have to send a letter from Benin to Lagos, since landline was more of a communication tool for the well-to-do.

With email, it became easier to communicate with anybody anywhere in the world....and it is way cheaper too.

Then comes the advent of Blackberry and Android phones, email users increased because without an email address, you wont be able to make use of these devices. Virtually 70% (over 72 million Nigerians) of Nigerians make use of an email address...what better way to do business communications?

Email marketing is an art of promoting your business, increasing your sales via an efficient email system. But it is way easy to gather as many email addresses as you can online, and start sending messages to people. WRONG!

They are called un-solicited emails and in developed country, you can be sued for that. You dont force a message down the throat of someone. This is because it is very very effective to call someone on phone and say; 'Hi, i will be coming to your office later by 12 noon to discuss something with you", and when you get there you will be listened to. Rather than show up unannounced...someone will just call security for you.

To start an email marketing campaign, always start with permission.
People open email from people they know, and they delete or mark as spam email from people they don’t recognize. This is why it’s critical that you always ask for permission before adding a new contact to your email list. Permission-based email marketing is the best route to developing long-lasting customer relationships that drive repeat sales and valuable word-of-mouth for your business. And this will keep you from going to court.....trust me. (There are some people here in this NL who are really guilty of this...e.g the guy that calls himself tectono ventures.....please stop sending me unsolicited emails...I have the right to sue you for privacy infringement) angry angry

Back to business, grin. When someone joins your email list, they are opting-in to learn more about your business. Some of these people will be completely new to your business and want to learn more about what you have to offer. For new customers, you could send emails with additional information about your business and the different products and services you have to offer.

But do you know it is possible to have an email list of 1000 subscribers and when you send out a message, less than 10 will actually read what you have sent out?

In email marketing, it is assumed that a 20% open rate (200 out of 1000 reading your email) is a success. As for me, sometimes i enjoy a 41% open rate. How did i manage to achieve this?

How do you get people to join your email list? How can you get new subscribers? There is nothing as cool as someone saying "hey, i want to join your list because i want to get emails from you".

Watch out for my next post. I am a very busy person, so you will have to develop some form of patience with me. cool
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 19, 2015
Ok...

You've really got a nice thread, keep keeping it up!
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by fastlane84: 1:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
Following
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by AKBINARY: 9:32pm On Aug 19, 2015
following
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 19, 2015
Following
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by Nobody: 5:49am On Aug 20, 2015
Oya na
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by databoy247(m): 10:39am On Aug 20, 2015
How can you setup an effective email subscription system?

First, you choose a good bulk email service provider. Everybody's got the one they are most comfortable with. It might be that their pricing is cheap and fair, or that they have a cool free plan, or their tools are easy to use and meet your needs. Examples of globally recognized providers are;

Aweber
Mailchimp
iContact
Instant Contact
InfusionSoft
GetResponse
Madmimi
MailiGen
Etc

As for me, I use mailchimp. It is easy to work with and has a lot of other reasons appealing to me.

The best way to get new subscribers (with permission) is by setting up an opt-in system from inside the provider website. After this is done you will have a small form which you can embed in your website or share a link.

So, when people fill the form (usually just name and email address), they receive a confirmation link in their email box. That is the permission. Clicking on that confirmation link means to say "Please send me emails, I am looking forward to your mails".

But the question is WHY DO I SIGN UP AS A SUBSCRIBER WITH YOU? In order words what do you have to offer that i am eager to get? Why do I allow you start bombing my mail box with useless adverts?

All these are questions your potential subscribers will ask. And if you can answer them you have yourself some new subscribers.

NOTE: If you want people to sign up and opt-in to your email list willingly, you have to give them a reason to. First, offer something for free that is worth some money (and everyone should know that it is really worth some money).

Secondly, You dont say, "sign up on my mailing list so i can give you promotions in my business" and then start bombarding them with adverts OR asking people to sign up because you want to send out hundreds of emails concerning some boring eBooks you are selling.

GIVE VALUE.

If they are signing up, you better make them believe you are giving some sound information that cant be seen else where.

E.g.

You can ask them to sign up so they can start receiving job vacancies that are rarely published - insider vacancies. This is hot.

You can also ask them to sign up because you will be sending them unbelievable deals you can find around. Etc

The key is to let them know that you are ready to do the research, gather the facts, go the extra mile to obtain data, and deliver it to them while they sit, relax and expect mails from you everyday.

Let them know you are ready to do the hard work so they can get the results of your hard work for FREE.

This is VALUE.

People pay for value, but when you let them know you are willing to give them value for free, they will sign up.

I dey come make i go chop. tongue
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 20, 2015
Op

Why was your post hidden?

You posted that people should contact you abi..
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by databoy247(m): 1:35pm On Aug 20, 2015
omoteamac:
Op

Why was your post hidden?

You posted that people should contact you abi..

The hidden post has been opened. Aparently i also got banned by the mods. I had to reach out to Seun directly.

So since they (the mods) dont want me giving this free tutorial, then its best i sign off.

If you guys want me to continue then, ask them to stop hiding my post and banning me. Cos am already discouraged.

Also, if i want people to contact me, my number is in my signature. I dont have to announce it.
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by pattybf(f): 3:00pm On Aug 20, 2015
Lets move to whatsapp nah! What's d ban ban ban abt?

pls ans this question, what is d difference btw free n paid auto responders. Why should I pay if I can have it foc
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by jlordz: 4:49am On Aug 21, 2015
AKBINARY:
following

HELLO AKBINARY, KINDLY HELP ME WITH YOUR RANDOM INDEX TRADING STRATEGY AND THE SSBOT SOFTWARE INCLUDING INSTRUCTIONS TO MY EMAIL: jlordz @ hotmail . com ....THANKS.
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by databoy247(m): 5:47am On Aug 21, 2015
pattybf:
Lets move to whatsapp nah! What's d ban ban ban abt?

pls ans this question, what is d difference btw free n paid auto responders. Why should I pay if I can have it foc

Free services are always limited. For example there may be a limit on the number of subscribers you might have (like saying you cannot have more than 500 subscribers in your list), then some features will not be there like follow up email automation. That is, you will not be able to prepare follow up emails and program them to deliver on scheduled dates and time. Then some free services will put adverts in your emails.

The limitations are much. But it is advisable to make use of free a free service, then when you have grown you can then migrate to a paid service. The best free service provider i can recommend is mailchimp. With mailchimp, you can send 12,000 emails to 2,000 subscribers for free. And billing starts from $10 monthly (about N2,300).

With this, you can be sure your business has started earning so you will be comfortable paying the monthly subscription.
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by Booty4me: 10:00am On Aug 21, 2015
databoy247:

Free services are always limited. For example there may be a limit on the number of subscribers you might have (like saying you cannot have more than 500 subscribers in your list), then some features will not be there like follow up email automation. That is, you will not be able to prepare follow up emails and program them to deliver on scheduled dates and time. Then some free services will put adverts in your emails.

The limitations are much. But it is advisable to make use of free a free service, then when you have grown you can then migrate to a paid service. The best free service provider i can recommend is mailchimp. With mailchimp, you can send 12,000 emails to 2,000 subscribers for free. And billing starts from $10 monthly (about N2,300).

With this, you can be sure your business has started earning so you will be comfortable paying the monthly subscription.

hello is there a way I can move my subscriber from aweber to mailchimp .. am paying 6500 monthly and I have less than 1000 subscribers.. I think am being overcharged
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by databoy247(m): 1:27pm On Aug 22, 2015
Booty4me:

hello is there a way I can move my subscriber from aweber to mailchimp .. am paying 6500 monthly and I have less than 1000 subscribers.. I think am being overcharged

Yes you can. Aweber is one of the most expensive, so many people like it but i dislike it. All you have to do is export your contacts, then in mailchimp, import them. But you will have to do a double opt-in. That is, sending them a re-confirmation link. I believe you can also import them directly from aweber in your mailchimp account. Mailchimp has good documentation so if you have any issues, just Google for a solution. You will not get support from them because you are on a free plan.
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by pattybf(f): 10:28pm On Aug 22, 2015
databoy247:

thanks
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by databoy247(m): 10:37am On Sep 06, 2015
Happy Sunday. I have been caught in a web of activities recently. Hopefully, i will continue this series soonest.
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by databoy247(m): 3:09pm On Jun 27, 2016
An unfinished tutorial. Hmmm....Anyway, it's a fact that I have been away from this for a long while, but it's for the best as I have obtained more lessons and understanding of email marketing. I will continue from where I stopped, just hope you guys are with me.

Anybody with me?
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by Ub4sure: 3:51pm On Jun 27, 2016
I dey with you. Go on. Thanks
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by pointstores(m): 4:00pm On Jun 27, 2016
i dey with u
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by pattybf(f): 4:05pm On Jun 27, 2016
i'm still around!

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Cement Plant From 50tpd-300tpd Capacity For Sale / Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? / Truck Stops In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.