Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,821 members, 7,959,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:08 PM

Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL (16005 Views)

Corruption: BUHARI gives EFCC Go Ahead to Probe JONATHAN / Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers / Probe Jonathan, Be Fair, PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by SWAGGAVILLAGE(m): 11:38pm On Aug 18, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered investigation into the sale of Nigerian Telecommunications, NITEL, and Mobile Telecommunications, MTEL, under the administration of ex-president Goodluck Jonathan.

The telecom company was sold for $252m to NATCOM consortium in December 2014.

Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Communication and Technology, told State House Correspondents on Tuesday after briefing the President Buhari that the president had directed him to raise a memo on the whole transaction to ascertain if there were any underhand dealings.

The official also disclosed that President Buhari expressed worry over the quality of service rendered by the telecom operators in Nigeria.

He said: “The President was concerned about the liquidation of NITEL. He is not opposed to its privatization but he wants to know and he want us to bring a memo on how the whole transaction was undertaken so that he would know whether Nigeria was shortchanged.

“The President was concerned by the quality of service of telecom operators. The President is very concerned about the whole issue of privatization that is hindering the investments in ICT infrastructure, and he will personally champion this. The President talked about the potentials of the ICT sector in generating employment.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/18/buhari-to-probe-jonathans-sale-of-nitelmtel

6 Likes

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:41pm On Aug 18, 2015
Op! Ur second name na aradite..

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by seunny4lif(m): 11:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
grin grin

It's my birthday oooh......Thank God, am a year older today.....
I need 1000 likes cos Na 1000 years,I wan spent on this earth.....

On behalf of myself,my unmarried wife and my unborn children...We thank you all for the love but make una increase the like cos Na 1000 years,me won stay for this earth oooh grin grin cool cool...

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by Dannyset(m): 11:48pm On Aug 18, 2015
Operation Investigate Everything In The Last Govt. Haters can wail. We actually don't give a damn.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by egift(m): 1:49am On Aug 19, 2015
Funny how PDP looted Nigeria for 16yrs and still get angry that we want to investigate all the criminal activities that happened. Ride Mr. President.

32 Likes

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by CR77(f): 8:41am On Aug 19, 2015
grin GEJ my Hero

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 19, 2015
let the season film begin

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by Burger01(m): 8:42am On Aug 19, 2015
Season of probing is getting very interesting. Operation probe anything probable smiley

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by strawb(f): 8:42am On Aug 19, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by CR77(f): 8:42am On Aug 19, 2015
No be only 1000 Likes grin grin
seunny4lif:
grin grin
It's my birthday oooh......Thank God, am a year older today.....
I need 1000 likes cos Na 1000 years,I wan spent on this earth.....

cheesy
egift:
Funny how PDP looted Nigeria for 16yrs and still get angry that we want to investigate all the criminal activities that happened. Ride Mr. President.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by Feranmicharles(m): 8:42am On Aug 19, 2015
Walahi buhari have support in thissmiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by youngvizzy1(m): 8:42am On Aug 19, 2015
Ok

OK
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by akpanikpe(m): 8:43am On Aug 19, 2015
egift:
We are all behind you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by Elummah(m): 8:45am On Aug 19, 2015
Better. I'll never forgive PMB if he doesn't probe Jonathan's administration.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by PassingShot(m): 8:46am On Aug 19, 2015
egift:
Dannyset:
Operation Investigate Everything In The Last Govt.
Haters can wail. We actually don't give a damn.

Let them cry to high heavens, the main actor (PMB) does not care about their lamentations.

I love my president.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by frinx: 8:46am On Aug 19, 2015
Just start the probe already.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by appini: 8:46am On Aug 19, 2015
Buhari is a funny old soldier.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by HDee(m): 8:47am On Aug 19, 2015
Yea... Do the needful
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by coldsummer: 8:47am On Aug 19, 2015
Jonathan came and he was setting up committees,

Buhari is here and he's probing.

Each administration has its own peculiarity.

Please probe and return our dignity and restore hope in Nigeria.

PS: Abeg baba change our international. passport colour. Biko.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by Emekamex(m): 8:48am On Aug 19, 2015
Buhari probing with no end result since 1914.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 19, 2015
Buhari is synonymous to probe....kontinu....until u probe yourself without knowing.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by naijainfogalery: 8:48am On Aug 19, 2015
Buhari Please just get yourself a probe Minister, i think we need that onem cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by chesterlee(m): 8:49am On Aug 19, 2015
Probe Probe Probe....Everyday!

How would this affect the life of a common
Nigerian?

Buhari should face his promises...before his tenure ends in probing.

$1 - N1
Daily food for primary school students
N40 fuel
N5000 for unemployed Nigerians etc

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by zicoraads: 8:50am On Aug 19, 2015
Here we go again. This too much talk of probe is annoying. If you want to probe, by all means do it already and stop disturbing our ears with 'to' and 'will'. Some of us still remember all the campaign promises that were made. We will not be distracted by all this noise.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by Quote: 8:50am On Aug 19, 2015
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by IsiCaterpillar(f): 8:51am On Aug 19, 2015
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by MillionDollars: 8:52am On Aug 19, 2015
Where are the wailing wailers

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by Google63(m): 8:52am On Aug 19, 2015
Please let me know when baba starts to do things. I'm tired of his willingness to do things

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nneoma Rochas Okorocha Celebrates Her Birthday (Photos) / Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary / Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.