Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,955 members, 7,821,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? (3679 Views)

Lagos To Warri / Anyone Travelling To Warri On Friday? Love To Ride With Us? We Need Directions.. / Pictures Of Chrystover's Trip From Owerri To Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 25, 2005
That is my town.Where i grew up.most people dont like the place either beecause of bad experiences or bad stories.to m it is the best place one can be.Goodnite
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by FOD(m): 12:59am On Oct 26, 2005
Yea I have... Warri is a nice place to live. The home of most of the funny guys. Warri's mosquitoes are as big as houseflies, if not bigger.

Thank God peace reigns there now.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by fabian(f): 2:17pm On Oct 27, 2005
Been there lots of times........... the mosquitos are as big as the ones elsewhere........
The only thing I know is that @the motor parks, don't keep yr money in your pockets oh.............
I enjoyed my visits to Warri!
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by Oliseh(m): 8:47pm On Nov 04, 2005
It's a nice place.i schooled there(fgc warri)
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by pie1ect(m): 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2005
Warri is the place to be in Nigeria. Other places are too "quiet". I basically grew up there. Attended Twin Fountain and then FGC.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by tellbabe(f): 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2006
All the comedians that visit ghana talks about warri,i personally don't understand,what is it about warri,is it a community,a tribe,and why WARRI and no other place?
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by denthemen(m): 2:08pm On Jan 18, 2006
I have lived and worked in Warri for the last 10 years and the only good thing to come out of it is my wife!!! Seriously its not as bad it has been made out to be, and things are relly changing. One more thing, dont mind the comedians!
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by Jibson: 4:03am On Jan 19, 2006
its just that their lifestyle ,language their english is funny .
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by SIBLI06(m): 1:48pm On Feb 20, 2006
Each to their own I suppose! I spent 5 years working in Warri along with visits to all the northern & Southern swamp locations. It sucks, it's a hell hole!!!! I hear it is better now though (I left there 2 1//2 years ago). I'll stick to lagos thank you.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by EloSela(f): 5:21pm On Apr 14, 2008
I am from Warri/Sapele, well mostly Sapele and I still have plenty of relatives in the Warri and Sapele area.

Please post some pictures! cheesy
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by holythug(m): 5:25pm On Apr 14, 2008
yes been to sapele twice okiriigwe & ibada-ilume to b precise
warri once
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by holythug(m): 6:33pm On Apr 14, 2008
being to amukpe too. . .spent most of my time in jez motel
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by EloSela(f): 6:48pm On Apr 14, 2008
OMG! my people full here O!

Any alumni from the following schools on here? In particular the first one, grin

St Itas girls grammar school grin
Palmer primary school grin
Malachi Boys school
Okotie-eboh boys school
chude girls school
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by EloSela(f): 7:58pm On Apr 14, 2008
@Siena

My two older brother's attended Okotie-Eboh while I was around the corner at Palmer Primary School.

It is indeed a small world, especially in Urhoboland! cool
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by komekn(m): 1:51pm On Apr 15, 2008
Warri the capital of living life to the full, just do not know a better place to tutor you in life skills, i go open , ear go open, heart go strong, brain go sharp, mouth go sharper still, these socail skills have helped me in no small measure to excel in obscure and well known places sometimes dangerous places across the world.

Did some good time at Hussey College , Warri my brother was at St Malacky's never been the same since. grin
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by lloydhill(m): 1:59am On Apr 19, 2008
Hi all.I no know how i wan take talk am but if u neva come,live,yarn,climb bike,, Then you neva be warri.'Area i hail'.I was born in warri,schooled in warri Twin fountail for primary school then FGC waffi 4 secondary.I was great great fun.My parents are still in warri and its still fun out there.
people say different things about warri.The things that happened in warri happened in ife(ife/modakeke) in jos,in kaduna etc.Why don't say things about them.
Abeg if we no yarn about your mistakes, how we go go forward,Warri go ever be waffi,nothing go change the way we live,the way we talk the way we do every other thing,so please come back those that have gone and those plannig to visit,try it some day.Cheers
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by ztyle(m): 11:31am On Apr 19, 2008
Siena:

Seeing as there are so many brothers and sisters on here . . .

Urhobo waado!
Ughelli waado!!
Warri waado!!!
Amukpe waado!!!!

smiley smiley smiley
How come you know all dis?
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by ztyle(m): 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2008
and you're born in UK cheesy i see shocked
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by ztyle(m): 3:22pm On Apr 19, 2008
Shocked? because you sound like urhobo man,maybe we are two of a kind wink
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by ztyle(m): 6:36pm On Apr 20, 2008
Really?wow thats great, i once lived and school in Warri,effurun to be precise. What about you cool
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by ztyle(m): 11:42pm On Apr 20, 2008
Siena- u don't mean it? you schooled in Benin City, shocked if i may ask which school?

. . .*Wondering* if i know him somewhere* undecided
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by TheSly: 11:46pm On Apr 20, 2008
Siena:

I may be born in the UK, but I am Urhobo. cool
Unbelievable. . . . . cheesy
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by ztyle(m): 11:49pm On Apr 20, 2008
What's the meaning of that dude? embarassed
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by joemichel: 1:22pm On Apr 23, 2008
Growing up in Warri is a priviledge.It's a city like no other in the whole wide world.I attended FGCW where everybody is equal irrespective of ur background.D city now has a new look.Thanks to Ibori and Uduaghan.U've got to be there.The home of Nigeria's Premier Comedians.In Warri,almost everybody is a comedian.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by manchibabe: 10:43am On Apr 24, 2008
warri is a wonderful place to be considering the fact i am from there and most of my family and relatives all leave there.

thank God it is peaceful now, miss their pidgin english though becos d one u speak outside warri isnt as pure as the original,
Don Domigos, does it ring a bell to anyone cheesy
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by jaybee3(m): 10:47am On Apr 24, 2008
Make your city proud and post some pics
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by gbeborun(m): 9:28am On Apr 27, 2008
manchibabe:

warri is a wonderful place to be considering the fact i am from there and most of my family and relatives all leave there.

thank God it is peaceful now, miss their pidgin english though because d one u speak outside warri isnt as pure as the original,
Dom Domingos, sure rings a bell to me! DDC
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by PapaBrowne(m): 7:37pm On Apr 27, 2008
manchibabe:

ooooh! That purple and violet uniform that litters the streets of Edjeba after One O'clock! Nice memories yaaah?
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by gbeborun(m): 9:40pm On Apr 27, 2008
PapaBrowne:

ooooh! That purple and violet uniform that litters the streets of Edjeba after One O'clock! Nice memories yaaah?
Na u sabi!!!
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by Kennee(m): 10:10pm On Apr 27, 2008
Hahaha, naim really sabi
Anyway dom domingos was kool, '94 set here

All our Urhobo guys and girls, word up, or ratha, Mavo

Hey Stababy, where u at in Warri, let's av a date
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by gbeborun(m): 10:33pm On Apr 27, 2008
@Papabrowne
Did you have to liar about IBB's crib? That is Robert Mugabe's house.

Abeg, anybody fit post pictures of warri? it's been a while.

@Kennee, i left DDC around 95
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? by Kennee(m): 2:31pm On Apr 28, 2008
@Gbeborun, l guess maybe we kinda jammed each otha at one point then
My set kinda caused alota havoc be4 we left sha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Travel. Nigeria Vs. Other Countries. / Italy Tourists & Family Reunion Visa / Cape Town Gallery South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.