Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,125 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Babcock University Students Lament After School Fees Is Increased ( Pics ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babcock University Students Lament After School Fees Is Increased ( Pics ) (2498 Views)

Governor Amosun At The Convocation Ceremony Of Babcock University / Nigerians Share Before-and-after Photos Of Buhari, Lament Frail Looks / Babcock University Students Lament After Their School Fees Is Increased (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babcock University Students Lament After School Fees Is Increased ( Pics ) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:53am On Aug 19, 2015
Babcock University today unveiled the new school fees and many students aren't happy about it. One student told LIB that last year she paid N690k and now she's paying close to N900k this semester. See screenshots of the increased fees and what some of the students are saying after the cut…

Student Comments

"How can a school professing to be a christian institution increase fees so high? Last year I paid #600K and now I have to pay #922,380? The worst part is that school is resuming on the 31st of august! Pls I'm in my final year, I don't know how my parents will fund such a huge sum in such short time. Please help us! Let the whole world see how wicked, insensitive, and commercial this school is." on student said

"Our school suddenly increased the fees by well over N200k just a week before school resumes. Things are hard and the school isn't even considerate of that. They look for all avenues to exploit student, like making a N60k educational tab compulsory. Pls appeal to the school to do a downward review of the fee so as some of us won't have to drop out." another student told LIB.

"I am a student of Babcock University, 400level who is left with just a semester to leave school. However, just yesterday, it was noted that the school fees has been increased by almost 100%. For someone like me who is initially meant to pay 300k now is paying 580k. However, the students association tried their best to negotiate this out, but it seems like exercise in futility. We have decided to go through media to bring the attention of the public to help us fight this out, as students cannot protest as this will result to immediate suspension and expulsion from the institution." said another student

"Law Students will now pay 1.5million as against the 700/800k as of last session. Theology students will also pay 800k as opposed to the 350k they paid last session." a student said

http://lindaikeji..jp/2015/08/babcock-students-lament-after-school.html

Re: Babcock University Students Lament After School Fees Is Increased ( Pics ) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:56am On Aug 19, 2015
Is this part of church contributions to our society.

Re: Babcock University Students Lament After School Fees Is Increased ( Pics ) by Jadonaldson(m): 4:59am On Aug 19, 2015
Na wa ooo whose dat nigga above me anyways It is 1 & only Jadonz,always commenting first
Beat it if u can Lady F & Lala........... cool
Re: Babcock University Students Lament After School Fees Is Increased ( Pics ) by adorablepepple(f): 5:19am On Aug 19, 2015
Like Seriously? The 400level student and old student are not suppose to take part.That fee is meant for their new intake,they should calm down first.

But things are really hard now ooo. Lord have mercy
Re: Babcock University Students Lament After School Fees Is Increased ( Pics ) by HALLOWED: 5:45am On Aug 19, 2015
I think it's high time NUC started looking into this blatant exploitation of teeming Nigerians struggling to get education by the private varsity owners. This is one of the banes of capitalism. It is true that the school owners are into business but they shouldn't be allowed to frustrate the efforts and ambitions of their helpless students. I am sure if some students had known of this spate of increments in school fees, they wouldn't have registered and now only God knows the number that will quit their studies.
I'm not against increment in the school fees but that should be done reasonably based on certain standards.
The NUC should monitor to see that there is commensurate improvement in the standard of education offered and the general wellbeing of the students.
The school should be mandated to give at least 2yrs notice of such impending outrageous increase in the school fees and at what rate.
By so doing the students and their guardians can way their capacity to avoid going on school halfway.
Re: Babcock University Students Lament After School Fees Is Increased ( Pics ) by shollay09(m): 5:52am On Aug 19, 2015
Nawa ooo......
Though,I am not against increment in the students school fees but that should
be done reasonably based on certain standards and considering the fact that the economy of this country is in a shambolic state
Re: Babcock University Students Lament After School Fees Is Increased ( Pics ) by olasmith10(m): 5:53am On Aug 19, 2015
When i say some churches v actually deviated from d bases of Christianity and v however seen it as an avenue to make money..der is no explanation to dis satanic act by d so called church organization...Tell me am bn judgemental, buh either we judge or we don't, we ll all be judged, dis church organization establishing schools will v dier end in Hell...That's ao my younger bro paid almost 450k for tuition and hostel accommodation for SS3 first term in a deeper life sch!!!!..deeper life!!!
Re: Babcock University Students Lament After School Fees Is Increased ( Pics ) by seunlayi(m): 6:18am On Aug 19, 2015
this is exploitation, why don't Jesus weep on hearing this?

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Students Lament After School Fees Is Increased ( Pics ) by Cutehector(m): 6:56am On Aug 19, 2015
Well, schools are increasing school fees. Lecturers got to be paid and non acadamic staff. I advise parents who wish to send their children to private schools in nigeria to think twice about it. There are better schools in other african countries too and for a good amount. There are good schools in kenya, south africa, ghana, tanzania.
Re: Babcock University Students Lament After School Fees Is Increased ( Pics ) by dridowu: 7:10am On Aug 19, 2015
Private Universities are for the rich, so no complain.
If you are not happy, pack your bag and baggage to the nearest government owned university for admission.
But seriously, i thought those church university are built by church members tithes, so now those church members would not benefit from it.
Re: Babcock University Students Lament After School Fees Is Increased ( Pics ) by Bobbystanley(m): 7:36am On Aug 19, 2015
Thats wrong.

In my school (Igbinedion University Okada) The rules states that whatever u start with is what u would be paying until u graduate.

Only new intakes pay whenever school fees are increased.

(1) (Reply)

Cogent Reason Buhari Must Probe GOV Wike Now. / ''we Are Suffering Under Buhari''--kaduna Ram Dealers / Breaking : Abia Governor Acquire Private Jet After Court Victory. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.