Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? (1170 Views)

Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" / Udom Emmanuel Completes House (Mansion) In Just Months In Office -SaharaReporter / Who Takes The Credit? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by bongolistik(m): 6:59am On Aug 19, 2015
This got me thinking and looks like a serious issue to be addressed in the Nigerian polity to avoid unwarranted taking of credence or the argument that normally arises whenever a new government comes in and complete abandoned or uncompleted projects started by previous administration.

Now I want to ask in clear words; who takes the credit when uncompleted projects by previous government are revisited and finally get completed by a new government in charge?

Let's discuss some of these issues and address them as it will enable us avoid hitting up the Nigerian polity unnecessarily

"Governor Wike promises to complete projects started by Amaechi"
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by swtchicgurl: 7:00am On Aug 19, 2015
None of them. They are just doing their job!!!

If someone must take credit, then the masses should. They voted rightly.

1 Like

Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by bongolistik(m): 7:02am On Aug 19, 2015
swtchicgurl:
grin
are you the one frying that chicken in your profile pics? lipsrsealed
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by swtchicgurl: 7:02am On Aug 19, 2015
bongolistik:
are you the one frying that chicken in your profile pics? lipsrsealed

grin

Can a chicken fry chicken?
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by Cutehector(m): 7:03am On Aug 19, 2015
It annoys me when some nigerian girls are so daft wen it comes to political issues.
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by swtchicgurl: 7:04am On Aug 19, 2015
Cutehector:
It annoys me when some nigerian girls are so daft wen it comes to political issues.

I agree with you. Some naija girls no they try at all. E.g. mama peace grin
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by Cutehector(m): 7:06am On Aug 19, 2015
swtchicgurl:

I agree with you. Some naija girls no they try at all. E.g. mama peace grin
yea.. Its so so annoying angry
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by swtchicgurl: 7:10am On Aug 19, 2015
Cutehector:
yea.. Its so so annoying angry

Straighten your face. It's not like you can do anything about it.

grin
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by Cutehector(m): 7:15am On Aug 19, 2015
swtchicgurl:

grin
I can.. Gosh I wish thr is another angrier smiley here. angry sad
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by Abugab(m): 7:16am On Aug 19, 2015
Governance is a continuous process and every project started is meant to be completed because the purpose for the project which most times is the good of the people is what counts. Its not about the person in government but the act of governance. The issue of taking credit or no credit doesn't arise at all because they are meant to serve.

1 Like

Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by bongolistik(m): 7:16am On Aug 19, 2015
swtchicgurl:

grin
it is like you are a case study? tongue
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by Happiness87(f): 7:17am On Aug 19, 2015
swtchicgurl:
None of them. They are just doing their job!!!

If someone must take credit, then the masses should. They voted rightly.
learn to appreciate people, it is a morale booter.

that is why companies pay allowances and bonuses, and christmas and holiday gifts.
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by SomebodyLovesMe: 7:18am On Aug 19, 2015
The earlier we stop thinking about who takes credit and start demanding accountability from our governments, the better for us.

Each govt. has at least 4 years. They are rated on their overall performance and not on individual projects
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by SomebodyLovesMe: 7:20am On Aug 19, 2015
Cutehector:

How about the daft Nigerian guys? Real men don't make sexist remarks, because they are smart enough to know that smartness and stupidity cut across genders.
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by socialmediaman: 7:22am On Aug 19, 2015
Depending on the state of the project when concluded, either would take credit.

For instance, GEJ completed many OBJ power projects during his government but corruption refused electricity coming to the household of Nigerians due to shortage of gas to these stations. But immediately Buhari took over power, shortage of gas immediately ended, everyone started doing the right thing, will you still give the credit to GEJ? Buhari takes the credit of course because all we care about is availability of electricity not how many megawatts you claim to have built when we never see the electricity due to your own failures.
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by Cutehector(m): 7:23am On Aug 19, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:

How about the daft Nigerian guys? Real men don't make sexist remarks, because they are smart enough to know that smartness and stupidity cut across genders.
ehen.. Dem don start.. Its too early for arguments this morning.. I wana go have a delicious meal..
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by swtchicgurl: 7:30am On Aug 19, 2015
Happiness87:

learn to appreciate people, it is a morale booter.

that is why companies pay allowances and bonuses, and christmas and holiday gifts.

Ok.

When a govt does well, it gets a second term. After a successful second term, it earns the praise of the people.

Government officials also gets bonuses and allowances.
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by londoner: 7:42am On Aug 19, 2015
socialmediaman:
Depending on the state of the project when concluded, either would take credit.

For instance, GEJ completed many OBJ power projects during his government but corruption refused electricity coming to the household of Nigerians due to shortage of gas to these stations. But immediately Buhari took over power, shortage of gas immediately ended, everyone started doing the right thing, will you still give the credit to GEJ? Buhari takes the credit of course because all we care about is availability of electricity not how many megawatts you claim to have built when we never see the electricity due to your own failures.

No even Buhari has said he can not take credit. There was work going on under GEJ which is coming to fruition now. If that work was not done there would be no improvement now. People simply sitting up as you out it in itself does not repair refinaries for instance.....maintenance carried out on them does. Its like moving into a new home just in time for the previous owners gardening work starts to bloom. You would not look out into the roses and tulips in your garden and take credit. When others visit and compliment the garden and give you credit you would say the previous owner is the one that planted what they are seeing.

All these desperate attempts to attribute to Buhari is pitiful.....we all know he is yet to do anything. If anything it proves that GEJ was working and others were blocking....like they said they would.

1 Like

Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by Elummah(m): 7:42am On Aug 19, 2015
both
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by socialmediaman: 8:35am On Aug 19, 2015
londoner:

No even Buhari has said he can not take credit. There was work going on under GEJ which is coming to fruition now. If that work was not done there would be no improvement now. People simply sitting up as you out it in itself does not repair refinaries for instance.....maintenance carried out on them does. Its like moving into a new home just in time for the previous owners gardening work starts to bloom. You would not look out into the roses and tulips in your garden and take credit. When others visit and compliment the garden and give you credit you would say the previous owner is the one that planted what they are seeing.

All these desperate attempts to attribute to Buhari is pitiful.....we all know he is yet to do anything. If anything it proves that GEJ was working and others were blocking....like they said they would.

What I don't really understand is the desperation to give GEJ a name he doesn't deserve. Look, poor leadership doesn't earn good name anywhere in the world, I haven't seen. GEJ started the refineries but wanted to deliver them in 2016 for whatever silly reason, he lost election and there was no need for the laxity on the project. Did you see how they rushed the streetlight project in parts of Abuja after he lost election? Each PDP government was in the habit of using the same electricity as campaign promise since 1999 and GEJ proved that he was no exception, he wanted to give us stable electricity probably towards the end of his 2nd term so that we would vote PDP, don't you think that was pathetic? If not for his loss at the polls, things would have continued to wait till eternity before they work. The imaginary gas pipeline "vandals" disappeared on May 28 and our power generators started receiving adequate gas supply since May 29.

And when you blame "opposition" was his works not bearing fruits, remember it is CLUELESS to keep working with saboteurs who are making your administration ungovernable, it's unimaginable! He knew what he was doing, he was probably benefitting from all the sabotage, that's my best explanation and I have very good and solid reasons for this conclusion

1 Like

Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by tobechi74: 8:44am On Aug 19, 2015
Apc taking credit for all pdp Project but refuse to be helt résponsible for Their failure
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:47am On Aug 19, 2015
Government is a continuum.
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by bongolistik(m): 9:09am On Aug 19, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Government is a continuum.
yes it is, but why do new government often abandon some previous government projects in order to start up theirs if indeed the saw government as continuum?
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by eph12(m): 9:26am On Aug 19, 2015
socialmediaman:

What I don't really understand is the desperation to give GEJ a name he doesn't deserve. Look, poor leadership doesn't earn good name anywhere in the world, I haven't seen. GEJ started the refineries but wanted to deliver them in 2016 for whatever silly reason, he lost election and there was no need for the laxity on the project. Did you see how they rushed the streetlight project in parts of Abuja after he lost election? Each PDP government was in the habit of using the same electricity as campaign promise since 1999 and GEJ proved that he was no exception, he wanted to give us stable electricity probably towards the end of his 2nd term so that we would vote PDP, don't you think that was pathetic? If not for his loss at the polls, things would have continued to wait till eternity before they work. The imaginary gas pipeline "vandals" disappeared on May 28 and our power generators started receiving adequate gas supply since May 29.

And when you blame "opposition" was his works not bearing fruits, remember it is CLUELESS to keep working with saboteurs who are making your administration ungovernable, it's unimaginable! He knew what he was doing, he was probably benefitting from all the sabotage, that's my best explanation and I have very good and solid reasons for this conclusion
And these refineries are they working now ? Do you think they can be fully operational this year? From what's on ground i think 2016 is a reasonable target. By the way incase you don't know our government still pay for subsidy on a daily basis.
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by eph12(m): 9:27am On Aug 19, 2015
Four years is enough to start and finish a project so if a government can't why should they expect any praise?
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 19, 2015
Both parties must take the credit.
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by chernest2002: 10:46am On Aug 19, 2015
Na God win
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by socialmediaman: 12:02pm On Aug 19, 2015
eph12:

And these refineries are they working now ? Do you think they can be fully operational this year? From what's on ground i think 2016 is a reasonable target. By the way incase you don't know our government still pay for subsidy on a daily basis.

These refineries cannot immediately meet the needs of over 40 million liter daily requirement of Nigerians, but a sincere government would build refineries or license private refineries when it removes subsidy and promises to do so. A dishonest government on the one hand would rather not do that so that illegal oil smuggle and sale in the high sea black market can continue.

By the way, did you hear that NNPC would soon become sole importer of crude, and marketers can buy from it and distribute, pending the building of refineries? This is how a serious government who is not interested in shortchanging its citizens operates.

I've checked, I can't see, GEJ cannot reap where he didn't sow, it's not possible!

1 Like

Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by Pangea: 12:19pm On Aug 19, 2015
Nigerians take credit!
Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by eph12(m): 12:46pm On Aug 19, 2015
socialmediaman:

These refineries cannot immediately meet the needs of over 40 million liter daily requirement of Nigerians, but a sincere government would build refineries or license private refineries when it removes subsidy and promises to do so. A dishonest government on the one hand would rather not do that so that illegal oil smuggle and sale in the high sea black market can continue.

By the way, did you hear that NNPC would soon become sole importer of crude, and marketers can buy from it and distribute, pending the building of refineries? This is how a serious government who is not interested in shortchanging its citizens operates.

I've checked, I can't see, GEJ cannot reap where he didn't sow, it's not possible!
The past government said refineries would be ready by 2016, the present government in order to score cheap points told everyone that the refineries are ready. Now we're getting a different story. Before election subsidy is a scam after election subsidy can't be removed. This government should do away with their noise making, chest beating and propaganda. They would work faster.

1 Like

Re: Who Takes The Credit When A New Administration Completes Previous Projects? by socialmediaman: 12:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
eph12:

The past government said refineries would be ready by 2016, the present government in order to score cheap points told everyone that the refineries are ready. Now we're getting a different story. Before election subsidy is a scam after election subsidy can't be removed. This government should do away with their noise making, chest beating and propaganda. They would work faster.

Yeah subsidy was mostly fraud. 2013 GEJ approves over 2 spends over N2 trillion for subsidy, 2015 he loses election and Budgets only N200 billion for the same subsidy. N200 billion sounds like a more realistic amount.

(1) (Reply)

Wearing Of Rings On Fingers & Their Symbols / Lopsided Appointment??? Check This / Anti-saraki Forces Plan Mass Protests, Seek His Removal-the Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.