Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria (48729 Views)

Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) / GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government / Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 19, 2015
wristbangle:

I dey always feel u whenever u comment on a thread.

Well said bro. smiley
MY BOSS THANKS OHH, IN FACT!! NA YOU I SUPPOSE THANK THE MOST.
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by DECOtech(m): 11:23am On Aug 19, 2015
Syphax:

Did you really read what the OP posted? BTW,the word "MONEIES" don't exist ok?Don't make that mistake again.
The word MONIES does exist
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by chino11(m): 11:23am On Aug 19, 2015
Whether shoprite mall or mall what is the difference? Shoprite could decide to be anchor tenant or none-anchor tenant, what is the difference then? Please don't lecture me.

django1:

It's not a Shoprite mall, it's a mall with Shoprite as probably an anchor tenant.
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by Banter1(m): 11:24am On Aug 19, 2015
1979 this year hmmmmmmm! No comment.
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by asha80(m): 11:25am On Aug 19, 2015
phantom:
it isnt curious at all to me . I dont know about aba,but in PH,people appear to spend money "without thinking", unlike Lagos,where the average Man must rationalise his spending.
chai lol about spending money without thinking..it is saying most of ph are money miss road lipsrsealed
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by kossyablaze(m): 11:26am On Aug 19, 2015
2sex:
he asked you to shut up cos of the current BIAFRA agitation. You code? Serious, igbos are emabarrassing themselves.
I dnt even get d rubbish u talkn abt.Get lost boi

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by asha80(m): 11:29am On Aug 19, 2015
phantom:
it isnt curious at all to me . I dont know about aba,but in PH,people appear to spend money "without thinking", unlike Lagos,where the average Man must rationalise his spending.
chai lol about spending money without thinking..it is saying most of ph are money miss road lipsrsealed

2sex:
the average Nigerian is not creative nor daring enough.... Fear of losing money and in fact too many dumb people with lots of money but no idea how to use it to amass more wealth.
Do you know that 1 foreign COMPANY own Jumia, Kaymu, Jovago, Carmudi, Lamudi ?
I always thought jumia was owned by a Nigerian?
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by 2sex(m): 11:32am On Aug 19, 2015
asha80:

I always thought jumia was owned by a Nigerian?
if you wish to know the people behind Jumia, read my recent thread created this morning. Click through my handle to see it.
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by phantom(m): 11:33am On Aug 19, 2015
asha80:
i kid you not.
PH people dey spend Money anyhow.I dont know whether Its because of how the Money is made OR because wealth is more EVENLY DISTRIBUTED in the City.
Lagos People dey siddon plan every damn spending. Dem dey like UK People.... grin grin stingy as hell.
Lagos boy don plan exactly how much im go spend before im carry chick comot .... grin
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by asscb(f): 11:35am On Aug 19, 2015
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by asha80(m): 11:39am On Aug 19, 2015
phantom:
i kid you not.
PH people dey spend Money anyhow.I dont know whether Its because of how the Money is made OR because wealth is more EVENLY DISTRIBUTED in the City.
Lagos People dey siddon plan every damn spending. Dem dey like UK People.... grin grin stingy as hell.
Lagos boy don plan exactly how much im go spend before im carry chick comot .... grin
lol tbh I have noticed such behaviour amongst ph based or brought up folks
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by MyMouth(m): 11:44am On Aug 19, 2015
Btruth:
It does happen like that sometime Bros. In the UK, the Jews, Arabs dominated their business. America as well, the Jews, Italian and others bring in the investment. All that matters is money, investment and employment to come into the system, and that will create jobs for the youths and also help to drive the economy. We need more foreign investors, if Nigerian looters like, let them go and bury their wealth in the grave.
But some countries don't allow it, I know of India, they protect their retail market from foreigners.
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by Btruth: 11:53am On Aug 19, 2015
MyMouth:

But some countries don't allow it, I know of India, they protect their retail market from foreigners.
oh, really?
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by Rotimi47: 11:59am On Aug 19, 2015
phantom:

infact i think PHC will probably have not less than 2/3

Infact the SE/SS region may see about a third to half of the 14 if recent economic data are anything to go by.
Nigeria economic data is in favor of the South west which already have the largest Shoprite store in African located in Ibadan. The SS/SE can have 14 outlets but basing your comment on economic indices ain't correct.
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 12:01pm On Aug 19, 2015
Freemanan:

They don't believe in Nigeria.... They are scared that somedays, Nigeria will fail as a state hence disintegration beckons.
Yep. What they believe inside is different from what they parrot to deceive us. Our elite know that 9ja unity is very shaky. But they are too lazy and indifferent to change it. They know the surest place for their loot is abroad.
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by chybykee(m): 12:04pm On Aug 19, 2015
kossyablaze:
I dedicate this to all the Manchester United fans on NL GGMU
KOSSYABLAZE
Now playing Kanye West-All day

Ahead Ahead
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by omojeesu(m): 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2015
Competition strategies with Walmart on the way. But what will be the real gains to average Nigerians?
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by kossyablaze(m): 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2015
chybykee:

Ahead Ahead
Ball till we fall my nigga

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by kossyablaze(m): 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2015
chybykee:

Ahead Ahead
Ball till we fall my nigga

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by MyMouth(m): 12:10pm On Aug 19, 2015
Btruth:
oh, really?
Yeah! There are some sectors of their economy that the reserve for their citizens and retail is one of them. In as much as these foreign coys provide employment opportunities, we should not forget the issue of capital flight which puts us at a disadvantage.
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by anibi9674: 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2015
shevon:
Will PHC get one?
manage ur over hype SPAR like that .
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by Anyman: 12:17pm On Aug 19, 2015
Syphax:

Did you really read what the OP posted?
BTW,the word "MONEIES" don't exist ok?Don't make that mistake again.
MONIES- It is right depending on the context. Monies- is right if different currencies are involved.
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by mbulela: 12:55pm On Aug 19, 2015
shikshark:
yes make all the money you can make quickly.....walmart is coming on board, probably to kick you out of business
Walmart is already here.
They own GAME. So nothing special.
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by wristbangle: 12:58pm On Aug 19, 2015
Omotayor123:

Am I being interviewed now tongue

Yeah.. But currently on IT!

Eh ehn. Lol nope.
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by oguego(m): 1:13pm On Aug 19, 2015
kossyablaze:
I dedicate this to all the Manchester United fans on NL GGMU
KOSSYABLAZE
ablaze watsup....
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
20 months!that's way too long Anyways I can't wait for one to hit Ife or osogbo soon.
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by airsaylongcon: 1:54pm On Aug 19, 2015
The real koko is how can one get a job at this their Nigerian DC? High paced high pressure retail DC really gives me the kicka
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by penukz2015(m): 2:07pm On Aug 19, 2015
They are building one in owerri . Egbu road # shoprite owerri loading...
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by asha80(m): 2:24pm On Aug 19, 2015
penukz2015:
They are building one in owerri . Egbu road # shoprite owerri loading...
that location in owerri the wrongest place to site that in owerri..traffic around there would be hell when it commences
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by kossyablaze(m): 2:27pm On Aug 19, 2015
oguego:
ablaze watsup....
Lol dis manchy...I dey o.U?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by chineloSA(f): 2:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
pazienza:

This is true.

Unemployment level will rise and our poor people running small shops will be put out of business.

And worst still, the company Shoprite is not Nigerian, in the end they will remit their profits back to South Africa leading to more capital flight in the country.

We don't have industries to employ our people yet, most non government workers engage in one form of form of trade or the other. Shoprite is going to knock them all out of business in the long run, yet shoprite can only employ only but a handful of us.

So you are saying local people should wait for other local Nigerians to have money to invest?
So places should not develop because of lack of money to invest by Nigerians.
We (Nigerians) have been waiting for development for over 5 decades from our politicians and we have nothing to show for it.

I believe in FREE TRADE, and continuous dialogue to balance trade between countries.

I don't believe in restricting people with good business ideas because of their nationality. If you wanna trade in Sweden, there should be no restrictions either than illegal trade.

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by Behira(f): 2:32pm On Aug 19, 2015
kossyablaze:
I dedicate this to all the Manchester United fans on NL and my crush Behira
KOSSYABLAZE
kiss Tnx sugar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

25 Small Scale Business Ideas In Nigeria / Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" / Omofemiwa Ramat Ibrahim Is Dead! Fire Kills Jimoh Ibrahim’s Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.