Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,549 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures (7830 Views)

A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) / My Trip To The Asian Side Of Istanbul Turkey Pictures / My Trip To Kenya In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by ruffhandu: 9:59am On Aug 19, 2015
This is not my first trip ever to the Ranch, but this time, it was through a different route.

I had planned leaving through Calabar, but on second thought, I ran enquiries on alternatives and picked out Abakiliki route. Since I was advised Abakiliki-Obudu would be about 2-3hrs, where I knew Calabar-Obudu to be about 6hrs.

We left Ph around 8am and arrived Abakiliki around 1.45pm (N2000 by PMT). The road was very bad somewhere in Ebonyi state called Onueke. If you have all the time and want to avoid that lengthy bad road, I advise you go through Enugu, you'll even save yourself some N200.

We stopped at the 'Spera In Deo' Park, or so it sounded- I was told it's the major public motor park. I had lunch of
Akpu +Egusi+Ogbono and catfish tail pepper soup (N500 only).

We took off from the Park in a salon car eventually around 3.15pm. Buses charge N1,020 while the salon cost N1,220.

I'll be back for the Abakiliki-Obudu trip.
Re: My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by akpakoboy: 10:11am On Aug 19, 2015
No pix?
Re: My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 19, 2015
Following. Update with pic ooo
Re: My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by ruffhandu: 10:37am On Aug 19, 2015
akpakoboy:
No pix?
Of the park? Ok

Re: My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by mrsage(m): 10:56am On Aug 19, 2015
Wating.....
Re: My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by ruffhandu: 12:53pm On Aug 19, 2015
The trip from Abakiliki was another experience, a little off from what I was told. The road is clean from Abakiliki to somewhere in Ogoja.

The roadway was punctuated with a litany of uniformed men, paramilitary: NDLEA, Police, Road Safety Marshalls, Immigration and Customs. Not less than three Road Safety roadblocks, at least two NDLEA points, only one of Immigration and customs; police was almost every other mile.

The driver was funny. He had to present himself to each of them, even when not stopped. He would just step down on some occasions to go 'pay dues'. Once the Road safety corps were busy with other vehicles, and I was like to the driver "move na, nobody dey stop you", he made jest of that and remained like a docile lamb until road safety told him to 'clear well'. He went to pay his 'offering' and came back. That was the first FRSC we met, I never breathed a word to him again as he did his 'saraka'.

We took a left turn somewhere I suspected the right leads to Ikom, and after a while, we happened upon bad roads. Some parts were so bad one would have to slow down to meander, other parts would allow one the luxury of navigating while on a speed of up to about 80km/hr. The road was dotted with shallow holes.

Ogoja is a very big place. If it is one LGA, then it's too big to be. We traversed only Ogoja for almost an hour and half. Once we got to a place called Abuochichie, we took the right turn. It was then we headed for Obudu LGA, after Bekwara LGA.

After Abuochichie, we passed through the following settlements: Nyanya Ulim, Nyanya udigwe, Utugwan, Ukpirinyi, Ukwutia, Okwurogon, etc. Somewhere around this axis, Okworton, is where females speak a different language from the language of males, it's in Obudu LGA.

We arrived Obudu town around 6.20pm. A roundabout littered with okadamen, where a statue of an NYSC male corper stood.

A cab took us from there to the Ranch. The trip to the ranch was about an hour plus. If we had arrived earlier, before 4pm say,I could have boarded a taxi with other passengers and paid N500, then 1k or so up the Ranch. But I had to hire the cab for 6k because it was that late.

To go up the ranch, each person is to pay 1k at the gate.
If you came in your car, you'll have to hire a driver to drive you up.

The first welcome was a change in temperature as soon as we were on the road to the Ranch.
Then while on the way up the Ranch, there was a change in Atmospheric pressure, my ear experienced what it experiences while in an aircraft en route Lagos from PH.
Also, we started encountering the clouds.

I settled into a hotel around 9pm, after a N600 meal in one of the restaurants.

Re: My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by Pronmix(m): 1:47pm On Aug 19, 2015
Nice one, but OP dey knack us pictures as you go.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by ruffhandu: 2:03pm On Aug 19, 2015
The Restaurant

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by ruffhandu: 6:42pm On Aug 20, 2015
The lodge

Re: My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by ruffhandu: 6:46pm On Aug 20, 2015
I never knew there are locals in the ranch, see some shrouded in the clouds.

Re: My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by ruffhandu: 6:51pm On Aug 20, 2015
You'll do yourself a favour to wear clothes that'll protect you from cold. But don't worry, in case you forget to go with one, you'll be directed to a mini-market where you'll buy jackets.
Re: My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by ruffhandu: 6:52pm On Aug 20, 2015
Our tour guide, he is a native of the Ranch. He would give you the history like he created it.

Re: My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by ruffhandu: 7:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
Governor's lodge Reception

Re: My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by ruffhandu: 7:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
Check the background to see that the clouds are here with the people

Re: My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by mrsage(m): 7:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
Kindly share info about prices.
Accommodation and tour guide
Re: My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by Pronmix(m): 7:27pm On Aug 20, 2015
ruffhandu:
I never knew there are locals in the ranch, see some shrouded in the clouds.
The guy squatting in the fields is he doing what am thinking?

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by shanda(m): 7:33pm On Aug 20, 2015
Can we have the price list of the hotel rooms?
Re: My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by ruffhandu: 7:45pm On Aug 20, 2015
Pronmix:
The guy squatting in the fields is he doing what am thinking?

I don't know what he's doing bro.
Re: My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by ruffhandu: 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2015
Heading to the Canopy Walkway and Nature Reserve

Re: My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by ruffhandu: 9:23pm On Aug 20, 2015
shanda:
Can we have the price list of the hotel rooms?
The least is about 10k, it depends on what you want.
Re: My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by ruffhandu: 6:48am On Aug 21, 2015
More

Re: My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures by barrysome001: 9:40am On Jan 10, 2017
ruffhandu:
The trip from Abakiliki was another experience, a little off from what I was told. The road is clean from Abakiliki to somewhere in Ogoja.

The roadway was punctuated with a litany of uniformed men, paramilitary: NDLEA, Police, Road Safety Marshalls, Immigration and Customs. Not less than three Road Safety roadblocks, at least two NDLEA points, only one of Immigration and customs; police was almost every other mile.

The driver was funny. He had to present himself to each of them, even when not stopped. He would just step them down on some occasions to go 'pay dues'. Once the Road safety corps were busy with other vehicles, and I was like to the driver "move na, nobody dey stop you", he made jest of that and remained like a docile lamb until road safety told him to 'clear well'. He went to pay his 'offering' and came back. That was our first FRSC we met, I never breath a word to him again as he did his 'saraka'.

We took a left turn somewhere I suspected the right leads to Ikom, and after a while, we happened upon bad roads. Some parts are so bad one would have to slow down to meander, other parts would allow one the luxury of navigating while on a speed of up to about 80km/hr. The road was dotted with shallow holes.

Ogoja is a very big place. If it is one LGA, then it's too big to be. We traversed only Ogoja for almost an hour and half. Once we got to a place called Abuochichie, we took the right turn. It was then we headed for Obudu LGA, after Bekwara LGA.

After Abuochichie, we passed through the following settlements: Nyanya Ulim, Nyanya udigwe, Utugwan, Ukpirinyi, Ukwutia, Okwurogon, etc. Somewhere around this axis, Okworton, is where females speak a different language from the language of males, it's in Obudu LGA.

We arrived Obudu town around 6.20pm. A roundabout littered with okadamen, where a statue of an NYSC male stood.

A cab took us from there to the Ranch. The trip to the ranch was about an hour plus. If we had arrived earlier, before 4pm say,I could have boarded a taxi with other passengers and paid N500, then 1k or so up the Ranch. But I had to hire the cab for 6k because it was that late.

To go up the ranch, each person is to pay 1k at the gate.
If you came in your car, you'll have to hire a driver to drive you up.

The first welcome was a change in temperature as soon as we were on the road to the Ranch.
Then while on the way up the Ranch, there was a change in Atmospheric pressure, my ear experienced what it experiences while in an aircraft en route Lagos from PH.
Also, we started encountering the clouds.

I settled into a hotel around 9pm, after a N600 meal in one of the restaurants.
Thanks for the account you have given...Please complete this account, please!

(1) (Reply)

15+ Beautiful Places You Never Knew Existed Around The World / Photo Of Frozen Jean Pants Standing Alone As Extreme Temperature Killed 13 In US / America And Canada Not As Advertised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.