Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Generating Electricity - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Generating Electricity (794 Views)

Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. / How Electricity Is Generated From Water - HYDRO-POWER/HYDROELECTRICITY / The Secret Of Generating Free Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Generating Electricity by ElectGINeer(m): 10:46am On Aug 19, 2015
Please my O level texts only tell me how to generate electricity through bar magnets and horse shoe, how can I generate electricity through the Normal round magnet usually found in speakers.

Teempakguy, Robinhez, Dekatron, Johnydon22, Acorntree.

Re: Generating Electricity by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 19, 2015
ElectGINeer:
Please my O level texts only tell me how to generate electricity through bar magnets and horse shoe, how can I generate electricity through the Normal round magnet usually found in speakers.

Teempakguy, Robinhez, Dekatron, Johnnydon, Acorntree.
This is going to be a trial and error method. So, I suggest you acquire the materials first.

Now, I assume you've done that . . .

Simply take the coil, and put it through the ring. Essentially, you're replacing the bars with the ring. The same effect should apply.

If the ring has already been broken, I recommend using iron fillings to identify the poles. Then after this, arrange them in a parallel setup and the coil in them.

Try that first.
Re: Generating Electricity by menesheh(m): 11:10am On Aug 19, 2015
ElectGINeer:

Teempakguy, Robinhez, Dekatron, Johnnydon, Acorntree.

always endeavor to mention names rightly so as to alert the person. johnydon22
Re: Generating Electricity by Queed: 11:35am On Aug 19, 2015
[b]Hello!

Sorry about the delayed response....Finding it difficult to comment on social media this days....Putting up with this glossophobia issh.. and exam sef....postutme...next month!...

It might be quite long though...Thats how laconic I could get!

Alright... 

Will give my hands-on experience. Yeah! I actually did
something like this that did worked! (That was quite a long time ago, about 7yrs now!)

So, if you follow the procedures correctly to some reasonable extent, you might just get up to some
hundreds milivols (I got roughly 1.5v. How did I know? Well, I didn't know then....but I recall it lighted up a 1.5v tiny clock bulb close to bright!).

I assume you've got the magnet already

[color=990000] Mind you, stuffs I did and material used might sound/seem callow; but what do u expect?...I finished O'level
last year and was lucky enough not to repeat any
class...that's 6+1=7years. I was still in elementary school then! You shouldn't expect me using this or that law, formulas/equations! Melting iron, copper, steel and what have you!..The only thing theoretical about electricity I knew then was Ohm's law. I wanted something that would 'just' work; yes, I would have loved it if the generator I build powered my whole house, but that wasn't the basic goal...And I cared less about many things I would greatly care about if I am to build one now..not because I didn't want to care, but, because I never knew about them!....And it worked!![/color]

Yes! Ok! Ok! running out of patient, can we start now!? angry

..Issorite...let's get to work grin

From the picture you posted up there, its obvious you would probably make the magnet the "stator" while the coil the "rotor".....so you have a FIELD COIL EXCITED BY PERMANENT MAGNET generator.....

*Basic Stuffs needed*

1. Yoke - for mechanical support and to help
gather/strengthen some flux(just the outer body of the generator!) 

2. Armature - you wound the coil on it

3. Axle - to support the armature

4. Coil of cause!

5. Slip rings (yeah, its AC!)

6. Brushes

*Stuffs I used* (respectively)

1. Tin tomatoe grin (pangolo)

2. Crown cork  grin (canters) x2

3. Stick of a stick sweet 

4. Coil (got it from an old small transform)

5. Wire

6. Thick Wire

Lest I forget, you would need a small dc motor (why that look on your face?...don't tell me u intended using a turbine, perhaps, your fingers to spinn such an inefficient generator ...well, if your fingers can go at least 5 rev per sec. continuously, you might get some useful volt (maybe for your quantum bulb grin )..if it can't, go get a small dc motor if u wanna get pass the femto stage!) and a battery too!

1. The yoke

I was lucky enough to find a magnet that almost occupy the whole tin.....I know this might be the most difficult to get, but try to dig up more, if you still can't find, then let's forget the yoke! Get two more 'sticks of a stick sweet' (would call it 'sst' henceforth)
which are of same lengt and should be equal to the radius of the magnet. Get and a neat square/rectangular ply wood or plastic.(would call it 'sst' henceforth)

***puncture a tiny hole @ the center close to the end of the plywood, it shouldn't be too big for the SST to fall through it, place the SST on the hole, then screw it from under. Next, get a thick wire, use it to make a 'ring like' object that has a long outward projection( it shouldn't be longer than the SST tho grin ), this should be place inside the SST, this will support the axle from rolling off....(I feel you might not really get this ring like object stuff; think of a bat used in playing long tennis, yeah, that shape! like an 'O' at the top and an 'I' at the bottom..That's how the ring like / circular object should look like! ***

You wound actually make a duplicate of that on the opposite side of the plywood, the distance between them should not be more than the length of tha 'axle'(the third and maybe longest SST) that would carry and spinn the 'armature' (canters)...it shouldnt fall off easily from the two equal SST carrying the thick circled wire

here is a simple drawing of what am talking about...( i drew this with my fore finger right on my phone, an excuse for the poor drawinggrin
[/b]

Re: Generating Electricity by ElectGINeer(m): 11:48am On Aug 19, 2015
Queed:
Say something now...
Re: Generating Electricity by Dekatron(m): 7:55pm On Aug 20, 2015
ElectGINeer:

Teempakguy, Robinhez, Dekatron, Johnydon22, Acorntree.

try what teempakguy said. But I think you use a magnet to test poles. Iron fillings would be attracted no matter the pole. But using a mag, you know which is which.
Re: Generating Electricity by Queed: 7:56am On Aug 26, 2015
ElectGINeer:

Say something now...

go checking....I would update the rest when I've got free time
Re: Generating Electricity by ElectGINeer(m): 10:10am On Aug 26, 2015
Queed:

go checking....I would update the rest when I've got free time
I will be expecting you sir.

(1) (Reply)

Logical Explaination Of Disapearance Of Water From Kara, Ogun River / World's Largest Aircraft Takes First Flight Test (photos) / MTN Nigeria And Lumos Mobile Electiricity (24/7 Power Supply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.