Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash (29407 Views)

RSS Arrests Man Who Uses Nude Pictures Of Female Victims To Blackmail Them / NDLEA Arrests Man With Fake N9.8Million Notes In Kwara (Photos) / NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by Rasky10(m): 1:37pm On Aug 19, 2015
.Nabs another with 79 bags of weed in Abuja

The anti-narcotic officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), who were on a routine patrol on Monday along the Abaji-Abuja Expressway, had arrested one John Okafor for being in possession of N48m cash.

DAILPOST gathered that the 25-year-old man was reportedly one of the passengers of a commercial bus coming from Onitsha, Anambra State.

Following his arrest, Okafor maintained that the money belonged to an unidentified Bureau de Change firm in Onitsha. He claimed he was an employee of the firm and he was heading for the foreign exchange market in the Federal Capital Territory to convert the sum to dollars when he was arrested.

“I work for a Bureau de Change in Onitsha. I was asked to purchase dollars at the foreign exchange market in Abuja with the money. When we got to Abaji, our vehicle was searched and the money was found. That is all I know.”

Reports also reveal that that a drug dealer, Chukuka Ugbai, was arrested with 79 bags of weed, confirmed to have tested positive for cannabis, in Bako village in the Kwali Area Council, Abuja during the same patrol.

The drug which weighed 817 kilogrammes was found in his warehouse.

Ugbai had allegedly owned up to being an illicit drug dealer but expressed shock at how the NDLEA operatives were able to trail him to his residence.

He said, “I sell cannabis to take care of my family and pay my children’s school fees. I was not lucky enough because I don’t know how they detected my cannabis warehouse. The officers found 79 bags of cannabis in my store.”

The commander of the NDLEA, Mrs. Chinyere Obijuru, confirmed the two arrests in a statement in Abuja.

She said, “Okafor was on board a commercial bus from Onitsha in Anambra State when N48, 450,000 was found in a brown carton concealed in a sack. He also had in his possession, 86,500 CFA.

“He claimed that the money belongs to a Bureau de Change at Onitsha. He is suspected to be engaging in money laundering and will be transferred to the EFCC for further investigation.”

Chinyere further confirmed that Ugbai was arrested at Bako village in the Kwali Area Council following the discovery of his cannabis warehouse.

“Okafor would be handed over to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for further investigation, while Ugbai would be charged to court for unlawful possession of cannabis,” the NDLEA commander noted.

The NDLEA Chairman, Ahmadu Giade, said the agency would continue to clamp down on drug traffickers and urged the public to comply with the provisions of the anti-money laundering act.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/19/ndlea-arrests-man-with-n48m-cash-another-with-79-bags-of-weed-in-abuja-photo/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by wolesmile(m): 1:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
eeeeh woooo
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by sigiyaya(m): 1:49pm On Aug 19, 2015
I think i am the owner of that money cool cool cool cool cool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by stanbuggy(m): 1:49pm On Aug 19, 2015
Okafor! !!! Keep falling hands of we igbos. ..fool

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by Kaybee14(m): 1:49pm On Aug 19, 2015
This is serious.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by paragon40(m): 1:49pm On Aug 19, 2015
let see what the poster below me have to say...

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by Richie0974: 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
Drug trafficking, Online Scam all in a bid to get rich quickly.... Its better to have money late and have peace of mind than to have it quickly and not having peace of mind.... Well it's all vanity upon vanity

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by singlefade25(f): 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
Straight to kirikiri

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by otijah(m): 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
If he is working under BDC then this is no news and hey should return the money.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by VIPERVENOM(m): 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
Reports also reveal that that a drug dealer,
Chukuka Ugbai,

36 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by Teekrayne(m): 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
M
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by iyatrustee(f): 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
Abeg na weed them pack like bag of Rice so?

79bags of weed? na the whole Nigeria he wan high? Na wa oh!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by Clone2020(m): 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
Lord save our youth, nobody wants to work for anything anymore, everyone wants fast money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by iffydave: 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
Wow....

This is nothing but an ..........

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by asgat1love: 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
Orisirisi for dz country ooooo..... but still i nid liquid
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by Spam2: 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
tor
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
these are the biafrans bringing shame on the hardworking igbomen. Anybody that shouts biafra near you, check him very well, he is a criminal or a psychopath.

28 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by Swagk101(m): 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
Chukuka Ugbai & John Okafor...these people get east-ory of being hardworking #Yeeboes. *Lights my weed*

33 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by BabaEleko(m): 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
Like if you are a proud and intelligent "stoner". #FreeChukuka

5 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by Chykeboss(m): 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
there is an iota of truth in wat the man with cash is saying, but he should av been wise enough to know its risky carrying such amount in cash

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by Macdove02(m): 1:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
okay
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by kennyman2000(m): 1:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
speechless
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by Pavore9: 1:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
“I work for a Bureau de Change in Onitsha. I was asked to purchase dollars at the foreign exchange market in Abuja with the money. When we got to Abaji, our vehicle was searched and the money was found. That is all I know.” Are there no banks to use for the transaction? Dem never talk true!

5 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by Precious80: 1:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
Bad market chaii

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by jennybright(f): 1:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
Is that the bags of money at his back or what? Asim Kam jukwa
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by boboLIL(m): 1:53pm On Aug 19, 2015
Chai,,, make weed no scarce ohh

A friend wid weed is a friend indeed......

My guys una de unlucky naa.....sorry oh

That guy wey get mind cari 48m for commercial bus fit get mind to kee person....oh

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by EddyNumerouno(m): 1:53pm On Aug 19, 2015
Price of weed will just go up in abj
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by ibk4luv(m): 1:53pm On Aug 19, 2015
please is it a crime 2 have #48 m again ? If it iz I wonder what most senators are still doing on the street oo

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by yhemsy62(m): 1:54pm On Aug 19, 2015
Chaii
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by hakeem4(m): 1:54pm On Aug 19, 2015
I came to check the name as usual and grin

But they're business men in the making

N.B it's cause of people like this that weed is becoming scarce

9 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With N48m Cash by Goddygee(m): 1:54pm On Aug 19, 2015
Make i buy this plot of land first, beware of 419, this land is for the proposed S-B-A-N (Space Bookers Association of Nairaland) Headquaters, trespassers Beware !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Father Loses Baby During Hausa-Yoruba Clash In Mile 12 / Angry Woman Stabs Her Pregnant Co-Wife To Death In Lagos / Unknown Gunmen Kill Two Vigilante Operatives In Anambra (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.