Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

How A Bus Driver Allegedly Killed An 'okada Rider' - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How A Bus Driver Allegedly Killed An 'okada Rider' (538 Views)

Photos Of The Men Who Killed An Uber Driver In Lagos / Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers / Woman Allegedly Killed By Her Husband's Brothers...they Butchered Her [G.PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Bus Driver Allegedly Killed An 'okada Rider' by cubicc: 4:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
It was reported that the suspect allegedly drove carelessly and hit the bike rider identified as Musa on a busy road in the Alakuko area of Lagos state, which led to the bike rider sustaining injuries and later caused his death. A police source stated that the driver fled after hitting the bike rider but he was later apprehended and handed over to the police by a group of commercial bus riders popularly called okada after they trailed him for days. The source said: “The okada rider and the bus driver were heading at opposite directions when the bus hit the okada and caused him to crash. The bus driver did not stop despite the shouts from residents and other motorists that he had hit somebody . “Sympathizers however came to the rescue of the victim and they rushed him to the hospital. Other ‘Okada-riders’ trailed the bus driver but he abandoned his vehicle and went into hiding.” According to the police source, the suspect blamed the deceased for the accident. He said: “It was the okada man that drove roughly and hit himself against my vehicle from the rear. He (okada rider) was trying to navigate his way from a tight and busy angle of the road but he could not control the bike and he fell and hit his head against my bus. I fled because I did not want the angry mob to lynch me”.
Re: How A Bus Driver Allegedly Killed An 'okada Rider' by NoRetreat(m): 4:29pm On Aug 19, 2015
Haaa!!! The State Govt should gear up and re-activate state apparatus to curb this ugly incidents. I will not die but live to declare the glory of God in my life.
Re: How A Bus Driver Allegedly Killed An 'okada Rider' by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
ftc. Pls fronpage please admin. I dedicate dis ftc to newbies

Nice story
Re: How A Bus Driver Allegedly Killed An 'okada Rider' by ladyF(f): 4:33pm On Aug 19, 2015
Drive safely, dem no go hear. Now he has killed someone's breadwinner cry

1 Like

Re: How A Bus Driver Allegedly Killed An 'okada Rider' by Rapzino: 4:34pm On Aug 19, 2015
Hmmm
Re: How A Bus Driver Allegedly Killed An 'okada Rider' by Jaymaster(m): 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
OH NO

(1) (Reply)

Police Order Clampdown On MASSOB, Arrest 22 Members / **shocking** I Was Raped 43,200 Times / Popular Nollywood Actress Kidnapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.