Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs (2049 Views)

The Most Controversial Nigerian Celebrities Of 2017 / Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" / D'banj's Replies Man Who Said Nigerian Songs Are Only About Women (Video) (2) (3) (4)

Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 19, 2015
The List does not Consist of Songs that were controversial based on Ownership tussle ( Stolen song controversy) and does not include Diss Songs either but solely on the lyrical content or absence of it.

1) Jaga jaga - Eedris abdulkareem Jaga jaga which addressed the situation of the Country as at the time. attracted a lot of controversy to the extent that The then President of Nigeria. Olusegun Obasanjo banned the song from airplay.

2) If I die - Indigenous Rapper Dagrin released the song some time before his Death.The Song became extremely controversial after his death and sparked various rumours and stories concerning his untimely death.

3) Kerewa - Zule zoo Hit single.Kerewa was a very controversial tune when it came out.Filled with lewd lyrics and innuendos, The Song was banned from being played on most stations.

4) Dadubule - The Skaliey mental hit single.Dadubule,was more popular in the South and Western part of the country.With Very raw lyrics and sensual connotations,the song was banned by the lagos state house of assembly along saint janet album.

5) Story For The Gods - Olamide's Story for the gods became very controversial after being interpreted to encourage Rape.The sexual nature and Supposed encouragement of rape Gave a bad light to the song and Olamide' s reputation.

6) Hi- Tonto Dikeh Debut effort at music was met with a lot of controversy.Her first two singles were met with wide condemnation.Her Hi single was met with wide condemnation and generated a lot of controversies and funny memes.

7) Ashewo ( Nwa Baby) - Flavour's Nwa baby and ashewo song was laced with a lot of sexual undertones and lines.The song was highly controversial as the video didnt even help matters.

cool Once Bitten Twice Shy- The Track can be said to be the sole cause of Ruggedman and 9ice beef.9ice released the song alongside label mates and mentioned a cheating female who cheated with his friend. Who 9ice was referring to is still a source of controversy.

9) Mr President- African China's Mr president was another lyrically controversial song .The Song which lamented the poor state of the country did not augur well for the government.

10) In my Bed - Wizkid's In My Bed housed on His Joy album attracted a lot of controversy for the distorted lyrics and incompatible lines and was panned by a lot of critics.

Notable mentions

Vic O - After party
Most NBC Banned Songs
Shoki
Oritse Femi Flog politicians koboko
timaya Dem Mama
terryG

Written and Compiled by Iamsynord
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by vizkiz: 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2015
ladies sneh and gentelmen sneh,
I am your host for today sneh
they call me baddo sneh
Eyan nla sneh, eyan nla nla nla nla nla sneh...

what the heavenly furck is sneh

Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by INTROVERT(f): 4:49pm On Aug 19, 2015
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by adeyemi97(m): 4:49pm On Aug 19, 2015
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by SUGARBEE(f): 4:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
Controversial but most still trending
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by chudidonas(m): 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
Jaga Jaga most infuriated OBJ then.. But the citizens enjoyed the song
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
nice
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by vizkiz: 4:53pm On Aug 19, 2015
[quote author=INTROVERT post=37124939][/quote]

tongue
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by Stephansmily(f): 4:58pm On Aug 19, 2015
I see..
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by Drinkwater(m): 5:27pm On Aug 19, 2015
Who takes Vic O serious? That nicca aint no artiste.

Miley Cyrus rebranded Zulezoo's dance and named it "twerking"
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
..Cc lalasticlala,Ishilove
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 19, 2015
Cc lalasticlala
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by softvio(m): 9:19pm On Aug 19, 2015
That girl called Tonto mtchwww 169,999,999 Nigerians sing pass her...i stake ma cash here...u wan stake with me
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 19, 2015
Nice list OP even tho I don't know most of the old ones

What about Ladi grin
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 20, 2015
MrsPhyno:

What about Ladi grin
MrsPhyno:

What about Ladi grin
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 20, 2015
softvio:
That girl called Tonto mtchwww 169,999,999 Nigerians sing pass her...i stake ma cash here...u wan stake with me

Haha Boss ™
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 20, 2015
softvio:

Haha Boss ™,Tonto better Vic O at least ..
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by Chestar5(f): 10:38am On Aug 20, 2015
softvio:

You are right sha, am not a tonto bad belle o
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 20, 2015
vizkiz:
ladies sneh and gentelmen sneh,
I am your host for today sneh
they call me baddo sneh
Eyan nla sneh, eyan nla nla nla nla nla sneh...

what the heavenly furck is sneh

VizkizSneh
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 11:56am On Aug 20, 2015
[quote author=MrsPhyno post=37134080]Nice list OP even tho I don't know most of the old ones

What about Ladi grin
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
SUGARBEE:

Lol kerewa is Still trending
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by SUGARBEE(f): 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2015
Iamsynord:

Lol kerewa is Still trending

Yinmu, you can't see the exception?
SUGARBEE:
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
i believe "once bitten twice shy" was a case of a man's d*ck been sucked brutally by anoda man's wife to which the sucker and d suckee of said d*ck were caught red handed by said wife's husband leading to a series of beefs, disputes, diss songs, divorce & single parenting

Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
shockwave91:
i believe "once bitten twice shy" was a case of a man's d*ck been sucked brutally by anoda man's wife to which the sucker and d suckee of said d*ck were caught red handed by said wife's husband leading to a series of beefs, disputes, diss songs, divorce & single parenting

Choi
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
lalasticlala abeg ;Dlalasticlala abeg
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by Sommyangel(f): 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
I love controversial songs especially oga titus
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 20, 2015
Sommyangel:
I love controversial songs especially oga titus

lol is it that controversial ??
Re: Top Ten Lyrically Controversial Nigerian Songs by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2015
[quote author=RaDaZaBaNa post=37149829][/quote]
Lmao

Pic: Wole Soyinka And His Wife With Mo Abudu At The Cinemas / Lil Kesh New Hair Style / Peter Okoye Shares Cute Photo Of His Kids Celebrating Children's Day