Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

I Need An Advice I Have High Cholesterol - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Need An Advice I Have High Cholesterol (2539 Views)

Foods That You Must Avoid If You Have High Blood Pressure / 6 Things You Should Know About Your Cholesterol Level / How Can You Lower Your Cholesterol Level/ The Risk Of High Cholesterol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need An Advice I Have High Cholesterol by Shacool: 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
Am the same person that sought an Advice that my BP is high after many advice i received in this forum i went to the hospital yesterday so i complained to the doctor the problem that i have that my BP is high since last week so the checked my BP again it was 110 i was surprised so after 20 Minutes i told the doctor to rechecked it and it was 130 so the doctor told me that i don't have hypertension but i need to do a blood test so i went to the Lab and did the test they told me to come back today so i have went there this Afternoon and the lab test result is ready so i met the person in-charge of the Lab he told me i should come so the guy we rechecked my BP and my blood pressure was 140 and the Lab guy gave me a sealed envelope to gave to the doctor and i waited like 5 Minutes i told the guy that checked my BP to rechecked it again and it was 138 so i went to see the doctor with the guy that checked my BP and he entered first at the doctor office and gave the doctor the BP test and he told me to come in so i entered inside and gave the doctor the sealed envelope he told me that one of my cholesterol is high while the other one is normal so i asked him what is the cause of it he explained to me everything that since one is high it we keep on making my BP to be high that i need to stop eating fat, and stop drinking Energy drink or Lucozade. i should use only small salt in my food and eat only small meat. so he wrote the drug that i need to buy Atorvastain i should take one tablet before i want to sleep in the night that my cholesterol we come down normal but if i continue to eat fat, or use too much salt and too much meat it we continue . so he later said if possible i should also buy this drug Majaza it also have omega 3 but i could not find Majaza in any pharmacy shop i only brought Atorvastain i told him. he said that Atorvastain is the drug for cholesterol so i should leave Majaza drug so i told him should i buy fish oil with omega 3 he said no but my brother told me that fish oil with omega 3 help to lower BP . so my reason of creating this thread is to know if there is anybody who knows about cholesterol disease is it right for me to buy fish oil omega 3 and use it with Atorvastain drug. and what are other foods that i should not eat Thanks

This is the link to my Previous thread
I Need An Urgent Advice my BP is high
Re: I Need An Advice I Have High Cholesterol by Ginoo: 6:32pm On Aug 19, 2015
Bros i don't know what to advice you but i pray that you we get well soon
Re: I Need An Advice I Have High Cholesterol by tforever(m): 6:34pm On Aug 19, 2015
bro sure omega 3 will help but you have to know the right one.
Re: I Need An Advice I Have High Cholesterol by Lajet: 6:42pm On Aug 19, 2015
Special Considerations
Limit sugar and alcohol. They provide few nutrients but many calories. Therefore, they contribute to high cholesterol by increasing body weight. An overweight body contains excess fat that is saturated.
Certain habits, such as cigarette smoking and a sedentary life, can increase the risk of heart disease. Cigarette smokers should quit. Regular aerobic exercise (at least 20 to 30 minutes, 3 times a week) can lower cholesterol levels and help to prevent the build-up of cholesterol plaque. It can also reduce stress that may cause high blood pressure, another heart disease risk.
Fish should be eaten often, 3 or more times per week. Research indicates that certain deep-sea fish -- mackerel, salmon, herring, albacore tuna, lake trou -- contain an oil called Omega-3 fatty acid. This oil may help to lower blood cholesterol. Fish oil supplements, however, are not recommended because they add too many calories.
Avoid high sodium content in foods. Some patients with high cholesterol also have high blood pressure. Reducing sodium can help to keep blood pressure within normal limits. Table salt is about 1/2 sodium. Sodium is also an ingredient in many commercially processed foods. Common medications such as antacids, laxatives, and cough remedies can contain large amounts of sodium. Read product labels and use products with no more than 300 mg of sodium per serving. Herbs and spices can be used in place of salt to add flavor and variety to meals. Do not use a salt substitute unless the physician has approved it.
Increase complex carbohydrates, (pasta, whole grains, and potatoes) in the diet. Like fats, they are an excellent source of energy without the harmful effects fats can have on the body. But, read labels of commercially prepared baked goods, cookies, and crackers. These products are notorious for using highly saturated fats such as coconut or palm oils and hydrogenated fats.
Eat 20 to 30 grams of dietary fiber every day. Foods such as legumes, oats, barley, brown rice, apples, strawberries, and carrots are good to eat because they contain soluble fiber. Research indicates that soluble fiber helps to lower blood cholesterol levels. Supplements such as psyllium mucilloid (trade names: Konsyl, Metamucil) can lower cholesterol up to 15% when used daily. Oat bran is another soluble fiber that has the same benefit.
Choose meats carefully. Grading of meats (Prime, Choice, or Good) refers to fat content, with Prime grades having the most fat. Marbling refers to the threads of white fat running through a cut of meat -- the greater the marbling, the more fat. Read labels and avoid any meat product with more than 3 grams of fat per ounce.
Eating out can be a challenge. Avoid fast food restaurants; their foods are usually high in fats and sodium. However, many restaurants now understand the need to provide items for clients on fat or cholesterol-restricted diets. Their menus often contain words like "heart healthy" or have items marked with the symbol™. Ask about ingredients and how foods are prepared. Choose foods wisely and ask for smaller portions.

www.gicare.com/pated/edtot24.htm - 45k
Re: I Need An Advice I Have High Cholesterol by Shacool: 7:39am On Aug 20, 2015
Ginoo:
Bros i don't know what to advice you but i pray that you we get well soon
Ok thanks
Re: I Need An Advice I Have High Cholesterol by Shacool: 7:41am On Aug 20, 2015
tforever:
bro sure omega 3 will help but you have to know the right one.
Thanks i will check the pharmacy shop today
Re: I Need An Advice I Have High Cholesterol by Shacool: 7:43am On Aug 20, 2015
Lajet:
Special Considerations
Limit sugar and alcohol. They provide few nutrients but many calories. Therefore, they contribute to high cholesterol by increasing body weight. An overweight body contains excess fat that is saturated.
Certain habits, such as cigarette smoking and a sedentary life, can increase the risk of heart disease. Cigarette smokers should quit. Regular aerobic exercise (at least 20 to 30 minutes, 3 times a week) can lower cholesterol levels and help to prevent the build-up of cholesterol plaque. It can also reduce stress that may cause high blood pressure, another heart disease risk.
Fish should be eaten often, 3 or more times per week. Research indicates that certain deep-sea fish -- mackerel, salmon, herring, albacore tuna, lake trou -- contain an oil called Omega-3 fatty acid. This oil may help to lower blood cholesterol. Fish oil supplements, however, are not recommended because they add too many calories.
Avoid high sodium content in foods. Some patients with high cholesterol also have high blood pressure. Reducing sodium can help to keep blood pressure within normal limits. Table salt is about 1/2 sodium. Sodium is also an ingredient in many commercially processed foods. Common medications such as antacids, laxatives, and cough remedies can contain large amounts of sodium. Read product labels and use products with no more than 300 mg of sodium per serving. Herbs and spices can be used in place of salt to add flavor and variety to meals. Do not use a salt substitute unless the physician has approved it.
Increase complex carbohydrates, (pasta, whole grains, and potatoes) in the diet. Like fats, they are an excellent source of energy without the harmful effects fats can have on the body. But, read labels of commercially prepared baked goods, cookies, and crackers. These products are notorious for using highly saturated fats such as coconut or palm oils and hydrogenated fats.
Eat 20 to 30 grams of dietary fiber every day. Foods such as legumes, oats, barley, brown rice, apples, strawberries, and carrots are good to eat because they contain soluble fiber. Research indicates that soluble fiber helps to lower blood cholesterol levels. Supplements such as psyllium mucilloid (trade names: Konsyl, Metamucil) can lower cholesterol up to 15% when used daily. Oat bran is another soluble fiber that has the same benefit.
Choose meats carefully. Grading of meats (Prime, Choice, or Good) refers to fat content, with Prime grades having the most fat. Marbling refers to the threads of white fat running through a cut of meat -- the greater the marbling, the more fat. Read labels and avoid any meat product with more than 3 grams of fat per ounce.
Eating out can be a challenge. Avoid fast food restaurants; their foods are usually high in fats and sodium. However, many restaurants now understand the need to provide items for clients on fat or cholesterol-restricted diets. Their menus often contain words like "heart healthy" or have items marked with the symbol™. Ask about ingredients and how foods are prepared. Choose foods wisely and ask for smaller portions.

www.gicare.com/pated/edtot24.htm - 45k
Thanks this we help me alot

(1) (Reply)

Man With 80lb Scrotum Has Surgery To Remove The Giant Mass / Monistat 7 Vaginal Antifungal Cream For Sale At Micostarmall / Vitamin C For Acne – Here Is How Vitamin C Will Help You Overcome Acne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.