Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' (6736 Views)

“senate Will Only Accept Budget Submitted By Buhari” – Saraki / “senate Will Only Accept Budget Submitted By Buhari” – Saraki / We Will Only Accept Probe From ’99, Nothing Less – Igbo Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
Slovakia says it will only accept Christians when it takes in Syrian refugees under a EU relocation scheme.

The country is due to receive 200 people from camps in Turkey, Italy and Greece under the EU plan to resettle 40,000 new arrivals.

Interior ministry spokesman Ivan Metik said Muslims would not be accepted because they would not feel at home.

The UN's refugee agency (UNHCR) called on countries to take an "inclusive approach" to relocation.

But Mr Metik denied the move was discriminatory and said it was intended to ensure community cohesion.
'Not going to like it'

The number of migrants at the EU's borders has surged in recent months, reaching a record high of 107,500 in July. Most are Syrians, Afghans, and sub-Saharan Africans, fleeing instability or poverty.
Refugees pray at a Greek Orthodox church on the Greek island of Lesbos. About 10% of Syria's population were Christian before the country's conflict started

Last month, EU member states agreed to take in 32,000 asylum seekers arriving in Italy and Greece over the next two years - fewer than the 40,000 target.

The scheme was made voluntary after some nations - including Slovakia - refused to accept set quotas.

Mr Metik told the BBC: "We want to really help Europe with this migration wave but... we are only a transit country and the people don't want to stay in Slovakia.

"We could take 800 Muslims but we don't have any mosques in Slovakia so how can Muslims be integrated if they are not going to like it here?"

EU Commission spokeswoman Annika Breithard said she could not comment directly on the Slovak statement, but stressed that EU states were banned from any form of discrimination.

Meanwhile Babar Baloch, Central Europe spokesman for the UNHCR, said: "Resettlement is greatly needed for many refugees who are at extreme risk among the world's most vulnerable groups.

"We encourage governments to take an inclusive approach while considering refugees for resettlement and should not base their selection on discrimination."

More than 240,000 migrants have crossed the Mediterranean already this year, arriving on the shores of Greece and Italy before travelling on to other destinations.

Germany, the biggest recipient of asylum-seekers in the EU, has said it could receive as many as 800,000 applicants this year.

The numbers are far higher than the record 438,000 asylum applications in 1992 during the Bosnian crisis.

Both the EU and the UN have called on other countries to share the burden.

But EU leaders face a public backlash amid tensions over immigration.

Last month, EU member states agreed to take in 32,000 asylum seekers arriving in Italy and Greece over the next two years - fewer than the 40,000 target.

The scheme was made voluntary after some nations - including Slovakia - refused to accept set quotas.

Mr Metik told the BBC: "We want to really help Europe with this migration wave but... we are only a transit country and the people don't want to stay in Slovakia.

"We could take 800 Muslims but we don't have any mosques in Slovakia so how can Muslims be integrated if they are not going to like it here?"

read more:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33986738

2 Likes

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by Paschal001: 9:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
Ok
Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by DaBullIT(m): 9:41pm On Aug 19, 2015
Not all muslims are terrorists , But all terrorists are Muslims

Slovakia has a good reason not to accept muslim , displaced migrants

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by donholy28(m): 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2015
Dem no want boko...na so dem dey do...if u allow dem enter dem go go bring their brothers

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by funkybully(f): 9:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
Slovakians are wise. Don't bring in the ant infested firewood that will cause agama lizards to pay u visit.

Biafrans murunu anya ka ndi Slovakia, Ebonyi state na Imo, mmiri ga erikwa unu

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by Capableben(m): 9:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
c
Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by Brightology2(m): 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
Who will want 2 wlkum a terrorist religion called islam. Blood sucking demons

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
Europe is truly under siege. England has fallen, France is close to falling. They have invaded Germany as well. Europe is just waking up.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by Ezemust: 9:58pm On Aug 19, 2015
very nice

1 Like

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by Kingspin(m): 10:00pm On Aug 19, 2015
I do not blame them at all, these Islam of a thing cannot do without killing and war in Qur'an.

18 Likes

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by wisdomguy4u(m): 10:01pm On Aug 19, 2015
Prevention is better than cure

25 Likes

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 19, 2015
Interesting to see how the UN and Amnesty International will view this. Does Slovakia have the right to ban Muslims from entering their country?

4 Likes

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by seankay(m): 10:21pm On Aug 19, 2015
Slovakia chop knuckle. Say no to bombings lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

34 Likes

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by SomebodyLovesMe: 10:33pm On Aug 19, 2015
Slovakia cannot be blamed. Accepting muslims will be opening the doors to radicalisation in that country, as has been seen in other countries.

19 Likes

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
CuckoldMaster:
Interesting to see how the UN and Amnesty International will view this. Does Slovakia have the right to ban Muslims from entering their country?
I reserve my comments, don't want midolian to fine me
Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 19, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

I reserve my comments, don't want midolian to fine me

Yes, but running away from the problem is not the solution. Surely, people must be concerned about what is going on in the world. What are leaders doing about it?
Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by Cmoyor: 10:45pm On Aug 19, 2015
Lobatan
Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 19, 2015
DaBullIT:
Not all muslims are terrorists , But all terrorists are Muslims

Slovakia has a good reason not to accept muslim , displaced migrants
They will become terrorist sooner or later

10 Likes

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by atlwireles: 10:47pm On Aug 19, 2015
Slovakia, more power, very smart move. Tomorrow islamic refugees will be complaining about your customs and laws. Just keep them out. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by Tunguy01(m): 10:48pm On Aug 19, 2015
Religion , I pity dos guys above me spewing trash,Islamic is more enlightening dat Christianity, am a Christian thou bt 1 qustn I want 2 ask is , IS Jesus Christ a Muslim or I dnt knw., why do xtians calls on Jesus name while praying, why nt God, d last time I checked, he was a prophet like mohammed nd Moses, dnt 4get d gods (obatala,orunmila) were prophet too.., religion is confusing, just be moral !!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by nerodenero: 11:20pm On Aug 19, 2015
Tunguy01:
Religion , I pity dos guys above me spewing trash,Islamic is more enlightening dat Christianity, am a Christian thou bt 1 qustn I want 2 ask is , IS Jesus Christ a Muslim or I dnt knw., why do xtians calls on Jesus name while praying, why nt God, d last time I checked, he was a prophet like mohammed nd Moses, dnt 4get d gods (obatala,orunmila) were prophet too.., religion is confusing, just be moral !!!!
You are not a Christian undecided

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by airmark(m): 11:24pm On Aug 19, 2015
Tunguy01:

After you finish the 12th bottle of orijin, go and sleep, tomorrow come and delete your senseless comment above.

53 Likes

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by tociano009(m): 11:27pm On Aug 19, 2015
Tunguy01:

24 Likes

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by saints2(f): 11:32pm On Aug 19, 2015
The Yorubas have a saying, 'Eru kan lon muni bu igba eru', though am not a muslim, whatever sanctions they mete against them is never their fault, everyone trying to be security conscious

God bless the world

4 Likes

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by walemoney007(m): 11:35pm On Aug 19, 2015
Tunguy01:
little boy u are a muslim,b proud of ur religion..u must b an abok1 muslim grin

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by Vicadonis(m): 11:37pm On Aug 19, 2015
Prevention is better than cure...if you know what I mean

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by ManTiger(m): 11:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
Tunguy01:
You are not a christian as you claim... He said he has given us a name that is above every other name that in Jesus name...

I know you spew that rubbish for "Likes Sake", I don spot you how you dey always beg for "Likes".

33 Likes

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by dayowunmi(m): 11:42pm On Aug 19, 2015
airmark:

After you finish the 12th bottle of orijin, go and sleep and tomorrow come and delete your senseless comment above.
Lolz, he's a christian and he's asking why Christians call on Jesus during prayer. He's like a person asking why is manchester city based in the city of manchester.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:45pm On Aug 19, 2015
Islam the most peaceful religion

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by CyberWolf: 11:46pm On Aug 19, 2015
Very good move by Slovakia..Some countries are beginning to wake up to reality that Islam is a dangerous cancer to this world. I wonder why all this Muslim countries are not taking in this Muslim refugees?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' by DaBullIT(m): 12:40am On Aug 20, 2015
Tunguy01:

Jesus taught disciples how to pray , Our Father Who art in heaven

However the Bible also instructs that when you pray , you ask in the name of Jesus , Jesus was more than a prophet mind you , He's the son of God , to me , it's like aiming a rifle , to shoot the right target, You ask in the name of the most favored son of God , you are bound to be answered

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market / Why Some Yoruba Cities Look Big / Electoral Act Amendment Won’t Guarantee Free Polls – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.