Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,632 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Nigerian E-passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian E-passport (774 Views)

Nigerian E Passport Microchips / What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? / Getting A New Nigerian E-passport When Old Passport Is Lost (in London) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian E-passport by afortress(m): 10:26pm On Aug 19, 2015
Hello, I have three names of my e passport but every other documents has two... The third name is my other name... Will this disqualify me from any visa procurement an embassy? I wanna know because am thinking of a trip...
Re: Nigerian E-passport by delishpot: 10:31pm On Aug 19, 2015
I Dont think so.
Re: Nigerian E-passport by mikolosis(m): 10:43pm On Aug 19, 2015
I guess u tendered some official documents to immigration officers b4 they proceeded in capturing you bio data,ur epassport should hv been synchronized with d 2 names u hv in ur documents,once u go to any embassy,they must seek harmonisation of ur names,esp if its shengen visa countries,my advice to u is this,simply to go NIS headquarters in abj and apply for a name change,so that it would be in sync wit all ur documents b4 u proceed to any embassy.
Re: Nigerian E-passport by afortress(m): 1:07pm On Aug 20, 2015
mikolosis:
I guess u tendered some official documents to immigration officers b4 they proceeded in capturing you bio data,ur epassport should hv been synchronized with d 2 names u hv in ur documents,once u go to any embassy,they must seek harmonisation of ur names,esp if its shengen visa countries,my advice to u is this,simply to go NIS headquarters in abj and apply for a name change,so that it would be in sync wit all ur documents b4 u proceed to any embassy.

Thank you very much... I was adviced by someone to add an affidavit of additional name that it would cover it if the cost of removing the third name becomes too much... And also the passport is near expiry... Can I simply remove the names while renewing?
Re: Nigerian E-passport by mikolosis(m): 5:56am On Aug 22, 2015
Immigration officers in enrolment platforms cnt change or modify any name in ur data,name change is done in abuja,once ur doin a reissue,its only ur face that is captured,all other info cnt be amended,u dnt even hv to bring another guarantor,hope we are talkin about epassport here?

(1) (Reply)

Grad School In USA / Photo: See What I Saw In A Bus To Port Harcourt Today / The World's Most Powerful Passports Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.