Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,577 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Getting A New Nigerian E-passport When Old Passport Is Lost (in London) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A New Nigerian E-passport When Old Passport Is Lost (in London) (947 Views)

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) / What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting A New Nigerian E-passport When Old Passport Is Lost (in London) by MeloX2: 11:57pm On Jan 02, 2016
Hi All,

I wonder if any of you have had experience with applying for a new passport when you can't find your old one.

I've applied for an e-passport and have my interview next week in London, one of the requirements is to bring your old passport which I cannot find, I know it isn't lost and somewhere in the house. This passport was a child's passport and expired 20 years ago when I was 17. I never got it renewed but now I will be travelling to Nigeria this year and next so need a passport.

I saw the requirements for a lost passport but it seems like an endless list, I wouldn't report an expired child's passport to the police especially when I know it's in the house somewhere so won't have a police report. Plus it seems these are the requirements for a lost current passport

I have tried to email/call the Nigerian embassy in London but get no answer/no one picks up the phone.
Re: Getting A New Nigerian E-passport When Old Passport Is Lost (in London) by makingsense(m): 12:03am On Jan 03, 2016
Give me your digit. Let me talk to ma dad(buhari) about it
Re: Getting A New Nigerian E-passport When Old Passport Is Lost (in London) by freakthingz(m): 12:08am On Jan 03, 2016
Hmm your on a long thing

Don't know about london butin the embassy in Dublin you will have to be going in everyday for like 2weeks before they attend to you

me i don get euro passport so na visa i dey use
Re: Getting A New Nigerian E-passport When Old Passport Is Lost (in London) by MeloX2: 12:19am On Jan 03, 2016
freakthingz:
Hmm your on a long thing

Don't know about london butin the embassy in Dublin you will have to be going in everyday for like 2weeks before they attend to you

me i don get euro passport so na visa i dey use

I travelled once to Nigeria in those 20 years with a visa but now I'll be going more often so wanted a passport and the visa is now over £200.
Re: Getting A New Nigerian E-passport When Old Passport Is Lost (in London) by johnkent(m): 2:11am On Jan 03, 2016
If they give you a hard time at the embassy, get yourself a visa and get the passport when you get to nigeria.
You could tell them you've never had a nigerian passport. They've got no way to look up old passports from 20 years ago.
Make sure you have all the documents for first time passport applicants.

1 Like

Re: Getting A New Nigerian E-passport When Old Passport Is Lost (in London) by Sankabson(m): 9:13am On Jan 03, 2016
johnkent:
If they give you a hard time at the embassy, get yourself a visa and get the passport when you get to nigeria.
You could tell them you've never had a nigerian passport. They've got no way to look up old passports from 20 years ago.
Make sure you have all the documents for first time passport applicants.
the best suggestion right here. it will much more easy to get here in Nigeria. if You 're loaded You can get it that same day.

bless
Re: Getting A New Nigerian E-passport When Old Passport Is Lost (in London) by Lexusgs430: 1:05pm On Jan 03, 2016
MeloX2:
Hi All,

I wonder if any of you have had experience with applying for a new passport when you can't find your old one.

I've applied for an e-passport and have my interview next week in London, one of the requirements is to bring your old passport which I cannot find, I know it isn't lost and somewhere in the house. This passport was a child's passport and expired 20 years ago when I was 17. I never got it renewed but now I will be travelling to Nigeria this year and next so need a passport.

I saw the requirements for a lost passport but it seems like an endless list, I wouldn't report an expired child's passport to the police especially when I know it's in the house somewhere so won't have a police report. Plus it seems these are the requirements for a lost current passport

I have tried to email/call the Nigerian embassy in London but get no answer/no one picks up the phone.

Reporting your passport lost or stolen, is your best option. The passport is lost, because you cannot find it!!
Re: Getting A New Nigerian E-passport When Old Passport Is Lost (in London) by tpiar: 3:47pm On Jan 03, 2016
The info should be available from the embassy.
Re: Getting A New Nigerian E-passport When Old Passport Is Lost (in London) by MeloX2: 1:30am On Jan 04, 2016
Thanks guys, my appointment at the embassy is this week so fingers crossed it all goes well.
Re: Getting A New Nigerian E-passport When Old Passport Is Lost (in London) by tpiar: 3:02am On Jan 04, 2016
we didnt ask for that info however?

(1) (Reply)

Nnewi: Perfect Destination For The Budget Traveler / Best Spots For Pizza In Lagos / Uganda Takes Visa Application Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.