Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,710 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard (17841 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo Fights For Boxing Title- The Vanguard / Next In Olubadan’s Succession Queue Dies At 91 / Ooni Of Ife: The Titanic Succession Battle Begins - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
Zico5:

Go to ur lineage and tell them that. It has been in history of ife that kingship is on rotation right from our fore fathers. Why can't u go and pick sijuade son and name him next Ooni. The next king is from Giesi and there re prominent people from the ruling house.
if it's by rotation, kindly tell us why Ogboru has produced 2 Ooni, Oshinkola 3, giesi 6 and Lafogido 7. Also, in the last 100 years, why has Ogboru produced 2 kings with just 2 ruling houses in between their reign.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Tonytonex(m): 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2015
hmmm! Game of Thrones season six
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
Zico5:

Then u must be a bastard if u don't know the tradition. Let me give u a clue, Okunade sijuade was not entitled to the throne when he was chosen. That is why his reign was marred by blood cos is like stealing from peter to pay paul. Ife must be peaceful again and that is why the round peg must be in round hole. So go and learn history
Derin ologbenla's(giesi) reign was one of the bloodiest in the history of ife, if not the bloodiest. So does that mean he was not entitled to the throne when he was chosen.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by whobdisguy: 2:50pm On Aug 20, 2015
Let the Game of Thrones begin..
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by babyfaceafrica: 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
mikaael:

Seems ur new to the game...its a rotation policy that has long bn iin existence in this clime...Older folks wud knw better
is it IFA dat rotates or kingmakers?..if kingmakers ..then whts the use of asking oracle,if you humans can decide for themselves.let's put it like this if the kingmakers select a candidate from giesi ruling house ..wht if IFA chooses from another ruling house nd rejects the kingmakers candidate?
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by harbeedaymee(f): 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
JackDaniels1:
Have you heared of Prince Sikiru Ayedun aka SK.Watch out for him.
He is a successful business man in Maritime sector and immediate past Commissioner for Culture and Tourism in the state of Osun.He is also from Geisi family.My investigation reveals that his Dad was supposed to be crowned King before the late Ooni Sijuade used his connection and Wealth to chance him.The Oracle might favour him.WATCHOUT FOR HIM

Chop knuckle! I haven constantly stated it on this forum that the late Ooni Sijuwade was wrongfully crowned in 1980. The Giesi family should have produced the next king. I guess Sijuwade used his money and influence to buy the kingmakers smiley smiley smiley
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 20, 2015
whobdisguy:
Let the Game of Thrones begin..
na real game of thrones. Some royal families would even betray each other on this tussle for the throne of Oduduwa.lol
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by tpiander: 3:21pm On Aug 20, 2015
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by tpiander: 3:21pm On Aug 20, 2015
i assume one general option in choosing a a successor would be if the person had already been raised in the palace and groomed specifically for the position all along.

unless this method is contraindicated.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
tpiander:
i assume one general option in choosing a a successor would be if the person had already been raised in the palace and groomed specifically for the position all along.

unless this method is contraindicated.
The last Ooni's were not groomed in a palace. Also ooni's past(with the exception of sijuwade) have lots of children running into 100's hence the king even hardly had time for them.
It's not like the Benin or British monarch where one family line has been producing the kings.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by tpiander: 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
the thread is about Ife, not Benin.

I doubt Benin would keep mentioning Ife when discussing their king.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 20, 2015
tpiander:
the thread is about Ife, not Benin.

I doubt Benin would keep mentioning Ife when discussing their king.
well. I am from ife related to both lafogidi and oshinkola and to your question about grooming. We don't groom future kings at the enu owa palace in ile ife if that is what you want to hear.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by tpiander: 5:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
saxywale:

well. I am from ife related to both lafogidi and oshinkola and to your question about grooming. We don't groom future kings at the enu owa palace in ile ife if that is what you want to hear.

The late Ooni was groomed by Ooni Aderemi, his predecessor.

Your name dropping is not really unique to you alone since there are many people who can claim the same.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
tpiander:

Your name dropping is not really unique to you alone since there are many people who can claim the same.
Rubbish..Aderemi is my great Grandfather so I know that is not true.
And Oba Ademiluyi (I have ademiluyi cousins), the ooni before Aderemi even hated the Oshinkola as the family was very rich, their popularity was outshining that of his reign, so how could he have groomed any of the Oshinkola's.
You are not even from Ife so how would you even know.
Also, Sijuwade never groomed any one to succeed him as he can't double as an afobaje and an Ooni at the same time.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Olayinkaoj(m): 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
The anointed one. Dr. Ramon Adedoyin. Maye of the World.

Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by tpiander: 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2015
saxywale:

Rubbish..Aderemi is my great Grandfather so I know that is not true.
And Oba Ademiluyi (I have ademiluyi cousins), the ooni before Aderemi even hated the Oshinkola as the family was very rich, their popularity was outshining that of his reign, so how could he have groomed any of the Oshinkola's.
You are not even from Ife so how would you even know.
Also, Sijuwade never groomed any one to succeed him as he can't double as an afobaje and an Ooni at the same time.

are you the only descendant of Aderemi (even if you're not lying), so why are you speaking as if nobody else is from the family?

taboo!
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2015
Olayinkaoj:
The anointed one. Dr. Ramon Adedoyin. Maye of the World.
LOL...Adedoyin is not even an ife prince.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
tpiander:

are you the only descendant of Aderemi (even if you're not lying), so why are you speaking as if nobody else is from the family?

taboo!
There are over 500 grandchildren and great grandchildren of Aderemi, if we add the remaining Akui clan, Adewuyi and Adeyemi, the number would grow over 1500...You can choose to believe or not, that is your headache.
For your info, i don't care which or what family the ooni elect comes from as I am not interested in becoming one, as you can see, i don't even live in Nigeria. I am just hear to set the record straight and correct false information being posted all over nairaland.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by olojo1: 7:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
Lolss
Hope the ABOBAKU house are getting prepare to produce the wine and dine with new oni.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Olayinkaoj(m): 7:28pm On Aug 20, 2015
saxywale:

LOL...Adedoyin is not even an ife prince.

I am not saying otherwise, but just waiting for a miracle to happen in his favour. If we are to look at his contributions to the development of the town, he has tried his bit, that surpasses that of any other person. From my own point of view, I may be wrong though.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Zico5(m): 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2015
saxywale:

Derin ologbenla's(giesi) reign was one of the bloodiest in the history of ife, if not the bloodiest. So does that mean he was not entitled to the throne when he was chosen.
Did u try to find out what Derin fought for and the what followed. U don't know anything about ife though u may be born there. As well I don't have to respond to u but only to let u know that ife is ready to make it right this time around.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
Zico5:

[s]Did u try to find out what Derin fought for and the what followed. U don't know anything about ife though u may be born there[/s]. As well I don't have to respond to u but only to let u know that ife is ready to make it right this time around.
Because na you be the oracle abi.... cool
Olayinkaoj:

I am not saying otherwise, but just waiting for a miracle to happen in his favour. If we are to look at his contributions to the development of the town, he has tried his bit, that surpasses that of any other person. From my own point of view, I may be wrong though.
I believe in miracles too. Case closed.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by tpiander: 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
saxywale:

There are over 500 grandchildren and great grandchildren of Aderemi, if we add the remaining Akui clan, Adewuyi and Adeyemi, the number would grow over 1500...You can choose to believe or not, that is your headache.
For your info, i don't care which or what family the ooni elect comes from as I am not interested in becoming one, as you can see, i don't even live in Nigeria. I am just hear to set the record straight and correct false information being posted all over nairaland.

aren't you one of the people posting the false information?

at this rate, its starting to seem like people might have run towards the ships rather than away from them, going by the high level of clueless and mischievous folks we are seeing here.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
Olayinkaoj:

Adedoyin is not a prince and has no link whatsoever to the throne.

So forget any miracle you are expecting.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
tpiander:

Screw grooming.
Aderemi did not groom Sijuade, they might have had interactions as cousins through Lajoodogun.

Ife throne does not get occupied by grooming.

1 Like

Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 21, 2015
harbeedaymee:

Chop knuckle! I haven constantly stated it on this forum that the late Ooni Sijuwade was wrongfully crowned in 1980. The Giesi family should have produced the next king. I guess Sijuwade used his money and influence to buy the kingmakers smiley smiley smiley

You still have not stated how he used his money to buy the kingmakers.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by tpiander: 7:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
9jacrip:

Screw grooming.
Aderemi did not groom Sijuade, they might have had interactions as cousins through Lajoodogun.

Ife throne does not get occupied by grooming.

just stay out of it and let the kingmakers do their job. undecided

you are not showing anything that indicates you are in fact Yoruba, or from a cultured background. undecided
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
tpiander:

just stay out of it and let the kingmakers do their job. undecided

you are not showing anything that indicates you are in fact Yoruba, or from a cultured background. undecided

Kingmaker tpia, I hail thee grin

So Sijuade told you he was groomed by Aderemi and he in turn groomed Adedoyin abi? Ekare ma. grin
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by tpiander: 8:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
9jacrip:

Kingmaker tpia, I hail thee grin

So Sijuade told you he was groomed by Aderemi and he in turn groomed Adedoyin abi? Ekare sa. grin

stop disrespecting Yoruba.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
tpiander:

stop disrespecting Yoruba.

O da, mo ti gbo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die / The History Behind The Name Akwa Ibom: / Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.