Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) (16134 Views)

What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. / Obasanjo's Son, Oba, In Motor Accident / Stop The Celebration: The New NNPC MD Is From Delta Igbo And Not An Igboman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by Stoplying: 10:24pm On Jun 22, 2023
coolitempa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s6XCL-_icg
🤣
I guess that video is a precolonial video.
I provide documents made hundreds of years ago which clearly show Benin kingdom and no Ife, and this guy who claims I'm somehow wrong provides a video 🤣
When you are stupid and believe you are smart with fanatism.
I provided many maps made by many authors over hundreds of years and this guy provides a video talking about Frobenius 🤣
Where is the link to the lab and its report about Ife heads? Troll

Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by coolitempa(f): 10:35pm On Jun 22, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa0st_aMjmA

This is another video on youtube which clearly states that Benin were new comers in the art of bronze casting and learnt it from Ife who taught them... grin grin. Old man, you are just an egoistic man who cannot accept that he has been thoroughly educated by a female probably younger than you. cheesy cheesy wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by coolitempa(f): 10:36pm On Jun 22, 2023
coolitempa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa0st_aMjmA

This is another video on youtube which clearly states that Benin were new comers in the art of bronze casting and learnt it from Ife who taught them... grin grin. Old man, you are just an egoistic man who cannot accept that he has been thoroughly educated by a female probably younger than you. cheesy cheesy wink

Listen from four minutes, old fool.
Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by Stoplying: 10:37pm On Jun 22, 2023
Stop wasting everybody's time, you do not belong in this conversation, you don't have the mental capacity.
I've literally just said videos are not good enough, and you provide an other video 🤣
I guess you managed to find a 300 year old video ?

Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by Stoplying: 10:46pm On Jun 22, 2023
As. I thought, that was just a person who came here to troll, and to troll me in particular. The real crime here is that it seems that troll believes he or she made any sense.
Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by coolitempa(f): 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2023
grin grin grin grin.....bitter old 'professor'. Go to bed sir. Your stupidity and arrogance has been exposed to all. wink I am done with you. It is getting to 6pm. ...I am done with remote working and educating old fools. let me go make dinner for the kids.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by Christistruth03: 10:49pm On Jun 22, 2023
grin
Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by Christistruth03: 10:51pm On Jun 22, 2023

1 Like

Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by Stoplying: 10:53pm On Jun 22, 2023
Christistruth03:

Are you aware that Ibadan and Oyo are different Towns

Or are Warri and Benin the Same?
They are both part of oyo provinces, also in 1937, I'm not sure that what they called oyo is what you call oyo today.
You don't ever seem to be able to appreciate that things change with time.
Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by Stoplying: 10:56pm On Jun 22, 2023
coolitempa:
grin grin grin grin.....bitter old 'professor'. Go to bed sir. Your stupidity and arrogance has been exposed to all. wink I am done with you. It is getting to 6pm. ...I am done with remote working and educating old fools. let me go make dinner for the kids.
Yeah, you confuse videos with historical documents, but you are definitely the one dashing out education to a person who presented you with several hundred year old documents.
Yeah, that is the confidence of a fanatic.
Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by Christistruth03: 11:45pm On Jun 22, 2023
Stoplying:

They are both part of oyo provinces, also in 1937, I'm not sure that what they called oyo is what you call oyo today.
You don't ever seem to be able to appreciate that things change with time.

In 1937 the Conference of the Yoruba Chiefs held at Oyo at the Alaafins Palace Hall

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by Stoplying: 11:31am On Jun 23, 2023
Don't expect a comment from me any time soon, you yoruba are just wasting my time in your ego trips of ethnic superiority. There is no intelligence in what you say, you present fairytales and fake documents and beat your chest. You reject hard evidence which proves your ethnocentric propaganda wrong and keep debating an already proven fact.
Yesterday, you guys just made me waste a lot of time.
I have no more time for you ethnic fanatic bigots.
Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by Christistruth03: 11:40am On Jun 23, 2023
Let us look at the Praise names of Oba of Benin again

One of it is

Abieyuwa N'Ovbi Odua N'uhe
The son of the wealthy Odua of Uhe(Ife).

(Odua of Ife is the same as Oduduwa of Ife)

Another of Oba of Benin's Praise names is

Ovbi' Adimila
The son of Adimila

Oduduwa was also known as Olofin Adimula
Which was one of his Titles

So with your own mouth you have already destroyed your case which had no legs to stand on in the first place

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by coolitempa(f): 9:36pm On Jun 23, 2023
Where is that old foolish man calling himself stoplying even though his whole being is filled with lies? Bros, we are waiting for you sir. Mr Benin owns the whole of africa. I am sure the education you received yesterday has given you running tummy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by coolitempa(f): 9:36pm On Jun 23, 2023
Stoplying:
Don't expect a comment from me any time soon, you yoruba are just wasting my time in your ego trips of ethnic superiority. There is no intelligence in what you say, you present fairytales and fake documents and beat your chest. You reject hard evidence which proves your ethnocentric propaganda wrong and keep debating an already proven fact.
Yesterday, you guys just made me waste a lot of time.
I have no more time for you ethnic fanatic bigots.

Come out sir. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by delpee(f): 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2023
OfoIgbo:

Of course we are all linked somehow, if one decides to look back through the ages.

I've heard of the Olukumis, but I don't know much about them.

I know they are situated somewhere within the Anioma territory.

Yes, they're within the Anioma territory. I believe most of them now bear Igbo/Delta names but an old Yoruba dialect is still spoken in some villages.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by VEHINTOLAR: 8:25pm On Aug 05, 2023
Johnjustice:

Lagos was conquered at a point, at least the marina axis, down to Island only epe was not. The story of Benin being Yoruba is lies, the Benin ancestry and throne traces back to ogodomigodo, then Ogiso dynasty, far beyond the Oba times. The story of oranmiyan is myth, as no empirical facts, fossils or cultural exchanges were observed to ascertain this. Edo people maintained their kingship, history and culture from ogodomigodo down to oba dynasty, no interference from outsiders till the British came.

Lol,you these Binis are quite funny ! Please,tell us in which war was Lagos conquered and by who ? The other time,one of you guys was making a false claim here that the Ga people of Accra (Ghana) had their roots in Benin kingdom ! It was as if the Ga Mantse, his royal majesty,Teiko Tsuru II, king of Ga people and chairman of Accra traditional council,Ghana, read that nonsense as he suddenly decided to visit Ile Ife and pay homage to the Ooni of Ife. The Ga king openly said during the visit that he and his people (Ga people) will never forget their Yoruba root !

Ga,Ewe (of Ghana,Togo,Benin,Ivory coast ),Lukumi (of Delta state and Americas - Cuba,Brazil,Trinidad and Tobego,Jamaica etc),Kriol (of Sierra Leone,Gambia),etc all these people have consistently refer to Ile Ife in Nigeria as their ancestral home. They have never denied their "Yorubaness". So,you Bini think all these people don't know their history and who they are,right ?

Facts :

Benin is Bini land but the Oba of Benin is of Yoruba ancestry.

Oranmiyan was a Yoruba Prince from Ile Ife and the first to use the tittle of " Oba of Benin". He was the one that introduced Yoruba traditional monachial system - "Obaship" to the ancient Benin.

The word "Oba" is not a Bini word. It was coined from "Obatala" -the first king in Yoruba land. It is a Yoruba word,firmly rooted in Yoruba language.

Bini and Yoruba are two different people but a Yoruba man,Oranmiyan established a royal dynasty (Eweka) in Benin which still exists till today.

Oduduwa was never a Bini man. He came from the Middle East. The Jebusites of ancient Middle East (Jerusalem) were black people. There are some foreign inscriptions - wordings and letters - found at the ancient Osun Osogbo groove/forest which share lots of similarities with similar ones found only in the Middle East ! It can't be a mere coincidence. It can only mean that some 'aliens' from the Middle East once visited that place. So,Yoruba people of today share lots in common with the ancient inhabitants of Jerusalem. It has been established,through research (internet is your friend) that the language spoken by the likes of Moses and others in the ancient time was quite similar to Yoruba language !

Ijaw people's account of the history of Benin stated clearly that the Oba of Benin (Benin royalty ) is of Yoruba ancestry. You may research this as well.

Yoruba language was the official language spoken at the palace of the Oba of Benin before the arrival of Portuguese. They were the ones that bastardised "Ile Ibinu" to become Benin. Oranmiyan named it "Ile Ibinu"- land of the angry people !

The only connection that existed between Lagos and Benin was the royalty which is of Yoruba ancestry. Ashipa,Iyaoba,Oba,Balogun etc are all tittles (traditional) rooted in Yoruba language;they are not Bini language. All Oba of Lagos,right from inception till today,are all Yorubas and will always be. Just as all descendants of Eweka dynasty of Benin royal family are all Yoruba,including the present Oba of Benin.

Ogisos were the aboriginal rulers of ancient Benin. Oranmiyan,a Yoruba prince,established "Obaship" system in Benin same as the tradition of his Yoruba people of Ile Ife.

A fact finding trip to Ile Ife will set you free from whatever lies that might have been shoved down your throats. I advise you to visit Oyo Alaafin too. I promise,you'll never remain same again !

Ire o !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by oskopy: 8:14pm On Sep 03, 2023
Another plot to destroy the bund between obidients
Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by onumadu: 9:10pm On Sep 03, 2023
oskopy:
Another plot to destroy the bund between obidients

I've gone through the thread, and if there is anything indisputable, it is the fact that Igbo and Edo peoples have been intertwined for thousands of years politically, culturally, religiously and even spiritually.
This is why I keep saying that every group from Edo all the way to Cross Rivers state is ONE.
The North knows this fact. Even some honest Yorubas know it, too.
Like we say in Igbo, all dance moves must eventually affect the hip.
Igboid and Edoid peoples are joined at the hip!
Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by Nobody: 4:53am On Sep 04, 2023
onumadu:

I've gone through the thread, and if there is anything indisputable, it is the fact that Igbo and Edo peoples have been intertwined for thousands of years politically, culturally, religiously and even spiritually.
This is why I keep saying that every group from Edo all the way to Cross Rivers state is ONE.
The North knows this fact. Even some honest Yorubas know it, too.
Like we say in Igbo, all dance moves must eventually affect the hip.
Igboid and Edoid peoples are joined at the hip!
Igbos are children of hate
Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by ImperialYoruba: 6:42am On Sep 04, 2023
phyllosilicate:
On the contrary, Benin Influence has been understated, why did you think Benin republic name their country Benin?

Originally, and before colonial influence, Benin Republic was known as Idaome.

White people had plenty confusion and suffered lack of knowledge about Africa. At one point they believed Benin River entered the ocean at Popo ( Renamed New Port, or in french Porto Novo). So they called the new French territory Benin Republic. Named after the river Benin. When their confusion cleared, which was much later, they realized Benin river was far away. Not to create a new set of confusion they left it that way. Years after independence, the people returned their independent state to the origin of Idaome (Francosized to Dahomey).

You see that Nigeria and Niger were both also named after Niger river. The white man was confused about that as well, when they initially believed River Niger was a part of River Nile.

Another one of their mess up is the naming of the country known as Burkina Faso. They named it after River Volta in Ghana, called it Republic of Upper Volta.

So, long story short, Bini does not possess half the glory wrongly associated to it as a result of ignorance of white people, and also the laziness of black minds who refuse to think independently.
Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by AntiBalaka: 6:43am On Sep 04, 2023
Pure rubbish from same cretins that claim they are juice .
Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by AntiBalaka: 6:45am On Sep 04, 2023
morbeta:
An English friend of mine told me that an Igboman fron Onitsha in anambra state was a very famous Oba in Benin Kingdom. Pls confirm. I want to know how true that is.

Unknown English man told you that an Ibo man was once Oba of Bini.

Ok.

Go and use that his statement to claim Bini as Ibo land.
Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by AntiBalaka: 6:48am On Sep 04, 2023
Ugomba:
will you shut up pls, we delta Igbos have warned you benin people to stop bringing your benin crap inorder to falsely rewrite our history and claim Asaba.. Heads will ROLL if you people dare us.

Heebo man stop claiming Delta
Re: An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) by ImperialYoruba: 6:52am On Sep 04, 2023
Johnjustice:

Lagos was conquered at a point, at least the marina axis, down to Island only epe was not. The story of Benin being Yoruba is lies, the Benin ancestry and throne traces back to ogodomigodo, then Ogiso dynasty, far beyond the Oba times. The story of oranmiyan is myth, as no empirical facts, fossils or cultural exchanges were observed to ascertain this. Edo people maintained their kingship, history and culture from ogodomigodo down to oba dynasty, no interference from outsiders till the British came.

Marina axis ke? Where is that? What's the name of the war leading to conquest?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Women Kidnapped As Bandits Hit Dingyadi, Hometown Of Police Affairs Minister / Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting, Swears In Federal Commissioners / Parliamentary System Of Government In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.