Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,579 members, 7,955,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:42 PM

Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge (44205 Views)

35 Jostle For Ooni Stool From Giesi Ruling House / “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief / How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by prettydamsel2(f): 5:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
themosthigh:
Who cares about what happens to these South West people and their silly compatriots with their corresponding uselessness.
Nothing gud can ever come from a yoruba man.

What exactly is ur stress ?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by prettydamsel2(f): 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2015
harbeedaymee:

No. There are four ruling families in Ife. The Giesi family should have been the last one because it is on rotational basis. The Ogboru family (which Sijuwade is from) should have been the next while the Giesi should have been the last. But Sijuwade used his money and influence to fast-track his family's turn hence the decision of the kingmakers to make him king. So the turn which the Giesi family should have had in 1980 is what they are having now. Comprendo? cheesy cheesy cheesy

But the predecessor of oba sijuwade ws frm giesi nw . Hw many turns do they hv
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by victorlake(m): 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2015
I pity you, you're just jealous.
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by Dindondin(m): 5:47pm On Aug 20, 2015
Abduletudaye:
[size=15pt]I thought his son was the heir?? Why competitors abi contenders again? undecided[/size]
it is not a single family that rules in ife

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by smuth(m): 5:51pm On Aug 20, 2015
themosthigh:
Who cares about what happens to these South West people and their silly compatriots with their corresponding uselessness.

in case you haven't heard, a Yoruba man has been selected just last week as the first black African to visit space. This is just the latest of many grand achievement of a Yoruba man. I don't really know if you are ignorantly stupiiiiiiid or stupiiiiiiiidly ignorant. May God help you.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by themosthigh: 5:56pm On Aug 20, 2015
smuth:

in case you haven't heard, a Yoruba man has been selected just last week as the first black African to visit space. This is just the latest of many grand achievement of a Yoruba man. I don't really know if you are ignorantly stupiiiiiiid or stupiiiiiiiidly ignorant. May God help you.

A goat will always remain a goat no matter how you wash him
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by IYANGBALI: 6:07pm On Aug 20, 2015
omo some fast chiefs go make cool money for this business o,na settlement time dem dey for Ife now grin
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
ifa should decide.
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by Iwonimi(m): 6:30pm On Aug 20, 2015
Rara ooo. They said 4 ruling house so anyone could be emerged
Abduletudaye:
[size=15pt]I thought his son was the heir?? Why competitors abi contenders again? undecided[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by TheAdvocate(m): 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2015
Oracle indeed!

We saw what happened even with cardreader for elections.

The man closest to Aregbesola and Tinubu will be the same person that the oracle and the 400+ deties will elect. Coincidence? I dont know o!

I guess the oracle is also APC!
grin grin
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by daresimon(m): 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2015
The puzzle must be a big worry to the gods because they have to consider the one with the biggest bag.

Who said the gods can't be appeased?

Let the selection game begin.......

Wait o.........................

Did I hear that Tinubu is close to many of the contenders?
How is tinubu a factor in the crowning of the king of Ife?

.....Besides the compiler of that story must be a saTANIst?

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by Iwonimi(m): 6:35pm On Aug 20, 2015
Very stupid of you Mr. U must be of this biafra i guess. Afta of u killed b perish, this peole come with their big engkish again. NO VICTORY NO VANGUISH tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue[size=8pt][/size]quote author=themosthigh post=37157091]Who cares about what happens to these south w[s][/s]aste people and their silly compatriots with their corresponding uselessness.
[/quote]
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by Kaurdeh: 6:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
themosthigh:

Digbolugi. angry
themosthigh:

Digbolugi.
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by idris4eva(m): 6:42pm On Aug 20, 2015
All the name mention above are people who have already make it in life, why not pick the one that is poor among the ruling houses to be the king....it is more like someone pouring water in to lagoon
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by emmasege: 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2015
themosthigh:
I don't know which tribe you come from but I can unequivocally state that only a bastard with no enviable background talks about other tribes, the way you just did.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by drealaz24(m): 6:48pm On Aug 20, 2015
themosthigh:

This stuped yidiot wud be staying at one ojuelegbe or mushin in Lagos o, a place where he is getting d money to feed all his family at one village in abia or enugu.

Lagoon loma Ku si last.
were.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by avaa(m): 6:53pm On Aug 20, 2015
themosthigh:

Like this forum you presently are right now?
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by nuelyoyo(m): 7:02pm On Aug 20, 2015
This method of picking a successor to a throne where many families are eligible brings lobbying and discord among princes, from ancient times and even in religious books, it is the heir to the late king that automatically assumes the throne. Currently, the Benin Kingdom is one (if not only) of the few that practice heirachy as succession. Our cultural values and practices have been polluted. SMH
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by odogift(f): 7:08pm On Aug 20, 2015
African traditonal institution...
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by adekaz777: 7:24pm On Aug 20, 2015
Is only prince gboyega ademiluyi that i know personally among them, i wish him and others success.
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by shizzy7(f): 7:29pm On Aug 20, 2015
I heard the new king will eat the Heart of the dead king is it true
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by Captainswag225(m): 7:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
shizzy7:
I heard the new king will eat the Heart of the dead king is it true
hahaha, hmmm. They said that wont happen again. Thats was an old tradition.
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by DonMekino(m): 7:43pm On Aug 20, 2015
Game Of Thrones from Ife Kingdom.... have they seen TheHandOfTheKing? Tyrion Lannister go show for Osun oo
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by olayinkaj2(m): 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
themosthigh:
. We don't need to move further before we sight mad people, you can always see them around you, this is one werey that has entered the market and i don't think the madness will be cured anytime soon. Omo ale buruku jatijati!

1 Like

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by scentmarlc(m): 8:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by Bovis(m): 8:37pm On Aug 20, 2015
SexySapphire:
This list isn't even complete. There are still some people that are gunning for the throne that aren't mentioned. The tussle has gone beyond what is expected to the extent that some of them are starting to share gifts such as transformers as if indigenes are going to vote. They don carry politics enter culture. I just pray that the best man that will uplift the glory of my town and move it to the next level will be chosen.
Well stated aweh. However, the Ademiluyi family will definitely produce the next Ooni
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by poundlander: 8:43pm On Aug 20, 2015
themosthigh:
Omo irankiran, koni daa fun o! Omo ale jatijati olori pelebe
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by aftatechbiz(m): 9:59pm On Aug 20, 2015
I hope they will not use politics to 'dabaru' everything, because everything in Nigeria has been politicised. Less i forget, why consulting gods when there is Jehovah God?

www.aftasms.com
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by jesuseun1(m): 3:10am On Aug 21, 2015
themosthigh:

Always try to be objective in your comments. Ask ur self those this type of comment dividing or bindinG us together.what a man say is not far frm who he truly is.
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by smuth(m): 7:53am On Aug 21, 2015
themosthigh:

A goat will always remain a goat no matter how you wash him

And that goat made the Nairaland you spend your money and your time on to become the biggest forum in Africa. You are so daft and must be suffering from an unknown disease. Abi Oluwaseun Osewa looks white to you, your craze get season 50.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by macof(m): 10:16am On Aug 21, 2015
SmartMugu:

I thought they said the former Ooni before Sijuade (Aderemi) was from the Giesi family. Are you saying only the Giesi's are entitled to the Ooni throne?

It seems Aderemi was from Osinkola

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit / Daughter Of The Ooni Of Ife, Princess Adeola Ogunwusi / Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.