Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) (68349 Views)

Delta Women Protest Over Shops In An Unusual Manner (Photo) / Ayriri Emami Storms The Streets Of Lagos In A 1965 Customized Bentley.Pics/Video / Man Selling Doughnut On The Streets Of Akwa Ibom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by ladyF(f): 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2015
TS2:

Funmi Williams
Lol u are?

They shouldn't have locked their shops tho. Hehehe FTC on page 2
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by bossanmayor(m): 5:45pm On Aug 20, 2015
Hmm luck ma shop jst lik dat say na devil don show i for kukuma com wear linear lik dem.Hehe funi fairyz in white could.wen pig flyz.
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 20, 2015
Cutehector:
hahahha, I go even sell market to d deity wey dey pass....as igbo man wey I b
Lol cry
But nah cele abi b nah ritual ppl wts with d white self ..
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by Paradise163(f): 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2015
As seen in Oregun Ikeja today

Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by Cutehector(m): 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Lol cry
dnt even hav an ideam. Dey look like a bad omen
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by asumo12: 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Lol cry

Olobè niè sha....

U no dey watch Nollywood bah.?

undecided
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by Pappyjim: 5:47pm On Aug 20, 2015
Thanks for the notice, it has been modified and d picture has been removed! That means the guy copied d picture somewhere and wanted to defraud innocent citizen! uote author=asumo12 post=37160518]

Please this is one of my oga pix... There must be a mixup somewhere Bro... His original name is babayo can you please remove this pix?

Thanks in advance
]
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by mikron(m): 5:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
auntysimbiat:
A lot of shops in the Ikeja area of Lagos were locked today and many streets deserted as people in white were seen walking around the area. The reader who witnessed it and sent in the photos said it's 'Oro'. Don't know what that means.

See photo below :

http://nairanaijanews..com/2015/08/see-photos-people-wearing-white-take.html
u re yoruba and u don't know what oro means?

1 Like

Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 20, 2015
asumo12:

Olobè niè sha....

U no dey watch Nollywood bah.?

undecided
I do .. U know angels cant see dis type of thing grin
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by TheDauraMallam: 5:51pm On Aug 20, 2015
efilefun:
Dude if u don't have anything reasonable to comment you just skip the thread, there's no fcvking tribe in AFRICA that doesn't have people who still practice what their forefathers left behind so stop holding a particular tribe by the neck cuz you hate them or so... Even with the modernization in UK they still got a Queen which shows they ain't ready to throw away their culture either.

The Queen is a hierarchial thing. We still have the Obas here in Nigeria.

So your analogy is faulty.

What you're supposed to ask yourself is this: this is 2015, and why are Nigerians still stuck in medieval fetishism and willful ignorance?

Why?

The average Nigerian was a traditionalist in the 1800s, and the foreigners came here with a more packaged idea of the afterlife and we swallowed their hook, like and sinker.

Now the destitue country is filled with 98% of religious fanatics.

Why can't an average black man think for himself?

1 Like

Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 20, 2015
Cutehector:
dnt even hav an ideam. Dey look like a bad omen
Yh me too i lock up shop n do sign of cross jare
Too many diabolical ish out der
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by Dwayne1997(m): 5:54pm On Aug 20, 2015
Cutehector:
Lock my shop say Lucifer dey pass abi na wetin
ah lyk dx guy!
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by Cutehector(m): 5:56pm On Aug 20, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Yh me too i lock up shop n do sign of cross jare
Too many diabolical ish out der
fear of d unknown, dats wat is killin people.. Dats just culture, nothn more.. D people are brainwashed to believ smth is gona happen.. When nothin certainly will happen.
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by tivta(m): 5:56pm On Aug 20, 2015
efilefun:
Dude if u don't have anything reasonable to comment you just skip the thread, there's no fcvking tribe in AFRICA that doesn't have people who still practice what their forefathers left behind so stop holding a particular tribe by the neck cuz you hate them or so... Even with the modernization in UK they still got a Queen which shows they ain't ready to throw away their culture either.
You talk like this because you haven't lost any one to the so called culture. Yet we wonder why Nigeria is not prosperous.
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by nwakaibeya1: 5:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
In a metropolitan city as lagos ikeja where every street has more than five churches and you could still find or see things of this nature and evil ceremonies like this one?it then means that those who claim to be born again or pastors and prophets in lagos and surrounding areas are not indeed bornagain and must be questioned as to what and how they have fared in propagating the gospel of jesuschrist which they claim to propagate?some will say give ceaser what belongs to ceaser and God what belongs to God but ceaser should be non issues if truly REAL JESUSCHRIST IS FOLLOWED and thats why we keep talking about the light ,the mantle and the power that be that is lacking in the life of so called bornagain here and elsewhere which has remained a suspect and things like this becomes a challenge because if the impact of bornagains are felt things like this should have been abolished intoto or done in the hidden and not in the open and even force the so called bornagains to bow to their command ad close shops etc?Thos is truly a challenge to the so called born agains of this world to seek the real JESUSCHRIST and his UNBELEIVABLE POWER
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by tivta(m): 5:59pm On Aug 20, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

The Queen is a hierarchial thing. We still have the Obas here in Nigeria.

So your analogy is faulty.

What you're supposed to ask yourself is this: this is 2015, and why are Nigerians still stuck in medieval fetishism and willful ignorance?

Why?

The average Nigerian was a traditionalist in the 1800s, and the foreigners came here with a more packaged idea of the afterlife and we swallowed their hook, like and sinker.

Now the destitue country is filled with 98% of religious fanatics.

Why can't an average black man think for himself?
My brother such people don't know the value of human life till it happens to them.
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by gog4life(m): 5:59pm On Aug 20, 2015
Oti ooooh! Odimma nsogbu adighi, ha jisike
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 20, 2015
Cutehector:
fear of d unknown, dats wat is killin people.. Dats just culture, nothn more.. D people are brainwashed to believ smth is gona happen.. When nothin certainly will happen.
but how do u know lol
Tomorrow iya sikira go op shop all her market don spoil ...
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by Bsc(m): 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
Cutehector:
Lock my shop say Lucifer dey pass abi na wetin
Igbo man. Igbo kwenu!!
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by greatehis: 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
disumusa:
you don die b/4. Becauas your tribe lack culture,norms,value.

nai them never use am change Africa economy? them for use am dey make cars. when them do am finish, them go dey look for visa to go UK or USA. rubishhhhh
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by omojeesu(m): 6:04pm On Aug 20, 2015
natas22:
Op what's the big deal its just white garment church members

No, not white garment church. They are orisha worshippers. Saw them today too where i stay. They must be following some common calendar or could it be in memory of the departed Ooni of Ife?

1 Like

Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by Cutehector(m): 6:04pm On Aug 20, 2015
Bsc:

Igbo man. Igbo kwenu!!
kwezuonu oooOooooo cheesy grin
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by Atlantian: 6:04pm On Aug 20, 2015
Yorubas are so fetish, but I think its ignorance. I remember when methanol killed people in Ogun or Osun State, they claimed it was a certain goddess that was upset with a certain priest and worshipers at a certain shrine. Even a professor was propagating the rubbish. My yoruba friends need to educate their people to shun this stupidity.
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by Cutehector(m): 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
LadyBoss1:

but how do u know lol
Tomorrow iya sikira go op shop all her market don spoil ...
iya sikirat no dey worship Jesus na...he dat is in me is greater than wink
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by jaymichael(m): 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
auntysimbiat:
A lot of shops in the Ikeja area of Lagos were locked today and many streets deserted as people in white were seen walking around the area. The reader who witnessed it and sent in the photos said it's 'Oro'. Don't know what that means.

See photo below :

http://nairanaijanews..com/2015/08/see-photos-people-wearing-white-take.html
I think it's the burial rite of one Ikeja Baale that died recently. These could be Ogboni society initiates. I have witnessed their procession before at Anifowoshe area in Ikeja.
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
Cutehector:
iya sikirat no dey worship Jesus na...he dat is in me is greater than wink
Lol oya iya amaka nko tongue
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by ganiujmh: 6:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
I was at Ikeja in the early hours today to repair my phone & was surprise all computer village shops were locked. On enquiry, I was told some traditionalist celebrating what noone really understand. I wonder how their activity should affect people from doing their business. I think the attention of the government should be drawn to this forceful imposition of desires of group of people on the community because there is limit to exercise of freedom when it comes to public relationship.

AGJ
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by Cutehector(m): 6:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Lol oya iya amaka nko tongue
iya amaka no send anybody. She too like moni...
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by larssDON(m): 6:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
Laziness in higher place
Re: People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) by patostation(m): 6:18pm On Aug 20, 2015
idolda:
That's not oro, females are not allowed during oro rituals or festivals they look like those involved in Osun osogbo festival

Off point! World Ogboni Day things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cameroonian Woman Mobbed For Stealing, Receives Items, Cash To Start A Business / Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist / Cosmas Maduka Preaching The Gospel By The Roadside In Lagos. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.