Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? (44341 Views)

JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right / WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students / A Lecturer's Epic Response To A Student.(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by tonimenia: 4:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
My Dear,

The first answer is, how do you do?

Then, the second answer is, am doing just fine!
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by scippy: 4:40pm On Aug 21, 2015
The right response is “how do you do too”.
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by whoisuche: 5:15pm On Aug 21, 2015
lampardizik:
Hello Nairalanders
so yesterday i learnt that the correct response to "how do you do?" is "how do you do".
it made no sense to me because i thought the logical response would be "fine" or "good" or stuffs like that,that is why i have brought this to NL to clarify. So professors in the house,let us know which is the correct response to "How Do You Do?".
"fine" or "how do you do"

How do you do too.
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 21, 2015
Atlantian:

These ready-made question and answer greetings pattern is an archaic invention of our yesterday. I prefer greetings like "Good morning" "good afternoon" and "good evening" as well as "good night". But "How are you ?" my answer should be "none of your business", "How do you do?" My answer should be silence.
U sure say u dey Africa? Cause people find it really rude not to respond to greetings.
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by Jamesboola: 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
Your reply to how do u do? Is How do you do too.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by ibbsylva: 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2015
me do do
or them do do
we do do
choose one
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by Atlantian: 5:41pm On Aug 21, 2015
MrsPhyno:

U sure say u dey Africa? Cause people find it really rude not to respond to greetings.
Depends on the status of the person involved. I guess I am proud or egotistic.
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 21, 2015
Atlantian:
Depends on the status of the person involved. I guess I am proud or egotistic.
Yeah seems so sha grin
That's not necessarily a bad thing tho.
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by Atlantian: 5:52pm On Aug 21, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Yeah seems so sha grin
That's not necessarily a bad thing tho.
Yea, pride isnt arrogance. It is a show of superiority over mediocrity.
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by Dexema(m): 5:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
"I does well..u nko?
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by thunderkizito(m): 5:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
how do u do ,is d response of how do u do
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by spafu(m): 6:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
I do do.
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by dnawah(m): 2:14am On Aug 22, 2015
lampardizik:
Hello Nairalanders
so yesterday i learnt that the correct response to "how do you do?" is "how do you do".
it made no sense to me because i thought the logical response would be "fine" or "good" or stuffs like that,that is why i have brought this to NL to clarify. So professors in the house,let us know which is the correct response to "How Do You Do?".
"fine" or "how do you do"
it is how do u do.
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by Seventeen(f): 9:50am On Aug 22, 2015
adebayor1490:
Heard of that rule before, buh, I think its even now archaic...
I wouldn't expect you to answer the question with anything more than, fine,you?
if am not 'fine' nkor? grin
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by yousouf1(m): 9:57am On Aug 22, 2015
the right response to " How do you do" is " How do you do too"
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by golddiamond860: 2:18pm On Aug 22, 2015
ladyF:
I do fine?

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
dont u hav work to do, dt everytym u r here,?
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by Nobody: 12:52am On Aug 23, 2015
Seventeen:
if am not 'fine' nkor? grin
Well, Good manners also prevents one from discussing their personal troubles with every acquiantant/ stranger on the str/net... who greet them with "how do you do" , hence, any reply inform of an answer is always I'm fine (followed by "nd you"wink as a form of courtesy
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by tolaxin(m): 2:26am On Aug 23, 2015
olafum1:
'i do do' should be ur response bro
Lmao I do do koh, dundu ni

it is 'how do you do?'
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by mickey45: 5:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
jaguda:
Guess it's, "How do you do too"

Mr. "Jaguda" (hope you aren't really one)
I have these issues to have your thoughts on o! Sent you a pm already but how do I reach you?
Mail, phone whatsapp
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by mickey45: 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
jaguda:
Guess it's, "How do you do too"

You look like you're an "Etsako"
a clan in Edo state.
No?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FCT Teachers Chase Out Pupils From Classrooms (Photos) / How You Study When You have a Ph.D in Reading / Protest: UNIBEN Students Seize CBN Bullion Van, Army Vehicle (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.