Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,594 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? (44299 Views)

JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right / WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students / A Lecturer's Epic Response To A Student.(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by lampardizik(m): 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
Hello Nairalanders
so yesterday i learnt that the correct response to "how do you do?" is "how do you do".
it made no sense to me because i thought the logical response would be "fine" or "good" or stuffs like that,that is why i have brought this to NL to clarify. So professors in the house,let us know which is the correct response to "How Do You Do?".
"fine" or "how do you do"

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
Google is your friend

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by ladyF(f): 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
I do fine?

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

19 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by olafum1(m): 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
'i do do' should be ur response bro

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
The correct reponse to how do you do? is how do you do?

na so we don be since...

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 20, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:
Google is your friend
i know the OP. He once had serious beef with google CEO. I dont think they are currently friends.

So now can you answer that 4king question?

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 20, 2015
DDeliverer:

na so we don be since...
after una go say africans dey answer question with question undecided

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
I do do

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
offspec:
i know the OP. He once had serious beef with google CEO. I dont think they are currently friends.

shocked, sori o

How much ? cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by lampardizik(m): 7:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
ladyF:
I do fine?

guy refused,say its still how do you do
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by lampardizik(m): 7:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:
Google is your friend

actually google will not answer,it'll just provide links that has the same tags as the search

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by lampardizik(m): 7:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
olafum1:
'i do do' should be ur response bro

lol, i always knew it to be fine or good

DDeliverer:

na so we don be since...

he said the the response is not a question,just a phatic statement

offspec:

funny you
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by cherylsmith(f): 9:54pm On Aug 20, 2015
The response to "how do you do? " is "how do you do? "

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by lampardizik(m): 12:32am On Aug 21, 2015
cherylsmith:
The response to "how do you do? " is "how do you do? "

Are you telling us or asking?

16 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by Nobody: 12:42am On Aug 21, 2015
Heard of that rule before, buh, I think its even now archaic... I wouldn't expect you to answer the question with anything more than, fine,you?

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by Nobody: 3:32am On Aug 21, 2015
lampardizik:
Hello Nairalanders
so yesterday i learnt that the correct response to "how do you do?" is "how do you do".
it made no sense to me because i thought the logical response would be "fine" or "good" or stuffs like that,that is why i have brought this to NL to clarify. So professors in the house,let us know which is the correct response to "How Do You Do?".
"fine" or "how do you do"

lampardizik - hi udeme
prophetudeme - hello
lampard -how do u do?
Prophetudeme - how do u do?. Period

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by cherylsmith(f): 6:51am On Aug 21, 2015
lampardizik:

Are you telling us or asking?

I'm telling you. That's why I used quotation marks.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by jnrbayano(m): 7:53am On Aug 21, 2015
This response is archaic.

Answering "fine, how about you?" doesn't make one a poor English teacher.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by veekid(m): 7:54am On Aug 21, 2015
how do I do what?

23 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by boboLIL(m): 7:54am On Aug 21, 2015
How do you do too grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by Realdeals(m): 7:54am On Aug 21, 2015
My response "Am doing good"

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by abworld6deep(m): 7:54am On Aug 21, 2015
How do you do......
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by natas22: 7:55am On Aug 21, 2015

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by ibkgab001: 7:55am On Aug 21, 2015
I do well and fine sir thank you

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by mrlaw93(m): 7:55am On Aug 21, 2015
Gbogbowa la dudu ni Nigeria..

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by ibkgab001: 7:55am On Aug 21, 2015
If you paste that TLC YOU WILL BANNED
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by Cephas0009: 7:55am On Aug 21, 2015
"Gbogbo wa la dudu ni nigeria"---- Best ans since time memorial grin

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by Pavore9: 7:56am On Aug 21, 2015
Hian!
Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by bunmioguns(m): 7:56am On Aug 21, 2015
How do you do?

The correct response is

Gbogbo wa la dudu ni naijiria

grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by TRADELYN: 7:56am On Aug 21, 2015
You should reply too with: "How do you do?"
NB: It is usually used for people meeting themselves for the first time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? by tunwumi: 7:56am On Aug 21, 2015
I do well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS / Words That Sound Like Opposite But Are Actually Synonyms / Anambra Schools Resume With Strict COVID-19 Safety Checks (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.