Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,430 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries (26124 Views)

Arase Reduces Number Of Policemen Attached To Governors From 150 To 62 / Senate Forgery: Judge Orders IG To Appear In Court / Breaking: FG Orders IG To Hand Over Saraki Money Laundering Case File (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by Sanchez01: 7:08pm On Aug 20, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday directed the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase, to prune down the number of policemen attached to dignitaries across the country.

He also directed the police boss to redeploy all policemen withdrawn from that role to regular police duties.

A statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, quoted the President as speaking during a meeting with officials of the Ministry of Police Affairs and the Police Service Commission in the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Adesina also said the President warned that that he would not tolerate any irregularities or extortion of money from unemployed Nigerians in the coming recruitment into the police.

He said applicants having to pay bribes before being accepted into the police in the past was totally unacceptable.

The President told the officials that those in charge of recruitment and training in the Police must be above board and eschew every form of extortion and underhand dealing.

“You must ensure that the recruitment process is transparent. Those who will conduct the recruitment must be above board. It should not be heard that they  receive gratification or extort money from those who want to enlist in the police,”  the President was quoted as saying.

On the stagnation of policemen on a rank for many years, the President counselled the PSC to review the current structure of the police, and make recommendations on how the problem could be solved to  boost the morale of serving policemen.

The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Police Affairs, Dr. James  Obiegbu, had, in his briefing of the President,  listed inadequate police personnel, dwindling finances and non-rehabilitation of police training schools as some of the challenges facing the police.

The Chairman of the Police Service Commission, Mr. Mike Okiro, said the country needed to have more than the 305,579 policemen and women which it had for effective policing.

He thanked Buhari for approving the recruitment of 10,000 additional policemen and women earlier this week.
www.punchng.com/news/buhari-orders-ig-to-reduce-policemen-attached-to-dignitaries/

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
But, it doesn't stop police from intimidating & humiliating Nigerian citizens??

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by adebayo10977(m): 7:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
yes it has to b stopped or make dem limit am......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by frankay430(m): 7:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
still waiting 4 my 5k per month#PMB

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by Hawlahscho(m): 7:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
Well-done Baba.

BTW

What's d poster above me saying

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by pacino26(m): 7:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
Lol, make them visit Port Harcourt and see all the police men attached to MDs and CEOs, Buhari himself go fear.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by genearts(m): 7:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
my sai buhari on point again. If u continue like this, we may jst have to consider u as president for life.

104 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by Damalex4luv(m): 7:17pm On Aug 20, 2015
Good development! There should be a kind of restructuring in our police sector, they have turn our police to nuisance with no values and that why they keep on misbehaving almost all the time.

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by alaoeri: 7:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
frankay430:
still waiting 4 my 5k per month#GMP
You will soon get that at the fullest of time wink meanwhile good directive from PMB, no more policeman carrying madam handbag.

49 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by alrahmanonline(m): 7:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
genearts:
my sai buhari on point again. If u continue like this, we may jst have to consider u as president for life.
Na sooooooo, no be lie lie, Infact Baba bubu too much abeg

18 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by kuuljay(m): 7:30pm On Aug 20, 2015
genearts:
you wan give wailers hear attack abi grin grin grin

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by genearts(m): 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
alrahmanonline:

Na sooooooo, no be lie lie, Infact Baba bubu too much abeg
baba no get rival for nija.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by franksunny(m): 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
Arise o compatriot ........let support this man to rebuild Nigerian of our dream

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by Sanchez01: 7:40pm On Aug 20, 2015
Damalex4luv:
Good development! There should be a kind of restructuring in our police sector, they have turn our police to nuisance with no values and that why they keep on misbehaving almost all the time.
I agree... The NPF is so not it. Our policemen turned themselves into the nuisance that they are today. A total overhaul cum proper orientation would set the Force on track.

Lalasticlala
Ishilove

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by genearts(m): 7:40pm On Aug 20, 2015
kuuljay:
you wan give wailers hear attack abi grin grin grin
Buhari really means well for this country, anyone that cant see this is free to die of attack

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2015
Our Life President Carry Go! At this rate, The National Assembly should start looking for ways to amend the constitution, to pave way for a Life President! tongue

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by kuuljay(m): 7:58pm On Aug 20, 2015
genearts:
Buhari really means well for this country, anyone that cant see this is free to die of attack
change is not easy whether good or bad the people who were the ones in charge of the statusquo fights teeth and nails.i believe this is the revolution this country needs and it's here to stay if buhari does not undertake any project in four years but decides to get rid of corruption to create a new path for us that will be enough my brother

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by natas22: 8:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
genearts:

Thief thief eh you stole my sai buhari slang

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by bunmioguns(m): 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by docphresh(m): 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
Lolz.. This post is funny
Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by Mogidi: 8:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
ok
Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by yambi(m): 8:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
the rate of bribe will increase
Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by rusher14: 8:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
frankay430:
still waiting 4 my 5k per month#GMP

Ok you are jobless.

Buhari plans to take care of the unemployed.

Please be patient.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by anonimi: 8:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
Good call.
Let us see if it will be complied with and enforced or it is just MOUTH action only as usual with the DauraDullard.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2611317_babamouthaction_jpega1638df5872892ac8b0fd1d92605145b

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by Captainswag225(m): 8:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
its obvious buhari is clearly confused..... He doesnt know what he is doing. Its better if he resigns now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by jackyraw09: 8:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
ok
Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by gokay11(m): 8:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
Making sense,anyway God is my security
Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by changeagent(m): 8:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
A very good and welcome development.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by boboLIL(m): 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
Superstory
Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by martineverest(m): 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
President of life..dats y i campaigned for u........u broke my jinx of not voting in any election in nigeria.

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries by shizzy7(f): 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
o buhari I love u

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) / How Has Sanwo-Olu Fared In Eight Months As Lagos State Governor? / Buhari Arrives Abuja From African Finance Summit In Paris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.