Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Nigeria Needs A Hero – Fani Kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs A Hero – Fani Kayode (1026 Views)

The Three Changes Nigeria Needs, By Muhammadu Buhari / Fani-Kayode's Fiancee, Precious And Their Son Aragorn In New Photo / Nigeria Needs A Revolution - Pastor Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Needs A Hero – Fani Kayode by Passingshit(m): 9:08am On Aug 21, 2015
Femi Fani-Kayode, a former Minister of Aviation has said Nigeria needs a hero who could turn the country woes around.

According to the former minister who served as the spokesperson for President Goodluck Jonathan’s presidential campaign, Nigerians are under a spell.

In a Facebook post titled, “When cometh our deliverer?” Fani-Kayode said Nigeria had been underdeveloped for too long due to bad leadership and a dormant citizenry.

He said Nigeria needed a hero who could turn things around just as Oliver Cromwell did in England in 1653 shortly after the British Civil War when he sacked the Rump parliament and seized power.

Fani-Kayode said Cromwell, who was the Lord Protector of England, Scotland and Ireland, paid the ultimate price so that England could become a great country.
He said: “I look at Nigeria today and the behaviour of our collective overlords reminds me very much of the behaviour of the pre-Cromwellian “Rump Parliament’’ in England. Can anyone be in any doubt that it is time for us to speak those same words that Oliver Cromwell spoke to the English Parliament on April 20th, 1653 to our leaders here in Nigeria?

“Who will go forth courageously and speak truth to tyranny in the power of the Lord. When will God raise our own deliverer?

“Where is our own Oliver Cromwell or our own biblical Jehu? Where is our Elijah? When will the Jezebels that rule our land be thrown down from the balcony and when will the dogs eat their flesh and drink their blood?

“When will our Ahab be slaughtered in battle? When will the Nigerian people say ‘enough is enough’ and demand the change that they so desperately crave?

“When will they wake up from their accursed slumber and wipe away the faecal mess with which they have been stained, smothered, blinded, deafened and silenced?
“When will the spell that has been placed upon them be finally broken? When will they be free from this unwholesome bondage and be rid of their godless fears?

“When will their shackles be finally broken and when will they see, feel, hear and live again? When, O when, will our people be free and when will they become the pride of Africa that they were destined to be?

“In the Nigerian context, the question is this – when will our great stars emerge and when will Nigeria’s time to shine on the world stage come?

“When will the words of Oliver Cromwell find relevance in our space and when will the Lord answer our prayer and deliver us from the evil that plagues our land?”

Meanwhile, Fani-Kayode, has explained why the Igbos are most likely to break away from Nigeria in no distant future.
https://www.naij.com/525752-fani-kayode-reveals-nigerians-need-implement-change.html

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs A Hero – Fani Kayode by chocolateme(f): 9:09am On Aug 21, 2015
Sounds more like a poem to me
Recited during pre Colonization.
The Hero like Ojukwu abi?

Before you "quote" me, remember its my own opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs A Hero – Fani Kayode by akpakoboy: 9:10am On Aug 21, 2015
Re: Nigeria Needs A Hero – Fani Kayode by akpakoboy: 9:11am On Aug 21, 2015
chocolateme:
You de teach me bad thing.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Hero – Fani Kayode by powerfulsettingz: 9:17am On Aug 21, 2015
Fani fool Kayode should shut up and concentrate on his drugs. Meanwhile the two poeple above have issues with their brain
Re: Nigeria Needs A Hero – Fani Kayode by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 21, 2015
I really hate this man with passion. when he was an Aviation Minister why didn't he act an Heroangry

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs A Hero – Fani Kayode by tucky200(m): 9:19am On Aug 21, 2015
Okay..but we got buhari and he's gonna change things

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs A Hero – Fani Kayode by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 21, 2015
I love Nigerians...

We all know the truth, but we act in absolute foolishness claiming to be ignorant.

Until Nigerians remove religious and ethnic discrimination from our politics.... We will remain here..

#whatifweloveoneanother

I weep for my country...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs A Hero – Fani Kayode by chocolateme(f): 9:27am On Aug 21, 2015
akpakoboy:

You de teach me bad thing.
lol.. its ma signature
Re: Nigeria Needs A Hero – Fani Kayode by oghenetega100(f): 9:39am On Aug 21, 2015
Can someone please tell me why this man is still talking at all,
Re: Nigeria Needs A Hero – Fani Kayode by chernest2002: 9:42am On Aug 21, 2015
My people are soo afraid so the will always have failled old men as thier leaders.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Hero – Fani Kayode by Jorussia(m): 9:45am On Aug 21, 2015
chernest2002:
My people are soo afraid so the will always have failled old men as thier leaders.
I guess our president who just left office is an old man?
Re: Nigeria Needs A Hero – Fani Kayode by Luckylife(m): 9:51am On Aug 21, 2015
Everybody is looking for a hero but nobody want to be the hero because hero suffers in Nigerian if care is not taking.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Hero – Fani Kayode by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nnamdi Kanu is the man Fani Kayode is looking for, unfortunately, he is not interested in being a hero for Nigeria, cos he is already a Biafran Hero.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs A Hero – Fani Kayode by Sebastine1994(m): 10:09pm On Mar 13, 2017
Oliver Cromwell was a king in all but name. Lord protector. He removed the title of kingship and britain became a common wealth
Re: Nigeria Needs A Hero – Fani Kayode by madridguy(m): 10:13pm On Mar 13, 2017
Ok
Re: Nigeria Needs A Hero – Fani Kayode by Adminisher: 10:43pm On Mar 13, 2017
Stelvin101:
I really hate this man with passion. when he was an Aviation Minister why didn't he act an Heroangry

He is already admitting that OBJ and Jonathan were not heroes
Re: Nigeria Needs A Hero – Fani Kayode by Adminisher: 10:45pm On Mar 13, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu is the man Fani Kayode is looking for, unfortunately, he is not interested in being a hero for Nigeria, cos he is already a Biafran Hero.

How can Kanu be a hero? Stop being timid. What has he done in his life so far.You guys are just empty and unexposed. That is why a common breed like that is a hero. Develop your mind, you will fly. Stop being 'local'.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Picture Of Azagba (asaba) , Country Of Western Nigeria / New Salary Package For NASS, Others Ready Sept-rmafc / Check Out This Crazy Hairstyle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.