Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? (31787 Views)

Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered / 5 Bible Verses That Prove That God Hears Our Prayers / Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 5:02pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:

You also show us scripture where it says we should not pray to the devil.

And tell us why you don't pray to him.

What has light got to do with darkness...

Resist the devil...

Satan is the father of lies...

...and many more.

It seems you no longer believe in Bible alone...

Hehehe...
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 5:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
italo:

New International Version
So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

New Living Translation
With all these things in mind, dear brothers and sisters, stand firm and keep a strong grip on the teaching we passed on to you both in person and by letter.

English Standard Version
So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter.

Berean Study Bible
Therefore, brothers, stand firm and cling to the traditions we taught you, whether by speech or by letter

The traditions taught by word of mouth are also to be followed. Gal1:8 even buttresses my point as not all that the apostles preached was recorded in the Bible.

Now show me where the Bible said Christians should not go outside the Bible.

The bible never said the martyrs had just arrived. Stop trying to force it.

You still can't show me where the Bible says people in heaven cannot hear prayers...or that anything not written verbatim in the Bible is false.

You try so hard to turn the scriptures to your favor.

So part of the tradition they passed down is praying to Mary? I have not still seen your proofs O.

Because even the Traditions you talked about by speech was still based on the scriptures.

Okay, lets go to traditions actually passed down. Men Like Josephus, Clement, and some disciples of John e.t.c wrote down what they were taught from the Apostles.

I have gone through some of them and no where do any of them say Pray to the saints.

I am still waiting for your proofs o. And what Mary has done for you.

So lets think logically here now:

If God said when Husband and Wife are in strife that even if they pray He wont hear. He also said it to the unforgiven person" So if that same person turns to Mary,Is it Mary that will now hear? And If she hears what will she do.

Now again, With the millions of Catholics on the earth today all praying at the same time to Mary who is in heaven trying to enjoy her Mansion, How will she handle all those billions of prayers Is she Omniscient?

Does she have the complex mind and ability that God has to exist in all places at once and do a million things at once? You know sometimes, all people need to do is think.

You remind me of your brother up there that said killing an ant is a sin. So that means Jesus committed sin by killing a fish to eat. SMH.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 5:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
italo:

Resist the devil...

...and many more.

Hehehe...

Nooo! you didnt say anything here na.

You asked that guy to show you scripture where they said don't pray to Mary.
And I said show us where it said don't pray to Satan.

It's all about common sense.

1 Like

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
Scholar8200:
Neither can you show us were the idea/practise was either encouraged or practised! Are you not adding to the Word then? Why? Nobody on earth ever implored Abraham, Moses, Enoch, Daniel,David,Mary, James (first to be martyred among the apostles), Stephen etc to intercede for them! In the prayers of Nehemiah (Nehemiah 1) and Daniel (Daniel 9) there is no resorting to Moses or Abraham to intercede for them! Meanwhile, you ascribe the High Priestly role of Jesus to another mortal! That is idolatry!!

How did you conclude the bold? What proof do you have of that assertion?

Where did Jesus tell you that anybody asking a saint to pray to Jesus the High Priest is assigning the role of High Priest to the saint...and that it is idolatry?

Did the bible say these things or they are your own man-made doctrines?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 5:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
italo:

Resist the devil...

...and many more.

Hehehe...

You should also pray to me because Jesus said to that "catholic" woman in the bible:

"More blessed are those....."

I am sure by now you know that scripture.

So therefore adore me and express your devotion to me like I saw one of your fellows do to Mary.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by BOWOTO(m): 6:34pm On Aug 21, 2015
clans:

I asked for our blessed mother's intercession in an event and my request was granted.. That's how I know. Besides st Anthony of padua is never far away from my pleas
I am sorry for you

3 Likes

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
italo:

Below is your own quote in the other thread:

I also gave Rev 6:10 where people are aware of what is happening on earth...

Yet you want Jesus to come to earth again and tell you that Saints are aware of and can hear our prayers on earth...

smiley

Where in what you've quoted proves that Mary or any of the "dead" saints hear our prayers? undecided
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:

You should also pray to me because Jesus said to that "catholic" woman in the bible:

"More blessed are those....."

I am sure by now you know that scripture.

So therefore adore me and express your devotion to me like I saw one of your fellows do to Mary.

Well I can.. and you do it everyday when you ask your priest, pastor, bishop, brother, friend, imam. Confess your sins to one another (which of course is to God) When I ask you to pray for me... Is it not to God that you pray. The problem is because it is Mary? But her soul magnifies the lord... if you can pray for me... why not her.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Where in what you've quoted proves that Mary or any of the "dead" saints hear our prayers? undecided

There are no dead saints anywhere in the bible... show me?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 7:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
BOWOTO:
I am sorry for you

I also join you to be sorry for her.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 7:51pm On Aug 21, 2015
dmandy:

Well I can.. and you do it everyday when you ask your priest, pastor, bishop, brother, friend, imam. Confess your sins to one another (which of course is to God) When I ask you to pray for me... Is it not to God that you pray. The problem is because it is Mary? But her soul magnifies the lord... if you can pray for me... why not her.

Na wa o.

Just look at what your fellow Lady wrote up there.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 21, 2015
What is that? Don't you ask someone to pray for you? How dare you when you know that there is only one mediator. Why go to a second person.

Jeromejnr:

Na wa o.

Just look at what your fellow Lady wrote up there.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
BOWOTO:
I am sorry for you

I think this is jealousy...you asked and was not granted but she did and you are sorry.

Jesus turned and said to them, "Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep for yourselves and for your children.

Look at the mirror and see whom to be sorry for. Jealousy and envy kills.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 8:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
dmandy:
What is that? Don't you ask someone to pray for you? How dare you when you know that there is only one mediator. Why go to a second person.

You make me laff. So, you tink what you said right now is very smart.

You guys have still not told me what Mary has done for you o.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Thank God at least I made you happy. Show some gratitude mehn.... cool

As for what Mary and the saints did for through Jesus their savior their master, the testimonies abound. Stay tuned as I share this testimony
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 8:29pm On Aug 21, 2015
dmandy:

Thank God at least I made you happy. Show some gratitude mehn.... cool

Hehe. At least.

Your second ran away.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Hehe. At least.

Your second ran away.

from?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 8:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
[quote author=dmandy post=37199713][/quote]

The thread.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:

The thread.

Why do you think so? Have you thrown your killer punch yet?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 8:39pm On Aug 21, 2015
dmandy:

Why do you think so? Have you thrown your killer punch yet?

Nope.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Back to what Mary did for me... follow me and thank God for the marvelous miracles He has done for me through the intersession of His servant Mary the Mother of my savior. Testimonies abound and mind you I seek her intersession eveyday. Please don't be jealous if don't have that privilege. Have you ever asked for something in the most precise and specific manner... as in to the details and received such... the joy comes slowly for at first you will be amazed and filled with awe.

OK just last two weeks, I was to defend my thesis presicely on the 5th of August... lol and behold my office sent me out for a week's job and I was to miss the defense. No two ways (and mind you I rather miss and keep my job). I prayed to God and asked Mary to support me in the prayer and behold for whatever reason.. the defence was shifted for one month just like I asked.

I shed tears...this was on the 5th of this month.

Do you think God answered my prayer? If he did, do you think I prayed amiss? This is just one. I can go on and on. Don't be jealous... thank God for me.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Nope.

ok lolz... I thought as much. When am I expecting the upper cut wink?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:01pm On Aug 21, 2015
dmandy:

Back to what Mary did for me... follow me and thank God for the marvelous miracles He has done for me through the intersession of His servant Mary the Mother of my savior. Testimonies abound and mind you I seek her intersession eveyday. Please don't be jealous if don't have that privilege. Have you ever asked for something in the most precise and specific manner... as in to the details and received such... the joy comes slowly for at first you will be amazed and filled with awe.

OK just last two weeks, I was to defend my thesis presicely on the 5th of August... lol and behold my office sent me out for a week's job and I was to miss the defense. No two ways (and mind you I rather miss and keep my job). I prayed to God and asked Mary to support me in the prayer and behold for whatever reason.. the defence was shifted for one month just like I asked.

I shed tears...this was on the 5th of this month.

Do you think God answered my prayer? If he did, do you think I prayed amiss? This is just one. I can go on and on. Don't be jealous... thank God for me.

Hehehe. So how do we know that's not a coincidence. I mean other religions will tell u they prayed and sometimes get an answer.

We want to see miracles, blind seeing, deaf hearing, lame walking e.t.c. if that's not happening then....

BTW. I get my prayers answered all the time not sometimes but all the time. And it was to the Father through Jesus alone. cool

1 Like

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Hehehe. So how do we know that's not a coincidence. I mean other religions will tell u they prayed and sometimes get an answer.

We want to see miracles, blind seeing, deaf hearing, lame walking e.t.c. if that's not happening then....

BTW. I get my prayers answered all the time not sometimes but all the time. And it was to the Father through Jesus alone. cool

Your words... 'how do we know?' Means you can't tell and according to you, it could be coincidence but why do you ultimately rule out the other possibility that may not be? So 'we' don't know.. it could be and it could not be. No be so? remember not to be jealous oh....

So you think it must be lame seeing or blind working before it can be termed miracle. Ewooo looks like thjats your killer punch wink wink wink

God answers all my prayers, I can't deny that. I only said sometimes it comes in the specifications and details with which you asked. Have you not experienced anything like that? At that time did you believe it was a coincidence.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:15pm On Aug 21, 2015
dmandy:

Your words... 'how do we know?' Means you can't tell and according to you, it could be coincidence but why do you ultimately rule out the other possibility that may not be? So 'we' don't know.. it could be and it could not be. No be so? remember not to be jealous oh....

So you think it must be lame seeing or blind working before it can be termed miracle. Ewooo looks like thjats your killer punch wink wink wink

God answers all my prayers, I can't deny that. I only said sometimes it comes in the specifications and details with which you asked. Have you not experienced anything like that? At that time did you believe it was a coincidence.

So your point is Mary answered your prayer?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:

So your point is Mary answered your prayer?

God did
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
dmandy:

God did

Okay so let me help you small.

Since you believe in not sticking to the scriptures. Why don't you provide the dogma or tradition where it was taught that we could pray to Mary.

I am sure right now you just realised you never even knew where the tradition came from in the first place. You just grew up in that environment so because of that you just believe it.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
dmandy:

God did

Since God did. Why did you pray to Mary, why didn't you just pray to God?.

Or you were not sure God will answer you, so you asked Mary to help you beg God before He now decided to answer?.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Okay so let me help you small.

Since you believe in not sticking to the scriptures. Why don't you provide the dogma or tradition where it was taught that we could pray to Mary.

I am sure right now you just realised you never even knew where the tradition came from in the first place. You just grew up in that environment so because of that you just believe it.

I don't get it that God answered my prayer is not sticking to your scriptures.... I should provide the tradition where it was taught? I have never mentioned tradition to you since I started discussing with you. ok. Neither have i mentioned dogma.

All I do is based on the scriptures which is the word of God made flesh (via the womb) of the blessed mother. Jesus on the cross said to the disciple whom He loved (does He love you? Do you think you are his disciple?) son(are you one), behold your mother( Mary) and he took her home. Won't you take her home? Will you leave her there... well if you won't and somebody else does abeg no jealous.

No tradition... for indeed that which you call tradition is the scriptures handed down by words of mouth. It didn't just evolve, its all in the bible...only if you read with open mind.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
You know that you can go to God direct (which of course through Jesus), why do you ask your pastor to pray for you about something? The prayer of the righteous availeth much and if she is heaven with Jesus who save her I can ask her to help me in the prayers....just like I can ask you or my pastor. You see...its all scriptural.
Jeromejnr:

Since God did. Why did you pray to Mary, why didn't you just pray to God?.

Or you were not sure God will answer you, so you asked Mary to help you beg God before He now decided to answer?.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
dmandy:

I don't get it that God answered my prayer is not sticking to your scriptures.... I should provide the tradition where it was taught? I have never mentioned tradition to you since I started discussing with you. ok. Neither have i mentioned dogma.

All I do is based on the scriptures which is the word of God made flesh (via the womb) of the blessed mother. Jesus on the cross said to the disciple whom He loved (does He love you? Do you think you are his disciple?) son(are you one), behold your mother( Mary) and he took her home. Won't you take her home? Will you leave her there... well if you won't and somebody else does abeg no jealous.

No tradition... for indeed that which you call tradition is the scriptures handed down by words of mouth. It didn't just evolve, its all in the bible...only if you read with open mind.

Still didn't answer what I asked.

I was talking about praying to Mary and not God answering your prayers.

You said before you Catholics believe in other traditions. So I want to know where those traditions are? Where are the written? Where did you get them from?. That's all.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:39pm On Aug 21, 2015
dmandy:
The prayer of the righteous availeth much and if she is heaven with Jesus who save her I can ask her to help me in the prayers....just like I can ask you or my pastor. You see...its all scriptural.

Nothing scriptural about that. lipsrsealed

It didn't say the prayer of a righteous man will avail more if we pray to Mary to help us. I still need where the dogma was found.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! / World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21')

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.