Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? (31731 Views)

Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered / 5 Bible Verses That Prove That God Hears Our Prayers / Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:59am On Aug 21, 2015
Can Mary hear our prayers? Can Mary or any of the dead saints hear our prayers?

1 Share

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 21, 2015
Can't they?

***added***

You forgot to add 'the angels'

1 Like

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by clans(f): 11:23am On Aug 21, 2015
Last time I checked yes they all do...
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by achinaboy(m): 11:35am On Aug 21, 2015
I wonder if they do,because my father is also a saint,but died when I was eleven,despite all my prayer a complain,he did nothing
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 21, 2015
achinaboy:

I wonder if they do,because my father is also a saint,but died when I was eleven,despite all my prayer a complain,he did nothing
you wanted him to do what come back grin grin grin

If he does I bet you, you will find yourself in Congo.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 11:55am On Aug 21, 2015
clans:

And how did you check?

Last time I checked, they don't.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 21, 2015
clans:
Jeromejnr:

And how did you check?
Last time I checked, they don't.

They didn't hear you or they don't hear? tongue
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by achinaboy(m): 12:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
dmandy:
you wanted him to do what come back grin grin grin

If he does I bet you, you will find yourself in Congo.
not to come back,but his brothers and sisters dealt with us, well that is not the right word to use, they shew us pepper grin,so I was hoping that he could come and fight them spiritually, well thats what made me a kid anyway
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 12:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
dmandy:

They didn't hear you or they don't hear? tongue

They don't hear. Only God does.

Heaven is a perfect place, no believer in heaven is permitted to know of sufferings and heartaches and pains that go on in the earth. cool

1 Like

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 21, 2015
ok you asked him to come and fight his own brothers. Issoryte. That apart. Your grandfather if he is a saint and in heaven should be closer to Jesus than you are since both of them are in heaven and you are here. So he must have pleaded to Jesus on your behalf that your uncles stop at showing you pepper and not kill you. My thinking!!!

achinaboy:

not to come back,but his brothers and sisters dealt with us, well that is not the right word to use, they shew us pepper grin,so I was hoping that he could come and fight them spiritually, well thats what made me a kid anyway
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:

They don't hear. Only God does.

Heaven is a perfect place, no believer in heaven is permitted to know of sufferings and heartaches and pains that go on in the earth. cool

Makes sense to me.... but what of Abraham in the story of the rich man and poor Lazarus. I guess he knew about the sufferings of the brothers of that rich man.[s]By the way self what was the offence of that guy.[/s]
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 12:17pm On Aug 21, 2015
dmandy:

Makes sense to me.... but what of Abraham in the story of the rich man and poor Lazarus. I guess he knew about the sufferings of the brothers of that rich man.[s]By the way self what was the offence of that guy.[/s]

1. That was Abraham's Bosom and not heaven.

2. There's a difference between remembering what you left on earth and knowing what is presently happening on earth and with your family.

I mean imagine being in heaven and knowing one of your loved ones just died and didn't make heaven. How will your reaction be? will you be sad?.

Is there sadness in heaven? or are you going to jump up and down and rejoice?.

2 Likes

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
Ok my mistake... but somebody from your camp said Abraham's bossom was heaven because according to him there is only heaven and hell and nothing more. ok scrap that. How do you understand Revelation 5:8. Who were the 24 eleders and did they know about they prayers they were offering to God?
Jeromejnr:

1. That was Abraham's Bosom and not heaven.

2. There's a difference between remembering what you left on earth and knowing what is presently happening on earth and with your family.

I mean imagine being in heaven and knowing one of your loved ones just died and didn't make heaven. How will your reaction be? will you be sad?.

Is there sadness in heaven? or are you going to jump up and down and rejoice?.

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by plaetton: 12:35pm On Aug 21, 2015
The question should be : Can any imaginary person hear your prayers?

Well, it depends on you.
It depends on when and what you want to claim as Victory of answered prayers.

You see, in la la land, that's the beauty and advantage of praying to imaginary beings, to, among other things, protect you from other imaginary beings.

You have the rare advantage to declare Victory WHENEVER IT SUITS YOU.

Therefore, prayers to Mary, Jesus, yahweh, the toothfairy, Santa Claus, etc, are effective as soon as you claim the success.

grin grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 12:40pm On Aug 21, 2015
dmandy:
Ok my mistake... but somebody from your camp said Abraham's bossom was heaven because according to him there is only heaven and hell and nothing more. ok scrap that. How do you understand Revelation 5:8. Who were the 24 eleders and did they know about they prayers they were offering to God?

Well, not everyone from my camp knows the scriptures so don't be surprised.

As for the elders, we know little about, there are different beings in heaven. Not just the God-head and angels (even though most are generally classified as angels) In heaven there are Seraphims, Cherubims e.t.c. The word angel means messenger. The letters written at the beginning of Revelations to the angels of the churches was actually to the pastors or head of those churches (looking at it from the greek tecahings). But the pastors were called angels.

And that scripture never said they knew what the prayers of the saints were. The prayers were in form of incense which is offered only to God.

Also that's the book of revelations, it could mean anything and not what we think. All that could be after the Saints Judgement where they would have been rewarded. So who knows, maybe those elders might be rewarded saints chosen for that position. I don't know.

2 Likes

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:

As for the elders, we know little about, there are different beings in heaven. Not just the God-head and angels (even though most are generally classified as angels) In heaven there are Seraphims, Cherubims e.t.c. The word angel means messenger. The letters written at the beginning of Revelations to the angels of the churches was actually to the pastors or head of those churches (looking at it from the greek tecahings). But the pastors were called angels.

And that scripture never said they knew what the prayers of the saints were. The prayers were in form of incense which is offered only to God.

Also that's the book of revelations, it could mean anything and not what we think. All that could be after the Saints Judgement where they would have been rewarded. So who knows, maybe those elders might be rewarded saints chosen for that position. I don't know.

I love the 'maybe' 'who knows' and most humble and innocent I don't know. So what makes you think that your own maybe is superior to that of the person who says 'maybe' they heard me.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:

This got me thinking? So there is another place (stage) other than heaven and hell? But it must be called Abraham's bossom or nothing else
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 12:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
dmandy:

I love the 'maybe' 'who knows' and most humble and innocent I don't know. So what makes you think that your own maybe is superior to that of the person who says 'maybe' they heard me.

Simple,

Because Scripture commands us to pray to God and not to saints.

But humans in their own fleshly way, just love to deviate from the norm. The person that says they hear should bring up scriptures to prove it.

2 Likes

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
there was no mary, joseph nor jesus, just a made up arab stories...

how about asking questions about your true biological African ancestors?

stup!d slaves

3 Likes

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 12:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
dmandy:
This got me thinking? So there is another place (stage) other than heaven and hell? But it must be called Abraham's bossom or nothing else

There was.

It was called Abraham's bosom because he is called by God as the father of faith. By faith he was declared righteous by God. and all those that followed in his footsteps when they died went there. Because Jesus had not yet paid the price.

Lets just say it like this, it was all done on credit before Jesus came to pay the price. wink

Before anyone could go to heaven where God is to stand before Him, their Spirits had to be changed totally. And only Jesus could provide that.

That's why in scriptures, after Jesus rose from the dead, Paul said He went to preach to the spirits in prison. That place was also called prison.

Because the Bosom was in sheol or lets say the good part of hell. Thats was why that rich man in hell could look across from where he was and see Abraham.

1 Like

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Simple,

Because Scripture commands us to pray to God and not to saints.

But humans in their own fleshly way, just love to deviate from the norm. The person that says they hear should bring up scriptures to prove it.

The bible actually said that? We should not pray to saints? What is the meaning of pray?

1.to offer devout petition, praise, thanks, etc., to (God or an object of worship).

2.to offer (a prayer).

3.to bring, put, etc., by praying:
to pray a soul into heaven.

4.to make earnest petition to (a person).

5.to make petition or entreaty for; crave:
She prayed his forgiveness.

6. to offer devout petition, praise, thanks, etc., to God or to an object of worship.

7.to enter into spiritual communion with God or an object of worship through prayer.

Note definition number 4. And tell me I cannot pray to you. You are saying what God did not command. That your own fleshly way now. When you confess your sins to God what are doing? Praying? ok Confess your sins to one another (Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective James 5:6) or are you from the camp that said James blasphemes and takes a position he was not giving?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:

There was.

It was called Abraham's bosom because he is called by God as the father of faith. By faith he was declared righteous by God. and all those that followed in his footsteps when they died went there. Because Jesus had not yet paid the price.

Lets just say it like this, it was all done on credit before Jesus came to pay the price. wink

Before anyone could go to heaven where God is to stand before Him, their Spirits had to be changed totally. And only Jesus could provide that.

That's why in scriptures, after Jesus rose from the dead, Paul said He went to preach to the spirits in prison. That place was also called prison.

Because the Bosom was in sheol or lets say the good part of hell. Thats was why that rich man in hell could look across from where he was and see Abraham.

I am learning today. Glory to God... there is indeed a good part of hell. What if I choose a name for it in order to differenciate it from bad part of hell. You see we are saying the same time but have refused to understand the same thing. The spirits were in prison.. and needed to be set free right after totally changed. Your own words @bolded.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 21, 2015
My ancestors did exist. Whats the qualms?
MrPresident:
there was no mary, joseph nor jesus, just a made up arab stories...

how about asking questions about your true biological African ancestors?

stup!d slaves

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
dmandy:

The bible actually said that? We should not pray to saints? What is the meaning of pray?

1.to offer devout petition, praise, thanks, etc., to (God or an object of worship).

2.to offer (a prayer).

3.to bring, put, etc., by praying:
to pray a soul into heaven.

4.to make earnest petition to (a person).

5.to make petition or entreaty for; crave:
She prayed his forgiveness.

6. to offer devout petition, praise, thanks, etc., to God or to an object of worship.

7.to enter into spiritual communion with God or an object of worship through prayer.

Note definition number 4. And tell me I cannot pray to you. You are saying what God did not command. That your own fleshly way now. When you confess your sins to God what are doing? Praying? ok Confess your sins to one another (Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective James 5:6) or are you from the camp that said James blasphemes and takes a position he was not giving?

You know,

The scriputure says, "Thou shalt not kill" -So how do we interpret that scripture, do we also say as a result "If we mistakenly step on an ant and killed it, that means we have committed a sin worthy of hell?

Your potential reply to that person is what I am giving to you now concerning the word "Pray".

Yes there are different meanings of pray. But we in our right sense should know what we are talking about. You only gave number 4. What of No 1. When James said pray or entreat one another, he didn't say to "dead" saints.

And when he said confess your sins he meant what Jesus said to His disciples "when you go to give your gift at the altar and remember you have ought with someone, leave your gift and reconcile with the person...."

He didn't mean anytime you sin just confess to someone and when the person says your forgiven then you can go to heaven.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
dmandy:

I am learning today. Glory to God... there is indeed a good part of hell. What if I choose a name for it in order to differenciate it from bad part of hell. You see we are saying the same time but have refused to understand the same thing. The spirits were in prison.. and needed to be set free right after totally changed. Your own words @bolded.

Don't misunderstand, there was a good part. It's not there today. All of it's comforts have been taken away with the saints.

I didn't really get your last point. @bolded.

1 Like

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:

You know,

The scriputure says, "Thou shalt not kill" -So how do we interpret that scripture, do we also say as a result "If we mistakenly step on an ant and killed it, that means we have committed a sin worthy of hell?

Your potential reply to that person is what I am giving to you now concerning the word "Pray".

Yes there are different meanings of pray. But we in our right sense should know what we are talking about. You only gave number 4. What of No 1. When James said pray or entreat one another, he didn't say to "dead" saints.

And when he said confess your sins he meant what Jesus said to His disciples "when you go to give your gift at the altar and remember you have ought with someone, leave your gift and reconcile with the person...."

He didn't mean anytime you sin just confess to someone and when the person says your forgiven then you can go to heaven.

But kill is kill, if you kill an ant you have killed and gone against that commandment... but will it take you to hell? I doubt for the bible says that there were sins which lead not unto death.

Also the bible never told me anything about a 'dead saint' that is your own man made dogma. My bible says God is the God of Abraham and saints and not a God of the dead. Stop preaching what the lord did not command. I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not the God of the dead but of the living." Matt. 22:32
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 21, 2015
My mistake... looks like it has gone into extinction like the dinosaurs shocked shocked shocked And your bible told you that as well?
Jeromejnr:

Don't misunderstand, there was a good part. It's not there today. All of it's comforts have been taken away with the saints.

I didn't really get your last point. @bolded.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
dmandy:

But kill is kill, if you kill an ant you have killed and gone against that commandment... but will it take you to hell? I doubt for the bible says that there were sins which lead not unto death.

Also the bible never told me anything about a 'dead saint' that is your own man made dogma. My bible says God is the God of Abraham and saints and not a God of the dead. Stop preaching what the lord did not command. I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not the God of the dead but of the living." Matt. 22:32

My broda, by the grace of God I know the scriptures (well, as God shows me).

As for your last paragraph I know all that, that was why if you checked I put the dead in quotation marks. (I knew what I was doing grin).

And as for sin leading unto death, that is a whole new teaching you need to do a research on. I wish I could send you a video on that it would help you.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
dmandy:
My mistake... looks like it has gone into extinction like the dinosaurs shocked shocked shocked And your bible told you that as well?

Abraham's Bosom was also known as paradise. Go do a study on it.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
Great makes sense to me now... Abraham's bossom is the same thing as paradise and was a part of hell which has gone into extinction. Well give me a bible proof and not tell to go and study... study with what? Convince me that the place has vanished, and like the vestigial organ lost its function of holding spirits till the final cleansing.
Jeromejnr:

Abraham's Bosom was also known as paradise. Go do a study on it.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2015
A video... outside the bible But somebody from your camp said its the scripture or adonbelivit. grin grin

I pray thee my brother.. teach me that I may learn. I promise you that I am open to learn if you can tell me from the holy scriptures because all the while I have thought that the death in that passage meant 'condemnation in hell and live means reward in heaven. Tell me the other hidden meaning that I may know.

Jeromejnr:

My broda, by the grace of God I know the scriptures (well, as God shows me).

As for your last paragraph I know all that, that was why if you checked I put the dead in quotation marks. (I knew what I was doing grin).

And as for sin leading unto death, that is a whole new teaching you need to do a research on. I wish I could send you a video on that it would help you.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2015
dmandy:
A video... outside the bible But somebody from your camp said its the scripture or adonbelivit. grin grin

I pray thee my brother.. teach me that I may learn. I promise you that I am open to learn if you can tell me from the holy scriptures because all the while I have thought that the death in that passage meant 'condemnation in hell and live means reward in heaven. Tell me the other hidden meaning that I may know.

1. It's not a video outside the bible but on expounding the scriptures from the original greek which the NT was written in.

2. I don't really have time to go into all details here. But if you want to understand the bible, then you need to go to the original languages it was written in. (Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic)

BTW. Sin unto death is Apostasy (completing turning your back from God and choosing from the heart never to follow God but just live your life in continuous sin. It's does not apply to baby Christians. And not to get in a lot of detail here, this can only be applied to mature Christians. Paul speaking of them Said that:

1. Have tasted of the heavenly gift.
2. Have handled powers of the world to come.

It's also know as the Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Trampling on the blood of the Son of Man (now like I said before, if you didn't know much on Jewish history and their blood covenant practices, you can't understand this).

Just the same way I don't have the time to teach you on paradise. Because I knew you wouldn't understand it anyways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

The Gift I Received That Changed My Life Forever / Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? / Links To Watch Live Church Services Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.