Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

The First Poem I Wrote In The Igbo Language... What Do You Think Of It? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The First Poem I Wrote In The Igbo Language... What Do You Think Of It? (1282 Views)

Top 5 Places That Tell The History And Reveal The Culture Of The Igbo. / Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched / What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Poem I Wrote In The Igbo Language... What Do You Think Of It? by myklangelo(m): 12:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
The aim is to promote our languages. Not just to promote it by talking about it, but by talking with it, writing with it and reading it. Our Mother tongues are getting dead little by little, we speak them quiet alright but can we comfortably read and write them? I hope to see language promotion in this forum that brings Nigerians together.

EZI NWADA
Ụmụada Igbo bụkwanụ elelebe eje ọrụ
Olisa gozichaalụ ha ma nee ha ọrụ
Ezi nwada Igbo bụ mkpụrụ akwụ
Mkpụrụ akwụ dugara mbe be ndị mmụọ

Ezi nwada bụ mgba olaedo
Omume ya adịghị igbazi n'ego
Nwoke ọbụla ọ nyere aka ya na-atụ mmamma
Ụtụtụ ya niile bụ ụtụtụ abụọma

Mma ya bụ ilelekata ịgbanye aka n'ukwu
Ukwu e ji chọọ ya mma dịka udu
Ọ na-akwọ mụrụ mụrụ ka etele ete
Ije ya na-adanye Dịkà elekele

Ọchị ihu ya na-anyụ nma nkọ
Ọ ga-eme obi ọkụ gị ọ nyụọ dịka ọkụ
Olu o ji agụ egwu dịkwa egwu
Onye ụjọ nụ ya ọ mee ihe egwu

Ezi nwada onwe gị ju gị afọ
Ka okwu gị kwụrụ ebighiebi ka orie, nkwọ, eke na afọ
Mma kacha mma niile bụ omume gị
Omume gị ga-enye gị ezinụlọ nke gị

Asụsụ Igbo ga-adịrịrị

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Poem I Wrote In The Igbo Language... What Do You Think Of It? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
nice one
Re: The First Poem I Wrote In The Igbo Language... What Do You Think Of It? by ChinenyeN(m): 3:02pm On Aug 21, 2015
O dighi njo, otua o bu ke mbu. Ma eche m la i totukwa eto la ya, i nwere ike itukwa ilulu mgbe ufodi. Ya aburu la i tituru ya nnu la ose la manu. Ana m ekwu nde ke odo i ga-ede l'ogalihu.

1 Like

Re: The First Poem I Wrote In The Igbo Language... What Do You Think Of It? by DocAdray(f): 11:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nice one bro...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Years To Nairaland / Rare Pre-independence Photo Of Olowo Of Owo During A Photoshoot. / Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II Bans Community Development Association(cda) In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.