Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,777 members, 7,955,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:03 PM

Why Nouthernrs Will Keep Being Appointed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nouthernrs Will Keep Being Appointed (1164 Views)

New Kogi Head Of Service Retired By The Governor, 72 Hours After Being Appointed / Dayo Adeyeye Appointed As PDP Spokesman (pictured) / Mohammed Barkindo Appointed As OPEC Secretary-General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nouthernrs Will Keep Being Appointed by 9jatriot(m): 2:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
To the average Nigerian, what is important is that government provides basic amenities for them that includes but not limited to power, hospital, good roads, schools, salaries etc. But for the tribal bigots who only see through a prism of tribal lens, this is for you.

Buhari's appointments so far seem to have favored the North more than the South. I suspect that this trend will continue not necessarily as a result of competence but because of the Pull Him Down Syndrome prevalent in the south. That syndrome of "if I can't have it, then he should not get it". All the candidates appointed or have prospects to be appointed have had calls from their own people to drag them down. Notable among these has being Kachukwu, who was quickly dismissed by the Igbos as not a true son of theirs and not long after was accused of not sacking his personal friend in the mass sack that he did.
Amechi is another individual whose character has been defamed, abused, insulted and called all manners of names not because of his stewardship in his state but because certain people perceive that he is likely to get an appointment in PMB's government and are determine to put corruption mud on him and make him a moral baggage to the president.

This same approach is also being used on the highly popular and progressive former governor of Lagos state, Fashola who is fighting desperately to remove the corruption tag some forces are determined to fix on his person so as to deny the nation of his technocrat services.

The latest kid in the block has been Babatunde Fowler, who is being tipped to head the National tax agency, FIRS. Not long after the notice of his appointment that the agents went to work and to the press with an unsubstantiated report of certificate forgery.

The ordinary Nigerian will not get any appointment. Those who stand to lose are still the southern politicians while their northern counterpart get the juicy offers.

For an average Nigerian, what he wants is to gain the dividence of democracy irrespective of who delivers it. Reduce or remove corruption and we will be fine.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nouthernrs Will Keep Being Appointed by HungerBAD: 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
In English what you are describing is called "Politics" and it is not synonymous to Nigeria alone.

Matter of fact, Nigerians are still learning when it comes to bringing somebody down. In most developed countries, they go far as digging facts about your Wife's Extra Marital life,and things about you that you want to keep private.

I support Buhari, but my support for him does not include turning a blind eye if he appoints questionable fellow's.

If Fowler has a questionable certificate, then he should clear that grey area up.

I know a lot of people while growing in up who attended the likes of Uniport, Lautech, Ibadan Poly, Iree Poly and the rest with incomplete WAEC result, graduated too.

One of them is a big time Bank Manager now. I also personally know the Speaker of one of the Southern States who got expelled from School for WAEC forgery, but somehow ended up a Speaker.

These people with forged this or that, people like us are waiting for them in the FUTURE, just in case they want to hold a Political Position which usually are not given to the qualified ones who did not forge.

It is not called Pull Him Down. It is called saying the Truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nouthernrs Will Keep Being Appointed by ibkgab001: 2:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
Who are the Northerners

Anyway I am a stranger here .. Within a foreign Lan

My home is far away...
Re: Why Nouthernrs Will Keep Being Appointed by abduljabbar4(m): 2:42pm On Aug 21, 2015
ibkgab001:
Who are the Northerners
Anyway I am a stranger here .. Within a foreign Lan
My home is far away...
How did u get the correct spelling since the op spelt it this way: nouthenrs
Re: Why Nouthernrs Will Keep Being Appointed by surefact: 2:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
Yes, let the north have it all...the south will always remain slave and conquered ...

The SS are spoil of war and slaves...
The SE are conquered and can't do much..
The SW are obedient servants and cowards...
The North are Lord and king of Nigeria ..

The southern foo.ls allow themselves to be divided into 3 by north while the north merge MB into north...

Fuuls can never reason. Together...
Re: Why Nouthernrs Will Keep Being Appointed by frodobee: 2:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
Frodobee :
Ewu a di mma iji ura machapu syphilis na onu ya.
Re: Why Nouthernrs Will Keep Being Appointed by ibkgab001: 2:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
abduljabbar4:

How did u get the correct spelling since the op spelt it this way: nouthenrs

Iphone auto correct
Re: Why Nouthernrs Will Keep Being Appointed by DaBullIT(m): 2:46pm On Aug 21, 2015
Slong as they do well

I do not care

One Nigeria is all that matters
Re: Why Nouthernrs Will Keep Being Appointed by Frankgenius: 2:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]kokan aye.
Re: Why Nouthernrs Will Keep Being Appointed by wordcat(m): 2:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
I don't have anything to say.
Let's see if the next poster can say something reasonable
Re: Why Nouthernrs Will Keep Being Appointed by DonXavi(m): 3:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
H
Re: Why Nouthernrs Will Keep Being Appointed by sammyj: 3:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
Still Reading !!!
Re: Why Nouthernrs Will Keep Being Appointed by Sealeddeal(m): 3:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
the OP is stupid. Trying to justify nonsense. And by the way,which Igbo group claimed that NNPC GM is not a true igbo man?

1 Like

Re: Why Nouthernrs Will Keep Being Appointed by Adelaide2: 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
9jatriot:
Notable among these has being Kachukwu, who was quickly dismissed by the Igbos as not a true son of theirs .

You are a shameless propagandist. Can you show an evidence of this claim? What people probably said is that so far there is no SE person appointed to head any position. SE is not equal to Igbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nouthernrs Will Keep Being Appointed by sammyj: 3:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
True talk OP. Thumps up!! This is the wailing wailers strategy!!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nouthernrs Will Keep Being Appointed by 9jii(m): 3:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
Someone here said the north divided the south into 3
Re: Why Nouthernrs Will Keep Being Appointed by 9jatriot(m): 8:32am On Aug 28, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's New SGF Accused Jonathan Of Being Behind Boko Haram In 2014 / Synagogue Building Collapse : T.B. Joshua Holds Memorial Service / Saraki Loyalists Hire 1500 Islamic Clerics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.