Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees (58874 Views)

Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection / Sex Of Baby In Benue Is Yet To Be Known Days After Delivery (Photos) / Quack Doctor Arrested In Lagos After 11 Years Practice (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by pasword: 8:35am On Aug 22, 2015
G
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by pretydiva(f): 8:35am On Aug 22, 2015
Dis is sad n terrible. May dis not b our portion in jesus name
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 22, 2015
Hmmm, family not interested in the case....hmmm

1 Like

Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by sidneyj(m): 8:38am On Aug 22, 2015
pyyxxaro:
Am sure the Doctor graduated from Yabatech tongue
Please be serious for once

1 Like

Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 22, 2015
Hmm i fear for my ppl .. Putting their lives in hands of so called docs...

1 Like

Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 22, 2015
pyyxxaro:

Yabatech used to have a medical school in the good old days.....
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by pyyxxaro: 8:41am On Aug 22, 2015
sidneyj:

Please be serious for once

Okay.... I won't do it again cry
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Allosaurus: 8:41am On Aug 22, 2015
Fake YOROBBA doctor! angry
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by DTOBS(m): 8:42am On Aug 22, 2015
therealdeal10:
Dat doctor knew wat e did

D police shuld pls do smtin crious
if I may ask,what did he do?
what simply happened could be a case of still-birth or a case of complication since the delivery is been done at home and I don't think proper procedure was followed neither were their any equipments on ground. and for the grandmother,it could be a case of shock seen her daughter and her new baby dead...and who knows the kind of disease in her body before.
For the doctor, he just have to flee cos he is the prime suspect. I do not see any hanky panky play out from the doctor in dis case....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by pyyxxaro: 8:42am On Aug 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Yabatech used to have a medical school in the good old days.....

Depends on u
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by mystiqueDZ(f): 8:42am On Aug 22, 2015
Rip to the dead!

Why aint they in hospital for delivery?
The doctor is a quack...

1 Like

Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by teamchocolate: 8:43am On Aug 22, 2015
Ogbeni, there is no medical school in Yabatech loool

grin
pyyxxaro:
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by oluala881: 8:44am On Aug 22, 2015
As a medical Doctor my point of view is that the Doctor did not do anything that claim the patient life, the baby might be a big bady so before coming out the baby sophocated and the grand mother died of shock because of wat she saw, the patient must have died of PPH. The only mistake the Doctor and is a great mistake is that 1. You don't take delivery in a patient house because no matter the number of instrument you took there you cannot be well equipped. Running away is another mistake, because running away means his imcompetent. RIP to the dead

6 Likes

Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Godson1996: 8:44am On Aug 22, 2015
even if the family is not interested in it can't the police prosecute murder case
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by free2ryhme: 8:44am On Aug 22, 2015
What triple tragedy! This is the case of a substandard medical care and an incompetent medical practitioner. Human lives, especially the unfortunate pregnant women and their newborns are used as experiment by quack doctors. Why did the doctor run away and not take responsibility for his medical blunder. This is a sign of utter guilt and incompetence.

1 Like

Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by ikorodureporta: 8:49am On Aug 22, 2015
Anybody fit die for naija by anytin @ anytime....
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by pyyxxaro: 8:49am On Aug 22, 2015
teamchocolate:
Ogbeni, there is no medical school in Yabatech loool

grin

Broos... na slip of hand

It won't happen again cool

1 Like

Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Orikinla(m): 8:49am On Aug 22, 2015
[size=38pt]DR. QUACK COMMITS HAVOC.[/size]
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by kevoh(m): 8:54am On Aug 22, 2015
I'm not familiar with medical procedures so I'll rather keep shut and blame nobody. R.I.P to the GrandMother, Mothet and her child.

1 Like

Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by juman(m): 8:56am On Aug 22, 2015
In nigeria pregnant women should go to hospital to deliver, they should not deliver at home.

Crisis may arise when they are giving birth to their baby it would be more easy to handle in the hospital environment.

2 Likes

Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 22, 2015
myklangelo:
Nawa ooo. May their souls rest in bosom of the Lord.

The family i believe might still be in a great shock, and i believe the doc ran as the first reaction that entered his brain.

THE FIRST AND ONLY TOTALLY IGBO LANGUAGE BLOG...Asụsụ Igbo ga-adịrịrị

www.odeniigbo.com

Hmmmm at that domain name in my language, yoruba.

But all will be well sha.
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by cornel00(m): 9:03am On Aug 22, 2015
What a tragedy angry
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by inimitkel(m): 9:03am On Aug 22, 2015
Really don't know what to believe in this...but its sad; RIP to the trio
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by mayortm001(m): 9:06am On Aug 22, 2015
RIP to de deceased undecidedRIP to de deceased
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 22, 2015
modelmike7:
This is serious! May the souls of the departed Rest in Peace. It could be an act of God and nobody's fault.

Just shut up if u have nothing reasonable to say. How can u call this an act of God? U don't read bible, yet u talk about God like u know him. Nonsense!!!!

Read Job 34:10 and James 1:13. It's impossible for God to do wicked things.
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by nationwide1(m): 9:10am On Aug 22, 2015
abat4real37:
I doubt if the man is a doctor. May their soul rest in peace
My thought exactly.

However, he might be a doctor that likes taking unworthy risk.

For example, going to take delivery at home for a primigravida is naïve on the side of the doctor. How did he follow up the pregnancy and be sure the labour would not be eventful.

Well, until we hear his side of the story, it is not right to conclude.

1 Like

Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by tonychristopher: 9:10am On Aug 22, 2015
idgerrard:

http://www.punchng.com/feature/super-saturday-crime/doctor-flees-as-delivery-goes-awry-grandmother-mother-baby-die/

Pix: Edith and Elizabeth

do I call this cowardice or incompetency or quantity medical education ...I will love to know where that doctor comes from ....which school and his village . this will be used to ascertain why he took of on mere delivery .

I was thinking of this .I need a bio of that doctor for proper analysis

rest in peace to the death and the doctor all I can say is FFUUCCKK YOU
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 22, 2015
dominique:
This is truly bizarre. The doctor should not have gone to take delivery in a house. In the case of emergency such as this, he was not equipped or staffed to to it. The bodies should be autopsied to find out the real cause of the deaths. May they RIP

Is that what you were taught in medical school?
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by idgerrard(m): 9:12am On Aug 22, 2015
First time my post will reach the front page,Hurray!!!
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 22, 2015
bizie:

Just shut up if u have nothing reasonable to say. How can u call this an act of God? U don't read bible, yet u talk about God like u know him. Nonsense!!!!

Read Job 34:10 and James 1:13. It's impossible for God to do wicked things.

Take your advice

1 Like

Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Proffdada: 9:15am On Aug 22, 2015
natas22:
The big question is why running.
he must've seen witnessed something greater than the supernatural undecided
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Nelico: 9:24am On Aug 22, 2015
This is a complex issue. Why should women even so called graduates act foolishly often during labour and delivery. May be her mother was taking d delivery and being a quack, she was not trained to recognize danger signs which prompted her to call an innocent Dr. when the woman was convulsing (ecclampsia) or bleeding from cervical tear or ruptured uterus from prolonged obstructed labour, which also could account for fetal hypoxia, fetal distress and fetal death. Being at odd hour 3am with the teaching hospitals on strike over non payment of Drs salaries and arreas, would it have been better the Dr refused to attend to the distress call? How can he get all emergency drugs, drips, blood or theatre to do the needful if the woman was already unconscious? Women should be wise enough to stop these home deliveries, traditional birth attendants and church deliveries by quacks. Govt hospitals have trained Drs (gynaecologist), of which i'm one, who can detect early and promptly manage complications. Any Dr. can flee to avoid attacks by angry family. But when he explain his side of the story, u will even reward his effort. For the family to shy away from the case means they are aware that the Dr made frantic effort to salvage the catastrophic situation. I've had courses to scold ignorant husbands and family members whenever they bring women that has laboured for days at home with a dead fetus in the womb and the woman already dead or very close to dead (unconscious, bleeding profusely in heart failure or convulsing).

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence / Why Do Some People Go About Without Bathing After Sex? / Coronavirus: Wike Reveals Identity Of Rivers Index Case, Close Down Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.