Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection (22904 Views)

Patient Dies Of Bubonic Plague In China, An Entire Village Sealed Off / COVID-19 Patient Dies In Commercial Bus In Niger / COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by correctbae: 9:19pm On May 30, 2018
A stroke patient who was rushed into a hospital gave up the ghost after the spouse pastor stopped the doctor from Injecting him.

It was posted by the doctor on Twitter @trending_medic.

He Wrote:
Stroke patient came in unconscious , we can't do anything because the patient's wife's Pastor said if Stroke patients take injections they'll finally die.
Pastor's number is going through to give us consent. This man doesn't have One hour to live but we're helpless. Tick Tock

UPDATE: Patient's spouse has given me a list of tablets to give him. The Pastor recommended it. I've politely pointed out that the patient is unconscious and can't take any tablets, besides its all multivitamins, aloe vera and stuff and it won't do much good. Tick Tock

UPDATE : Pastor finally picked his call, said we shouldn't do anything till he comes. Doubt if he did biology sef in WAEC but he's the chief consultant now. Other sick patients are legit begging this woman, unreal stuff while I pinch myself at 5mins interval, this is real ��

Final Update : Patient has absent pulse, nil breath sounds, absent heart beat, pupils fixed and dilated, resuscitation attempted and failed. Patient's dead.
Pastor came late which is kind of a relief because they would have said the injections killed the man. Man's not had breakfast cos of this. Anyways not a single dry eye right here ��

https://correctbae.ng/2018/05/30/stroke-patient-dies-in-lagos-after-pastor-stopped-him-from-taking-injection/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by Pat081: 9:31pm On May 30, 2018
Some people re born useless pastor will tell u dnt do this n they will agree nt to do it

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by Pat081: 9:32pm On May 30, 2018
Some people re born useless pastor will tell u dnt do this n they will agree nt to do it ur foolishness kill you RIP

3 Likes

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by lordm(m): 9:37pm On May 30, 2018
Religion. Na wa

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by Anigreat: 9:56pm On May 30, 2018
shocked

People who brought religion to us were the same people who introduced medicine to us...then tell me why you said i shouldn't take drugs. Are you mad?

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by thorpido(m): 9:59pm On May 30, 2018
:Don't let them give him/her injections o.Hear this all the time.smh
Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by Lazyreporta(m): 10:37pm On May 30, 2018
Is this not stupidity?

5 Likes

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by ifyalways(f): 11:03pm On May 30, 2018
One less idiot on planet earth. smiley

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by EbukaHades10(m): 11:06pm On May 30, 2018
Some people too dey carry religion for head like another thing.
That was how my roommate said his pastor said they shouldn't take medications because Children of God don't get sick. The day he got sick,well,don't ask me what happened.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by godwinkessi: 5:00am On May 31, 2018
most pastors act like made people. Who else have noticed it? They don't act like they know anything, it's as if once they become pastor their brain gets faulty! Even some members, I don't know if it's hardship but they also act like bunch of retards. Seriously I've seen more sense in listening an atheist than listening to pastors. I'm a Christian Muslim sha undecided

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by aumeehn: 5:01am On May 31, 2018
Land for sale!
Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by Brownhypo: 5:02am On May 31, 2018
Ignorance is a disease on its own. Pastors go for medicals too.
How can the pastor order the innocent patient not to take injection.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 5:04am On May 31, 2018
The fool should be arrested.

Nonsense

They just love deceiving themselves.

Still waiting of a video of an amputee prayed for and healed...

Meanwhile,
We investigate well, that pastor may be sleeping with that woman. Most women sleep with their pastor...
This could be a MURDER case.

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by Khd95(m): 5:04am On May 31, 2018
This woman is no different from brainwashed terrorists, infact she's worse, cos she just killed her own hubby..... All thanks to the "man of God"

11 Likes

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by brodalokie: 5:05am On May 31, 2018
It was the matrix that killed him. If you have money and freedom, I don't think somebody can get close to advising you to stop medication or treatment.

When a healer prays for you, you are advised to do checkups to know the current state of your health from time to time.

This sounds like a childish prank to me

10 Likes

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by MurphyG1(m): 5:06am On May 31, 2018
EbukaHades10:
Some people too dey carry religion for head like another thing.
That was how my roommate said his pastor said they shouldn't take medications because Children of God don't get sick. The day he got sick,well,don't ask me what happened.

He died?

2 Likes

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by mysteriousman(m): 5:07am On May 31, 2018
Honestly illiteracy is a huge problem in this part of the world, I bet you if the so called pastor is that educated he won't be saying this and if the people that brought the man are that educated they wouldn't have bother to consult with the pastor cos they will know what drug he will be injected with.
I'm no medical personnel but I can assure you that the little I have learnt from my curiosity about medicine can help me save many lives

2 Likes

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by roqrules04(m): 5:08am On May 31, 2018
These 3 P's are the major problems in Nigeria:

Pastors
Politicians
Police

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by Edwardhead(m): 5:08am On May 31, 2018
Na wa o
Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by Hakeem12(m): 5:09am On May 31, 2018
Religion is not the solution to anyone's problem. Religion is the problem. Why would some all powerful being create creatures capable of reason and then demand that they act in a manner contrary to their creation? Perhaps the whole root of our trouble, the human trouble, is that we will sacrifice all the beauty of our lives, will imprison ourselves in totems, taboos, crosses, blood sacrifices, steeples, mosques, races, armies, flags, nation, in order to deny the fact of death, which is the only fact we have.

13 Likes

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by kaen1317: 5:11am On May 31, 2018
End time pastors. If it's not your money they're collecting then it's fake visions they're spewing. May God show us the true light

1 Like

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by salford1: 5:13am On May 31, 2018
Religion keeps killing people so much in Nigeria.

I won't be suprised if the patient and spouse are also professors in a Nigerian university.

10 Likes

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by Lexusgs430: 5:14am On May 31, 2018
Once the vital window for thrombolysis is lost, almost all hope is lost......

1 Like

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by eyinjuege: 5:16am On May 31, 2018
Fools, but why should the pastor be the one to dictate the treatment of an unconscious stroke patient? Who has time for that?
If those who brought the man to the hospital were not ready to have him treated, why bother coming to the hospital in the first place? Why didn't they take him to the pastor to treat him straight away?
Nonsense.
Anyway, that doesn't mean the man wouldn't have still died even if they had started treatment but at least they would have given it a shot.

Lexusgs430:
Once the vital window for thrombolysis is lost, almost all hope is lost......

It might have been a bleed.
This is a genuine question, but how often do they run their CT scans in all these teaching hospitals in Nigeria? For example, how soon can an emergency stroke case like this have a CT on arrival at the hospital? You can't start thrombolysis till you exclude a bleed, or do they just do that? I know some infarcts don't show immediately on CT but bleeds do.
I fear CT scans don't work that often in the teaching hospitals, but i may be wrong sha.
What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by salford1: 5:19am On May 31, 2018
mysteriousman:
Honestly illiteracy is a huge problem in this part of the world, I bet you if the so called pastor is that educated he won't be saying this and if the people that brought the man are that educated they wouldn't have bother to consult with the pastor cos they will know what drug he will be injected with.
I'm no medical personnel but I can assure you that the little I have learnt from my curiosity about medicine can help me save many lives
Nothing to do with illiteracy. In Nigeria, religion is number one. You have got to give it to Nigerian pastors. They can hypnotize anyone, no matter your level of education. There are countless Professors and Drs in higher instutions that have also been hypnotized.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by masada: 5:19am On May 31, 2018
While God is real

Religion is so overrated

It was a means to an end for those who brought religion to us

While they have moved on with advancement and development

We stil stuck in it

Emancipate yourself from from religion slavery

12 Likes

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by henryhemon(m): 5:21am On May 31, 2018
salford1:
Religion keeps killing people so much in Nigeria.

I won't be suprised if the patient and spouse are also professors in a Nigerian university.

People just foolery in the name of religion,I'm sure someone that truly knows God won't do that because God would have advised the person to go to the hospital. Or would 've heard the voice of God clearly.

1 Like

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by damola1: 5:22am On May 31, 2018
What’s the difference between drugs and injection?

Is it not one goes through the mouth and the other through the pores of ones body.

3 Likes

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:23am On May 31, 2018
That pastor should go to jail

2 Likes

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by nazablossom(f): 5:28am On May 31, 2018
Some people don't use their senses again all in the name of religion. My colleague at work yesterday was telling me that he has been strong (that's religious way of saying you are sick) I didn't tell him sorry or asked how he is doing, I'm not trying to be insensitive here but how can you sympathize with someone that is STRONG. Just call a spade a spade, it won't kill you.

17 Likes

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by henryhemon(m): 5:28am On May 31, 2018
People play religion. I see people saying religion is a problem...true but if you practice true Christianity I'm sure you would know that it didn't advised one to be stupid. It says in all thy getting get wisdom because wisdom is the principal thing. Wisdom would 've reset those ones brain to know the difference between being stupid,playing religion. Infact if you 've a relationship with God you won't need a Pastor for anything..

4 Likes

Re: Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection by dkronicle(m): 5:29am On May 31, 2018
Some pastors are just mad. My moms pastor is a doctor, his members do go to his hospital for free medication. Pastor wey no con study medicine wan con dey stop stroke patient from receiving treatment. That pastor needs to die

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chloroquine Potent For COVID-19 Prevention - NAFDAC DG, Prof Christianah Adeyeye / Strange Disease Kills 57 In Igboeze North, Enugu State / Teenager Commits Suicide In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.