Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,018 members, 7,838,559 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Naira Rallies Against The Dollar - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Rallies Against The Dollar (46998 Views)

Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euros / How Buhari Can Crash The Dollar/naira Disparity- Ifeanyi Ubah / See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by emzila(m): 9:52am On Aug 22, 2015
BishopMagic:

Passingshit, we are waiting for one naira to be equal to one dollar.

When GEJ left it was trading at 190 and you call 208 progress?

You must be as daft as your boko commander

another educated illiterate has been let loose by one of the quack college of education awarded university title by a fake Phd hold who does not know what it takes an institution to attain university status. Go and pick the newspaper and read again, if at all u had read it before and u will find out that Buhari was never quoted(" "wink as saying that he will make one naira equal to one dollar. People like u keep saying no job when the truth is that u aren't employable. I hate half bake graduate of any level.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 22, 2015
ocelot2006:

It NEVER went beyond 190 under GEJ. Keep lying.
official rate but unofficial was far above 220

1 Like

Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by wristbangle: 9:54am On Aug 22, 2015
BishopMagic:

GEJ met it @ 150 or less but left it @ 190 meanwhile the naira devaluation was fast hitting pit when PMB resumed duties @ 197.

Do the mathematics and calculate the difference. Who is the clueless abeg?

Tell me what the clueless one achieved under 8years. Yeye dey smell.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by ocelot2006(m): 9:55am On Aug 22, 2015
Horlufemi:

When Jonathan came in how much was the dollar?

When I Jonathan left how much was the dollar?

Please answer. And please don't insult me cos I didn't insult u.

You're aware that at the tail end of the GEJ's administration, the price of oil crashed dramatically due to the excess shale oil pumped into the global market by the United States of America, which in turn led to the devaluation of the Naira, right? So if you're trying to lay the blame on GEJ, I suggest you go do a bit more reading.

1 Like

Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by Rilwon: 9:55am On Aug 22, 2015
PassingShot:
Another sad day for wailers who will never see any good in this country.

The bad news they pray for shall be their lot. grin

[size=20pt] AMEN [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by Baawaa(m): 9:55am On Aug 22, 2015
Obynolee:

You really don't know what you are talking about but soon you will realize, when most importers emptied their warehouse
What will happened when the importers empty their warehouses They will import another goods with new exchange rate,invariably,they will buy more dollars with their Nairas,and it will lead to reduction on imported goods.
Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by PassingShot(m): 9:56am On Aug 22, 2015
ocelot2006:

It NEVER went beyond 190 under GEJ. Keep lying.
Specifically, it was 230 before the election. Educate yourself pls. It was even reported here.
Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 22, 2015
Thabk God o. Hope it keeps rising against all currencies
Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by ExInferis(m): 9:57am On Aug 22, 2015
BishopMagic:

Shut up you bloody liar.

It was 190 as at May 29.

I know because I converted some of my savings to my dorm account in apprehension that it will further fall.

Wow, so you converted your savings to your DORMITORY account? Nice!

Me, i converted mine to my DOMICILIARY account, as normal people do.

#SchoolTheFool

6 Likes

Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 22, 2015
metorichmond:
What type of rally? The op though

lolx...naira rally now.
Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by Truckpusher(m): 9:58am On Aug 22, 2015
PassingShot:

How does my prayer for those who wish the country bad become a problem for you or anyone who doesn't wish the country bad?
I was referring to Buhariconomics that you and your kind are celebrating .

From an economic perspective ,do you think that what the FG is doing to resuscitate the naira is the way forward ?

How about when industries begin to lay off workers in their thousands ,ushering in an austerity measure and thereby increasing civil unrest which in turn will give hoodlums a free hand to operate undisturbed because the attention of security personnel would be divided and the menace of boko haram in the North East ? Do you think that we have the security,facility and technical know-how to battle these things without running into chaos? Mr passingshot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by kenoz(m): 9:59am On Aug 22, 2015
Thank Jah
Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by wristbangle: 10:01am On Aug 22, 2015
ocelot2006:

You're aware that at the tail end of the GEJ's administration, the price of oil crashed dramatically due to the excess shale oil pumped into the global market by the United States of America, which in turn led to the devaluation of the Naira, right? So if you're trying to lay the blame on GEJ, I suggest you go do a bit more reading.

Excuse me... GEJ needs to blame for the current devaluation of naira. Meanwhile what happened to our siphoned foreign reserve. Agreed shale oil forced crude oil price to crash. The clueless one know the consequence of shale oil in market but why can't he close the leak holes in the economy by resurrecting other sectors such as Agric and co to cover up the mess.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by LasoulMacuby(m): 10:01am On Aug 22, 2015
BishopMagic:

GEJ left the dollar trading at 190 and this was as a result of serious apprehension on the outcome of the presidential election.

In less than a month, the dollar spiked to 250. And today you are celebrating a change from 190 to 208 as progress?

You daft fool
ur stupidity is epic. y not just leave Nigeria and run to a pathetic hole in Timbuktu. we will never miss u, I promise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by BishopMagic: 10:01am On Aug 22, 2015
ExInferis:

Wow, so you converted your savings to your DORMITORY account? Nice!

Me, i converted mine to my DOMICILIARY account, as normal people do.

#SchoolTheFool

Olofo you have no argument.

Keep picking arguments from my abbreviations like the foolish clueless zombie Buharist you are.

Whether dorm or dom you got my drift.

Fool
Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by Matttthew(m): 10:01am On Aug 22, 2015
Baawaa:
That is CHANGE!
Never again JonaTAN in this nation grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I wanted to hit the like' twice but I go unlike am b dah.... One like for ya post and the other for your signature.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by BishopMagic: 10:03am On Aug 22, 2015
LasoulMacuby:

ur stupidity is epic. y not just leave Nigeria and run to a pathetic hole in Timbuktu. we will never miss u, I promise

I have time for all the Nigerian zombies this Saturday morning.

Get ready to have a new map and a smaller, poorer and dumber nation.

Useless parasites
Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 22, 2015
BishopMagic:

And you need a total brain overhaul. When GEJ leftz dollar to naira was more than 210undecided

3 Likes

Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by PassingShot(m): 10:04am On Aug 22, 2015
Truckpusher:
I was referring to Buhariconomics that you and your kind are celebrating .

From an economic perspective ,do you think that what the FG is doing to resuscitate the naira is the way forward ?

How about when industries begin to lay off workers in their thousands ,ushering in an austerity measure and thereby increasing civil unrest which in turn will give hoodlums a free hand to operate undisturbed because their attention would be divided and the menace of boko haram in the North East ? Do you think that we have the security,facility and technical know-how to battle these things without running into chaos? Mr passingshot.
What makes you think industries will start laying off workers?
On the contrary, employment drive is gathering momentum.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by ashieduplus(m): 10:05am On Aug 22, 2015
BishopMagic:

Shut up you bloody liar.

It was 190 as at May 29.

I know because I converted some of my savings to my dorm account in apprehension that it will further fall.

Y do u love to lie? What do you gain from this blatant falsehood?

The dollar traded above 225 at the parallel market before May 29.

FYI I work in a bank.

5 Likes

Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by Evaromantik(m): 10:05am On Aug 22, 2015
BishopMagic:

Fool.

Better start planting whatever cash crop because the oil will no longer fund your useless parasitic nation.
guy,you get sense well-well.......it seems we'll get a name for them

1 Like

Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by Evaromantik(m): 10:08am On Aug 22, 2015
BishopMagic:

Fool.

Better start planting whatever cash crop because the oil will no longer fund your useless parasitic nation.
guy,you get sense well-well.......it seems we'll get a name for them.......bunch of numpties celebrating Naira @ 208 against the Dollar

2 Likes

Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by ExInferis(m): 10:09am On Aug 22, 2015
BishopMagic:

Olofo you have no argument.

Keep picking arguments from my abbreviations like the foolish clueless zombie Buharist you are.

Whether dorm or dom you got my drift.

Fool

No, i dont get your drift, Mr Oaf. If you're in haste to exhibit how perennially dense you're and consequently you suffered brain failure (as is usual with wailers) then only blame your lack of dexterity.

There is 'dom' account, where i put my dollars, and there is 'dorm' account, where apparently you save your meager lunch money for the hostel swill they serve you in whatever asylum you're currently in.

I understand the humiliation of your erstwhile benefactor GEJ is causing you untold pain, but really you've to cowboy the fckk up and suck it in before you hurt yourself, you lil snot nosed punk.

Buhari is here, get over it.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by Zico5(m): 10:11am On Aug 22, 2015
BishopMagic:

Fool.

You re the major fool
Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by Truth234(m): 10:11am On Aug 22, 2015
simseg01:
The Naira, on Friday, regained its strength and appreciated to N208 to the Dollar in the parallel market, compared with the N212 it traded for on Thursday.
The British Pound Sterling and the Euro also traded at N330 and N230, respectively, at the parallel market on Friday.
The official interbank exchange rate, however, remained at N197 to the Dollar.
Olufukeje Adegbeye, a currency trader, attributed the fluctuation of the Naira to the global devaluation of the dollar and recent monetary policies of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN); adding that the intervention of the CBN had stifled the forces of demand and supply in the nation’s currency market.
“The businessman on the street should be taken into consideration,” he said. “Some of our manufacturers still depend on the importation of raw materials for their operations. The policy
on foreign exchange restriction has made life extremely difficult for manufacturers.”
He also said that the CBN, through its policies, has created avenues for the cross border smuggling of foreign currencies, especially the dollar.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/naira-rallies-against-the-dollar/

Daily rubbish, there is nothing like global devaluation of dollar, dollar is currently the most appreciated major currency with over 20 percent appreciation this year alone. Naira simply appreciate because of reduce in the demand for dollar at the parallel market, since banks are not accepting it.
Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by emeka2847: 10:12am On Aug 22, 2015
Clueless Jonathan?
[size=5pt]N[/size]eve[size=13pt]r[/size] [size=15pt]a[/size][size=17pt]g[/size][size=19pt]a[/size][size=21pt]i[/size][size=23pt]n[/size][size=25pt]![/size]

BishopMagic:

Fool.

1 Like

Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by stevecantrell: 10:15am On Aug 22, 2015
PassingShot:
Liar! It was way above 220 when GEJ left.
I wonder ooo..
Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by Truckpusher(m): 10:15am On Aug 22, 2015
PassingShot:

What makes you think industries will start laying off workers?
On the contrary, employment drive is gathering momentum.
When you choke the economy to have a false sense of appreciation in the value of your currency against the dollar that controls the global market , you're simply kicking out mini industries which is the soul of the bigger industries and provides a lot of job opportunities to the teeming population ,what will happen next is a massive layoff as a result of lack of funding from the financial houses such as banks and with the further drop in oil price which is the mainstay and driver of our economy every other industry will simply go comatose .

This is simple elementary economics my friend.
Like someone rightly said that you're stock pilling food in the house while your kids and family members are hungry just to have a feeling of having surplus food at home ,what happens if any one of the people or half of them that makes and help you stock pile the food becomes too weak to work or dies as a result of hunger will you have the same force as a family ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by Etizz: 10:15am On Aug 22, 2015
BishopMagic:

Ohh you are still one of the deluded fools who think Nijeriya still exist.
I pity you arewastani citizen
Thanks
Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 22, 2015
BishopMagic:

Shut up you bloody liar.

It was 190 as at May 29.

Better convert it back to naira, because with the way Baba is working you might lose all your savings if left in your DOM account.

SAI BUHARI.
Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by 989900: 10:21am On Aug 22, 2015
BishopMagic:

[s]When you father came in and left, he left his sexual transmitted foolery in your mother.[/s]

Re: Naira Rallies Against The Dollar by Truckpusher(m): 10:23am On Aug 22, 2015
Truth234:

Daily rubbish, there is nothing like global devaluation of dollar, dollar is current the most appreciated major currency with over 20 percent appreciation this year alone. Naira simply appreciate because of reduce in the demand for dollar at the parallel market, since banks are not accepting it.
It is called Bubariconomics. grin

Omo! Most of these Buhari supporters are dumber than I had thought.
Damn! How can a people be so gullible ? shocked shocked

Make I go play PS jare , uncle Bubu has done it again o. grin
Choi! It's quite sad to come from a nation where 70% of her youths are blind,deaf and dumb .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

70 Igbo Billionaires To Turn The East To An Industrial Hub / Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? / Breaking: DSS Arrests Ifeanyi Ubah Over N11b Oil Theft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.