Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

SPIDER-MAN 4 (A Fanfic) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SPIDER-MAN 4 (A Fanfic) (779 Views)

Madame Koi Koi 4 (a Trip Down Fgc Ikirun Lane) / Merlin Fanfic Story / The Spider; The Butterfly, The Struggle For Survival And The Beauty Of Creation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SPIDER-MAN 4 (A Fanfic) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 22, 2015
DISCLAIMER: I do not owe the rights to marvel characters. This is just for fun.

CHAPTER ONE - Graduation Day

The face wasn't moving. There was nothing even special about it. It was just the face of a boy in his early twenties. Let me rephrase that, a boy who is supposed to be a man now. He still wears round glasses and has nerdy looks that makes Flash Thompson want to try bullying him. He is so shy that he shivers when asking even Sally Avril out for a date.

Right now, this guy looks tired and unethusiastic. His life continues but he doesn't get what he always wants even though he could be anything he ever wanted. He must be a fool for taking up the ethos of his beloved Uncle Ben - With great power comes great responsibility.

I couldn't help looking at the photograph I had uploaded as my profile picture. Believe it or not I'm Spider-man, go ahead and take a laugh. When I'm not wearing the mask, I'm just plain old Peter Parker. "Plain" with a capital "P." There's nothing special to see here. As you alk know, the best way to get to know what someone like is through Facebook.

I'm on Facebook. If you look at my profile page then you can get a sense of who Peter Parker really is. Maybe you won't learn much about me by looking at my stripper name.

I clicked on an icon and here's what it said; Peter Parker's stripper name is Fluffy Feathermac.

You won't even learn much by my geek rating which says I'm geekier than 97% of facebook.

Well, maybe my geek rating says something. But under accomplishments, I've graduated high school and am a university honor student. But what has Peter Parker really done to make a difference? How many lives has he touched?
Re: SPIDER-MAN 4 (A Fanfic) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 22, 2015
Spiderman is one of my favourite characters and trust me, I WILL KILL YOU if you don't do justice to his story. grin grin

Let's see how it goes.
Re: SPIDER-MAN 4 (A Fanfic) by Nobody: 5:52am On Aug 23, 2015
I clicked on the friends section of my Facebook account and after doing some quick counting. I found out that I had 284 friends, so unreal. Sure, I may have a lot of Facebook friends but come on...it's Facebook.

I don't even know most of these people or maybe I said 'hi' to them once in the hall. My high school nemesis, Flash Thompson requested to be my friend and he's even 'poked' me twice. That sounds so wrong. Now if this was Spider-Man's Facebook page, we'd see a man who really has made a difference.

A little minimizing on the computer and my facebook account was replaced by Spider-Man's Page. A picture of me swinging on my web and waving to a camera fills the screen. Spider-Man has 704,382 friends and his wall is filled with messages from people whose lives he was saved.

These messages bring me joy. They also give me memories which I will never forget.

When I put on that mask, I feel free. And when I take it off, I feel -- I feel empty. Peter Parker has lost most of the people who were close to him. All I have are memories.

Memories like the day I pulled a cat out of the tree, jumped to the street and handed it to a little girl. What about the day I saved two kids from a burning building. Maybe it's time to leave this computer and go be a hero. It's time to be Spider-Man.

Spider-Man swung through the city as fast as he could leaping from web to web and jumping buildings. Down there in the middle of Manhattan traffic, a robbery hold up was taking shape. Two crowbar toting gangsters were harassing their victim, a lady in her car. I swung down and grabbed one of the crooks, taking him with me. Before the other could make a getaway, I spinned a web and pulled him back to join his comrade. I left the partners in crime hanging from a street lamp. Sirens blared as police cruisers began to show up, I'm kind of running late so they will take it from here. The crowd cheered as I took to the skies again.

No one except maybe J. Jonah Jameson will argue that Spiderman hasn't made a difference. He's saved hundred of lives and has even saved the city from oblivion on more than one occasion. Every time I put on that mask. I feel like someone important.

The university campus came into full view, I landed on a factory tower and took it all in. This is Empire State University, the place where stars are made. This are the last days of my being here, I'm graduating. Students were going in and out in droves. Some arrived in their posh cars. A few were taking pictures in their graduation garments and waving 'hi' to friends and family.

"Hey look, it's Spidey," said a dude in a football jacket to his clique of friends on catching a glance of me. I leaped from my vantage point and grabbed another string of web and was gone before they could see me. I swinged into the campus and landed on a roof discreetly without noise. I quickly took off my mask.

(1) (Reply)

How The Novel, Harry Potter Got Published. Unbelievable!! / Any Writer In Ibadan? / At Midnight.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.