Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,386 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo (26267 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix / Aisha Buhari Lays Foundation For 50-Bed Maternity Clinic In Katsina (Photos) / Governor Udom Emmanuel Lays Stone For AIT In Akwa Ibom (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by Rexyl(m): 6:09am On Aug 23, 2015
Happiness87:
PDP governors busy performing, APC governors busy spreading lies and propaganda

Opposition parties are often the best performing parties in Nigeria while the ruling party are associated with gra gra, threats, and initially unnoticed corruption which grows out of manageable proportion to a level that could spoil the system. Hope APC won't follow the trend sha... The party has been talking too much, always counting on the failure of past administrations while some States have alredy compromised in keeping promises of their manifestoes.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by searay(m): 6:13am On Aug 23, 2015
ignis:
Shoprite going to igbo land. ...
Akwa Ibom is not Igbo.
Stop expressing your ignorance in a public domain.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by anigold(m): 7:17am On Aug 23, 2015
Raxxye:
Nice one. Akwa Ibom ayaya!
so we should leave Udia Itam and Udia Akpan Andem to Shoprite...
Iso right.......
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by blackpriest0911: 7:21am On Aug 23, 2015
Is shop rite an achievement My dear it's a private thing not Government....shame on TANoids
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by totorimi: 7:28am On Aug 23, 2015
action governor. kudos
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by 400billionman: 7:40am On Aug 23, 2015
EgunMogaji:
I can't wait for Walmart to come in and f up this monopoly up.

According to the writer, shoprite is the biggest retail chain worldwide.

Is shoprite really bigger than Walmart ?
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by Youngpo413: 8:00am On Aug 23, 2015
Aitee1:
Wey the money wey we go take do the shopping for the shopright

Increase the salary of the civil servant jare undecided
money no be problem
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:17am On Aug 23, 2015
Happiness87:

Heheheheheheehehe

100% False.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by Alal(m): 8:18am On Aug 23, 2015
Shoprite, is an achievement to our so called leaders now, funny enough, Mimiko of Ondo layed off workers of Owena Motels cos of Shoprite. What's this all about.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by StOla: 8:24am On Aug 23, 2015
EgunMogaji:
I can't wait for Walmart to come in and f up this monopoly up.

Nigerians always waiting for foreign firms when they can do same themselves.

So at what point would you then attempt to fck up the foreign monopoly with local competition?

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 23, 2015
Happiness87:
when does opening of business outlet on behalf of an investors become an achievement. Always think b4 u post comments. U r definately entitle to ur own opinion.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 23, 2015
StOla:

Nigerians always waiting for foreign firms when they can do same themselves.

So at what point would you then attempt to fck up the foreign monopoly with local competition?

Mr. Illustrious son of Africa, what's stopping you from doing the same?

Some of us are not close minded twits and we think and live globally.

I own stocks in Walmart and not Shoprite so it's my personal interest to see them do well. Walmart employs many Nigerians.

Stop thinking like a villager.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 23, 2015
400billionman:

According to the writer, shoprite is the biggest retail chain worldwide.

Is shoprite really bigger than Walmart ?

Shoprite is not bigger than Walmart especially when you include Sams Club.

It's just the typical lazy Nigerian press style. How could he have done proper research when nepa don take light commot.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by StOla: 10:16am On Aug 23, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Mr. Illustrious son of Africa, what's stopping you from doing the same?

Some of us are not close minded twits and we think and live globally.

I own stocks in Walmart and not Shoprite so it's my personal interest to see them do well. Walmart employs many Nigerians.

Stop thinking like a villager.

You should have told us you're more of a foreigner with foreign interests, I wouldn't have wasted my words on you.

My words were directed at Nigerians waiting for foreigners to bring them civilization.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 23, 2015
StOla:

You should have told us you're more of a foreigner with foreign interests, I wouldn't have wasted my words on you.

My words were directed at Nigerians waiting for foreigners to bring them civilization.

I have no responsibility to educate you and I never posted pointedly at you.

You're a non entity and an irrelevant close minded one at that.

You should be careful how you use the word waste and you need to learn how to quite properly to the correct audience.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by StOla: 10:33am On Aug 23, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I have no responsibility to educate you and I never posted pointedly at you.

You're a non entity and an irrelevant close minded one at that.

You should be careful how you use the word waste and you need to learn how to quite properly to the correct audience.

The same way your post was irrelevant to the topic and to the milestone recorded by Akwa Ibom state and shoprite.

You were only expressing your frustration as a person of interest with a competitor retailer, as such they were just sour grapes.

I wish shoprite well with its monopoly, till local investors wake up.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 23, 2015
StOla:

The same way your post was irrelevant to the topic and to the milestone recorded by Akwa Ibom state and shoprite.

You were only expressing your frustration as a person of interest with a competitor retailer, as such they were just sour grapes.

I wish shoprite well with its monopoly, till local investors wake up.

My post was absolutely on topic and as not pointed to you like I said since you are and still remain a non entity.

My post was not directed at close minded nitwits as that is not my audience. You directly quoted me.

Walmart has already came to Lagos and they already have an African market development team. I look forward to them coming in and destabilizing the status quo while increasing my families bottom line.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by tonimenia: 10:54am On Aug 23, 2015
It is a welcome development!

Meanwhile,

Just Rush Now & Get Your Own 100

Hottest Business Opportunities,

Free Financial Assistance And Latest

Money Making Ideas Like Over 5,000

Other Nigerians Who Are Already

Millionaires With These Immediately

Without Delay Right Now By Clicking On
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 23, 2015
Good things are coming to Nigeria grin

Bad belles and nit wits that are against international penetrants of our market should stock up on Panadol.

"http://allafrica.com/stories/201507311128.html

Nigeria: Walmart Set to Operate in Lagos

Benin — Walmart, a leading global brand in retail sector, is set to start establish its presence in Lagos, the Chief Executive Officer of Walmart Europe, Middle East, Africa and Canada, Mrs. Shelley Broader, has disclosed.

Broader who led a delegation to Governor Akinwunmi Ambode at the Lagos House yesterday, said the Walmart brand, which is currently in 28 countries with over 2.2 million employees, would be beneficial to the growth of Lagos State and support the governor's vision to make life comfortable for residents.

Receiving the delegation, Ambode said the presence of the brand in Lagos would go a long way not only in creating jobs but also boosting the economy of the state.

He added that his administration was ready to give the necessary support to the organisation to establish its presence in Lagos."
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by Happiness87(f): 11:04am On Aug 23, 2015
glink2015:
when does opening of business outlet on behalf of an investors become an achievement. Always think b4 u post comments. U r definately entitle to ur own opinion.

FYI, the building is owned by state government, shoprite will lease it, hence it has generated revenue, jobs will e created , starting from the construction of this facility till infinity.

minimum of 500 jobs have just been created.

see the chain reaction and stop being a social critique

next time reason before you talk
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by Happiness87(f): 11:05am On Aug 23, 2015
Alal:
Shoprite, is an achievement to our so called leaders now, funny enough, Mimiko of Ondo layed off workers of Owena Motels cos of Shoprite. What's this all about.

FYI, the building is owned by state government, shoprite will lease it, henceit has generated revenue, jobs will e created , starting from the construction of this facility till infinitysee the chain rection and stop being a social critique
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by Happiness87(f): 11:09am On Aug 23, 2015
anigold:

Iso right.......
very soon, those markets will turn to malls, if you have business there, start thinking of how you will package your services
eg packaged meat, packaged vegetables, hahaha.

no more open air markets
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by 400billionman: 11:09am On Aug 23, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Shoprite is not bigger than Walmart especially when you include Sams Club.

It's just the typical lazy Nigerian press style. How could he have done proper research when nepa don take light commot.

From Wikipedia, Walmart is many times bigger than Shoprite.. In fact Walmart is the largest corporation in the world by revenue. ..

2 Likes

Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by Happiness87(f): 11:11am On Aug 23, 2015
blackpriest0911:
Is shop rite an achievement My dear it's a private thing not Government....shame on TANoids

how much is Lagos state making from the shopping malls they owned.
Ambode, just revoked Falemo contract, at 50million naira, because he feels it was too cheap.

FYI, the building is owned by state government, shoprite will lease it, hence it has generated revenue, jobs will e created , starting from the construction of this facility till infinity
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by 400billionman: 11:12am On Aug 23, 2015
Happiness87:

FYI, the building is owned by state government, shoprite will lease it, hence it has generated revenue, jobs will e created , starting from the construction of this facility till infinity.

minimum of 500 jobs have just been created.

next time reason before you talk

Is that the model shoprite operates nationwide? For one, I know it's joint venture, land belongs to state, who does the building ?
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by Happiness87(f): 11:16am On Aug 23, 2015
400billionman:

Is that the model shoprite operates nationwide? For one, I know it's joint venture, land belongs to state, who does the building ?

it depends on the agreement, the one in ikeja and osun state is owned by Tinubu, Shoprite and all the other shop owners pay rent to tinubu
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by Nicepoker(m): 11:57am On Aug 23, 2015
Aitee1:
Wey the money wey we go take do the shopping for the shopright

Increase the salary of the civil servant jare undecided
have u heard of the word IGR before?
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by Nicepoker(m): 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2015
IzonOwei:
We need more of industrialization than just shopping malls opening up in every nook and cranny of the country..we need infrastructures that can make Nigeria a great exporter..we need our steel industries revived..textile industries..the aero industry..agriculture...automobile....mining industry...we dont need shopping malls..no money to buy stuff there... angry
automobile assembly plant is loading. Foundation has been laid already.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by Ifynoble100(m): 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
anigold:

Iso right.......
@ anigold it is not Udia Itam n Udia Akpan Andem but it is Urua Itam n Urua Akpan Andem
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by otiigba1(m): 2:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
This shoprite capitalists are gradually taking over nigerian cities, perhaps it's time i start buying into their shares.

Any one knows how i can do that?
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by anigold(m): 2:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
Ifynoble100:

@ anigold it is not Udia Itam n Udia Akpan Andem but it is Urua Itam n Urua Akpan Andem
sorry udua itam n udua akpan andem
Re: Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo by mildflame: 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2015
SHOPRITE or SHOPWRONG get ready 2PACK ur ARSE out of dat office

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yemi Mobolade Becomes First Black Colorado Mayor / Armed Security At Venue Of PDP Convention In Rivers(photos / Bisi Akande Embarrassed Us With His Comments On Buhari, 2019 - Southwest APC Gov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.