Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,220 members, 7,849,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:42 AM

Nigerians March Against Corruption, Demand Probe Of Oritsejafor, Okonjo Iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians March Against Corruption, Demand Probe Of Oritsejafor, Okonjo Iweala (691 Views)

Ijaw Youth Council Plans One-million-man March Against Buhari / Families Of Missing DSS Agents Petition Buhari, Demand Probe / Nigerians Demand Probe Of Oritsejafor, Okonjo-iweala, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians March Against Corruption, Demand Probe Of Oritsejafor, Okonjo Iweala by boman2014: 10:34pm On Aug 22, 2015
A coalition of Nigerian citizens today rallied in
support of President Muhammadu Buhari's anti-
corruption style of administration, mainly
stressing that all corrupt past officials who have
looted the nation's wealth must be brought to
bear.

A
coalition of Nigerian citizens today rallied in support of
President Muhammadu Buhari's anti-corruption style of
administration, mainly stressing that all corrupt past officials
who have looted the nation's wealth must be brought to bear.
The group rallied from the popular Gani Fawehinmi Freedom
Park in Ojota to the bridge at Obafemi Awolowo way in Ikeja,
demanding the probe and prosecution of persons who are
found to be responsible for embezzlement of public wealth.
Specifically, they demanded the prosecution of former Minister

of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy under
the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan,
Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala. They said the Minister should
answer questions why the treasury was drained despite wealth
gained by Nigeria in trades in the past years. Also, the
controversial President of Christian Association of Nigeria
(CAN), Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor was mentioned for probe and
prosecution.

The group cited the promises of President Muammadu Buhari
to rid the country of corruption and return all looted money
back to the country for development projects, pledging support

of Nigerians for the President on this bid.
"We are impressed and want the probes to begin. Nigeria's
wealth has long been drained and millions of people are
rendered unnecessarily poor. So we support President
Muhammadu Buhari on his mission to prosecute corrupt
persons and return discipline into the body polity," leaders of
the rally said.

The rally started at about 10 AM at the Freedom Park in Ojota
and ended at about 1pm at the under-bridge bus stop in Ikeja.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/08/22/nigerians-march-against-corruption-lagos-demand-probe-oritsejafor-okonjo-iweala-others

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Nigerians March Against Corruption, Demand Probe Of Oritsejafor, Okonjo Iweala by ladyF(f): 10:35pm On Aug 22, 2015
On point!! I can't wait for the probes to begin.

Expand the prisons before they start pls. grin
Re: Nigerians March Against Corruption, Demand Probe Of Oritsejafor, Okonjo Iweala by HerexG(m): 10:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
It's a pity these people still walk free on the street, while many gullibly worships one thinking he is a man of God not knowing that he is man of himself

My dear president, if them like make them go heaven come back , probe them all never spare any one of their sorry faces

Smh
Re: Nigerians March Against Corruption, Demand Probe Of Oritsejafor, Okonjo Iweala by dunkem21(m): 10:45pm On Aug 22, 2015
Lol grin
Re: Nigerians March Against Corruption, Demand Probe Of Oritsejafor, Okonjo Iweala by RedCard1(m): 10:54pm On Aug 22, 2015
Good move and while at it, plz remind PMB that we are still waiting for the 5k monthly payment he promised us. I can't forget that money in a hurry. To me, it's neither too big nor small.

LAST SUPPER: We need updates on the probe of GEJ. Mr ex minister of power, Nebo should be probed too cos me don't know what he did to our electricity during his reign.
Re: Nigerians March Against Corruption, Demand Probe Of Oritsejafor, Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
So pathetic that someone will rally in support of fight against corruption in Lagos mentioning Okonjo Iweala and Orisajeofor. I am not against probing anyone I guess this march should be centered on probing Fashola and Tinubu if it is not politically motivated.

I pity those whom the politicians are using.
Re: Nigerians March Against Corruption, Demand Probe Of Oritsejafor, Okonjo Iweala by Firefire(m): 10:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
grin cheesy
Re: Nigerians March Against Corruption, Demand Probe Of Oritsejafor, Okonjo Iweala by mekaboy(m): 11:03pm On Aug 22, 2015
Okonjo iweala who has defended herself with facts against all aligation against her that u want to probe. But fashola who claimed to upgrade his website with 78m is a saint.

When we r truly ready to fight corruption in this country i will know.
Re: Nigerians March Against Corruption, Demand Probe Of Oritsejafor, Okonjo Iweala by Abugab(m): 11:17pm On Aug 22, 2015
Anti corruption war, are the people really ready for it?
The efforts of govt is always being attacked by the victims of the same corruption labelling it as being selective, tribalistic, vilifying GEJ and his administration, APC has more corrupt people (giving credence to the known fact that PDP is corrupt), what happens to Tinubu, Amaechi and recently Fashola, the war is one chance....
I see and I weep for my people but the fact still remains, some people will surely gone down, some will get plea bargain because of their cooperation but getting started is the beginning and that is what counts.

(1) (Reply)

Dasuki Trials Start On Tuesday / “why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up / Power Outage Stalls Sarakis Trial,chairman Is Hiding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.