Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? (1178 Views)

Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be a Close Friend With Single Guy? / Zimbabwean Married Woman Thanks Wrong Man For ‘Hot Sex’ / Man Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman In Bayelsa Caught Pants Down (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by 5minsmadness: 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2015
Is it ok for a married woman to go into business with a single guy?
Re: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by miriamgroove: 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
DEPENDS ON THE KIND OR TYPE OF BIZNESS...
Re: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:30pm On Aug 23, 2015
Depending on d woman's intention, if it's strictly business, NO PROBS. But, if it's otherwise, U No See Me..
Re: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by ladyF(f): 4:34pm On Aug 23, 2015
So far they handle it professionally, there should be no cause for alarm...
Re: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by 5minsmadness: 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
miriamgroove:
DEPENDS ON THE KIND OR TYPE OF BIZNESS...

It's beauty saloon buisness.
Re: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by taryour(f): 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
5minsmadness:
Is it ok for a married woman to go into business with a single guy?

its called A BUSINESS not a relationship. abi both of them have other plans up in their head ni.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by miriamgroove: 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
5minsmadness:

It's beauty saloon buisness.
how is the man involved in the bizness..
Re: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
Its like asking if a married woman can work for a single guy in the office or vice versa.
Many married women work for a man in a one man business, just as many single men work for married women too.

It all depends on the people involved and how they intend to run their business, their motives also the type of people they are before before.

One of my businesses is with a single guy
Nothing untoward has never even popped into my head. Its my money I am interested in cool grin

Hubby and I sat down with him before we even started the biz and we all agreed the terms of the business, so there is no need for misunderstanding or stories later in the day.
He is also someone that we had studied before and had proved himself to be reliable.
So far so good no issues

If the husband is involved and boundrys clearly laid down & homework done well beforehand, I dont see an issue.
Re: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
My dear.... Let the spouse join tooooooo!

As far as this thing is concerned, anything can happen!
Re: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by Kimoni: 4:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
All things being equal, there is nothing bad but when you remember Stella Damasus & Daniel Ademinokan and other cases, you tend to think twice. They will both be spending a lot of time together and it would me more comforting if the lady is also married.

But truly, at the end of the day, it boils down to individuals.
Re: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by 5minsmadness: 5:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
taryour:

its called A BUSINESS not a relationship. abi both of them have other plans up in their head ni.

and how will u know if they have other plans?
Re: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by 5minsmadness: 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
miriamgroove:

how is the man involved in the bizness..
The man is the one bringing the money. He wants to employ barbers then he takes the married woman as his buisness partner (she knows how to make hair). He told the woman not to worry about contributing any money.
Re: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
5minsmadness:

The man is the one bringing the money. He wants to employ barbers then he takes the married woman as his buisness partner (she knows how to make hair). He told the woman not to worry about contributing any money.

Already the plans seem skewed
There is nothing firm in place
so to even forget about a love affair and put that to one side, they will eventually fall out becasue of money & how the place is being run
Is she going to be the manager?
Is she going to manage the barbers that the man brings to the business
Is the man even going to be there?
He is better off empoying her as a hairdresser
Re: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by 5minsmadness: 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
tearoses:
Its like asking if a married woman can work for a single guy in the office or vice versa.
Many married women work for a man in a one man business, just as many single men work for married women too.

It all depends on the people involved and how they intend to run their business, their motives also the type of people they are before before.

One of my businesses is with a single guy
Nothing untoward has never even popped into my head. Its my money I am interested in cool grin

Hubby and I sat down with him before we even started the biz and we all agreed the terms of the business, so there is no need for misunderstanding or stories later in the day.
He is also someone that we had studied before and had proved himself to be reliable.
So far so good no issues

If the husband is involved and boundrys clearly laid down & homework done well beforehand, I dont see an issue.

Hi tearoses,

the thing is, the husband noticed the woman and the single guy have been chatting a lot on bbm. Nothing incriminating was seen by him sha. And she even told him who the guy was when he asked. A few weeks later she came and told him that the single guy wants to open a beauty saloon with her as a partner. In fact she was going to inspect the shop with him that day and she mentioned it to him in passing and he called her back. When she explained everything the man refused and said he doesnt know the guy well enough. the wife insisted that the guy is a good guy, innocent etc. The woman didnt go to inspect the shop again but she still pesters the husband that she wants to go into buisness with the single guy.
Re: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by 5minsmadness: 5:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
tearoses:

Already the plans seem skewed
There is nothing firm in place
so to even forget about a love affair and put that to one side, they will eventually fall out becasue of money & how the place is being run
Is she going to be the manager?
Is she going to manage the barbers that the man brings to the business
Is the man even going to be there?
He is better off empoying her as a hairdresser

the man said he wants to partner with married woman so she can help him take care of the business when he's not around.
Re: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
5minsmadness:

Hi tearoses,

the thing is, the husband noticed the woman and the single guy have been chatting a lot on bbm. Nothing incriminating was seen by him sha. And she even told him who the guy was when he asked. A few weeks later she came and told him that the single guy wants to open a beauty saloon with her as a partner. In fact she was going to inspect the shop with him that day and she mentioned it to him in passing and he called her back. When she explained everything the man refused and said he doesnt know the guy well enough. the wife insisted that the guy is a good guy, innocent etc. The woman didnt go to inspect the shop again but she still pesters the husband that she wants to go into buisness with the single guy.

Thanks for a better insight
It helps one understand issues better
She made the mistake of not carrying her hubbby along from day zero
No conversation is irrelevant when it comes to trust and the opposite sex. let your partner know everything that you are up to.
If she had carried her hubby along, then he will most probably be more accepting of the mans offer.

To think she waited until the inspection date before letting her hubby know is very bad and sows seeds of doubt, even if she were innocent
She hasnt behaved wisely
Her pesetering wouldnt have been needed if her hubby was totally in the picture from day one

The man too is not acting wisely (maybe cos he isnt married himself) you want to go into business with a married woman in Nigeria for that matter and you dont deem it fit to speak to or meet her husband?

The husband is right to be hesitant. its true, he doesnt know the man. He doesnt know the source of the mans money neither does he know anything about the man. As a husband and protector his fears are not out of place. You cant just bring someone and say we are now in business without him asking questions. God forbid if anything bad happens, people will ask what was her husband looking at when it was brewing. He will be blamed.

Wifey needs to follow the right process first, and a good hubby will support her.
Re: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by taryour(f): 6:45pm On Aug 23, 2015
5minsmadness:

Hi tearoses,

wooow this has gone all wrong from the very begining, why keep such from her hubby till he found out himself via her fone. the woman must definately have something up her slevees. i support the husband jare. there cant be a good business between this two. her husband should be the first to know of this before even agreeing to be a partner, this partenership aint for business alone. thanks for the full gist op.
Re: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by prissyluv(f): 8:43pm On Aug 23, 2015
I just dey look that married woman with one eye . The husband should be on the look out ooo. Btw,isnt she working??
Re: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
La la la la la la la la la, la la la la la, lalalala. Lah lah lah. Oh, happy day, when Jesus wa-ashed uh uh uh uh.
Re: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
Why not? When men are insecure, they can be bittchy. kiss

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by gidjah(m): 9:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
No cause for control, the situation is under Alarm!
Re: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To Go Into Buisness With A Single Man? by DrObum(m): 10:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
IMHO, there's nothing there ooooo!

But cos this is NL, make I sing my favourite song,
"There's fire on the mountain, and nobody seems to be on the run....."l grin

(1) (Reply)

Guys Can You Take This?will You Allow It. / 3D Wallpanels @ Give Away Prices / Caption This Photo Of A Little Boy - What Could He Be Thinking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.